Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon Launcher Broken

Comments

• daenidaeni
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited December 12, 2017
    Loreyna wrote: »
    I tried steps 1 through 4 and the launcher still isn't running.

Things got a bit dicey actually. I tried uninstalling the launcher and re-installing, and the set-up wouldn't even run! So I tried running an older set-up from a flash drive. Still no luck.

I also tried the re-naming, but it didn't run.

Steam launcher doesn't seem to be working either.

Would putting a ticket in even matter at this point?

Check to see if windows defender is on. That was an issue for me about 6 months ago, turned it off and I was OK.

My run-around is still working. but an important note is that you have to log off the launcher entirely and wait about a minute for it to run again. Otherwise it just spins.
    Make sure you run it in Administrator mode. For those not familiar, right click file once and choose 'Run as Administrator."

On Steam they seem to have changed it since I had installed it...well about a year ago Lol. :) So try running a new install if you haven't. Also try turning off all your AV/Firewall and launch it. If that works then it's in you AV or firewall as well. Every time they change either Steam or nexon launcher now I sweat blood because it's getting to the point something always fails.
    Also check to see it's included in you exclusions in your AV and if you run it windows defender, well I stopped running that period. Make sure it's the current version of the file. Sometimes when they update something it changes it and then it won't run. Can't get through the AV.

I don't blame them, those companies that have to keep changing their software to stay one step ahead of hackers, we wouldn't need it if ...some bored morons didn't want to spice things up instead of treating others with respect they feel they must create chaos, but enough of that topic. :/

Also I had to create another acct because of this one acct only issue with Steam. yes, It's a pain but it works.

And sending in a ticket even if....it's treated haphazardly is always a good thing. :)

At least they know there is SOMETHING NOT WORKING FOR PAYING CUSTOMERS OUT THERE If they can't fix their game, then fewer customers, less money they can get. That is motivation on their end if they want to keep their games profitable, and it seems it's doing this for me on newer 64 bit Windows 10 systems so yes send in a ticket. Sorry for the book. LOl
  • foxkidfoxkid
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Negumiko wrote: »
    catharbor wrote: »
    Information I found from the Steam Community, "open up the steam folder in your program files and find the mabi launcher. you can run it without opening steam. If you run mabi this way it will ask you your user name so you can access your other accounts easily. good luck" (Quivermonkey, 2013, Steam Community, https://steamcommunity.com/app/212200/discussions/0/846939854185581066/)

that might have worked in the past but in March 2017 mabi took down their direct launch and made some modifications to the steam mabi. it is no longer possible to login that way since the direct launcher no longer works.
    catharbor wrote: »
    Negumiko, what do you mean that the Steam launcher only works with one account? Doesn't it log into an account depending on the login/password you use? So if I and a friend are sharing the same computer, he can use the computer with his login/password, and then I can use the computer and log into Mabi with my login/password. Is that not so?

if your friend wants to use steam launcher on the same computer it might work if he has his own steam account. when you play mabi through steam you only have to enter your username/email and password once and after that it just loads your game and all you need to enter is your second password since steam remembers the rest. this actually makes logging in quick and easy, sadly it means you can only play with one account though. some might think steam remembering your email and first password to login might be a bad thing but I trust steam completely and have been using steam to play mabi for over 4 years without ever being hacked.

yea i tryed login from steam n it seems to only let me log into one account only sadly since me n aunt share comp n she use steam to log in when i mostly use nexon launcher but now since the nexon launcher is having its issues i cant get into or log into steam wit the same comp as her since its only logging into her account only sadly
  • isuraeruisuraeru
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    my mabinogi does not want to play always appears this product is in use lately