Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

UnChatAble NPCS

Animelove89Animelove89
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
in Feedback and Suggestions
Well as the title suggest. Don't give us an option to talk to "unimportant NPCS" because when you try to target enemies you go into a conversation with the npc that's "too busy fighting" to talk back in the first place.

Not sure why that feature was included in the first place
Nerdylicious

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If enemies are around, Ctrl-targeting ignores friendly NPCs anyways.

Though there are NPCs you can talk to that literally have nothing to say.
    You click them, the textbox conversation box pops up for a split second before disappearing.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    my control targeting is targeting friendly npcs. Thats why I made this thread. As conversation it is longer than second
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Alright, don't forget to list what NPC and mission this is happening in.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Try Saga missions. Any allies that get spawned. You try to attack any enemies isntead you end up talking to them. Tried it again and it doesn't autocancel I can let it sit there and the monsters attack me
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    @Animelove89
    Do you have the option active for "Cursor Targeting" active?
    It's in Options > Game > Control.

That can cause the cursor to snap to friendly targets and talk to them.
    If it's on, turn it off.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    its not clicking by "Cursor" alone if you are looting items from a massive dead bodies and next wave spawns you talk to the npc while pressing "Alt" The name tag of monster/items jiggle around too much and you end up clicking npcs
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I have this issue too, a lot. That's part of why it took so long to do g20 because of the "kill 100 people in 3 minutes". Kept accidentally clicking on the friendly-npcs even with control targetting. Kept making me fail. I only passed by random luck