Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the NEXT: New Beast Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/78003/next-new-beast-patch-notes-november-17
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon launcher update Closing game!

DingigraphiDingigraphi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,835
in Technical Support
Hey i just experienced something i find to be extremly stupid and unneeded, i was in a elite shadow mission almost done then. out of nowhere No warning at all the game freezes. then it closes its self nexon launcher opens and say's it has an update and needs to be restarted. I dont know if this is some kind of self updating thing that forces itself when there is a major update, or if its something made to irritate the players. Im not happy at all and rather mad. i just spent my last unlimited shadow mission pass on this elite. We should get some kind of warning before it does this. not one of those warnings that pop-up that critical hit will cover when it comes up. a legit-emit warning like you do when we get a maintenance.
  1. Has this happened to you? "Game closing out of nowhere so nexon launcher can update!"9 votes
    1. Yes!
       56% (5 votes)
    2. No!
       44% (4 votes)

Comments

• ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Hmm I've never heard of this happening before and I rarely use the launcher. I wonder if others have had this issue. Or could it be that your client had an error, which closed the game on you, then it "updated" for repairing your client. Just speculating.

I wonder if you can file a ticket about the issue in order to get you're elite pass replaced. I'm sorry this happened to you.
    Hardmuscle
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    maybe so, eitherway it sucks that it happened. and no need to be sorry stuff happens
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,135
    edited December 9, 2017
    A pile of questions.....

Which operating system are you using? Is it 32 or 64 bit? Which graphics card (if any) do you have? Have you updated the drivers for it? How much RAM do you have? Are there any .dump files in the main directory? Are you running Windows Update (receiving possibly unwanted updates in the background)? Are you running Auto Update for games you've installed from the launcher? (https://i.imgur.com/DLr776l.png). Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher? (You can do that without removing your games). Are you running an anti-virus service (aka 'performance hindrance') while you play the game and/or when you install the launcher? (Turn off AV when installing the launcher, so DirectX and other required programs can be updated; VC++ etc). Are you running the Launcher as Administrator? (It's required; right-click link; run as admin; even on "admin accounts" < -- because they're not truly admin accounts -- despite the label in Windows). Are you running User Account Control? If yes; turn it off (If UAC blocks Nexon Game Security, it'll kick you out of the game ~ frozen screen included with no extra charge).

• DingigraphiDingigraphi
    edited December 10, 2017
    What does this even have to do with this issue... the nexon launcher shut my game down so it can update itself. my specs shouldnt have anything to do with that and i have paid malawarebytes aswell as a super clean pc so nothing should be on this pc that i didnt download...
    YangKoete
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited December 12, 2017
    The Nexon Launcher installs updates for itself, your system, and the game. These updates can vary per system (not all systems are the same). I for example am running Windows 10 - 64 bit - on an AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core, with Nvidia GT720 Graphics Card, 8gb RAM, 2TB HD and have absolutely no problems at all with the launcher ever; (malwarebytes running all the time is not good for your system; nor is any other anti-virus service; hence performance hindrance). Your issue could be caused by a number of things or one thing, but I can tell you one thing for sure; it won't fix itself and those you ask won't produce the magic answers without proper information. My advice to you suggests disabling your security services, reducing memory usage, and updating your hardware drivers.
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    im really curious on why all of your comment's have to be useless at all. and half of them are you being a butthead.. fact is i've used this program on many computers and have not ever had this issue. i have had potatoes use this without an issue. it was a bug in the system it hasnt happened since. if my speccs have anything to do with nexon launchers preformance then why has this only happened once... ringa ding ding because it doesnt. i have friends running this game on old as dirt desktops and have no issues. you dont need a gaming rig to play mabinogi. nor use nexon launcher.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited December 13, 2017
    There are no special programs designed to irritate players and you're not going to convince anyone otherwise. Your opening post is a pile of nearly incoherent psychobabble. Game freezes are caused when there isn't enough memory or when the game loses connection to the server. Critical updates are only applied when a malfunction occurs on your own system. No other time. ~ This is the Technical Support forum, and your replies are rude and totally uncalled for. No one here is paid to put up with your attitude; and even then they would not be required to.

As for the 'white flash' you see when landing a Critical Hit.... You can turn that off in the game options (it doesn't require special attention).

Your problem is (for the most part) exclusive to you (it's obviously not happening to everyone). If you'd like further assistance; file a ticket.