Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon 2 Generous!

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Training sure is fast on 4x~16x training.

I did it on 16x with a few burst @ 32x toward the end.

Buying the tradeable RnG skill guds was quite easy since 15-20m is pocket change. I just hired a bunch of farming drones & also sniping a few of em off the market as well.

:*

ya. 15-20m is pocket change to people who price gouge the living hell out of others on a regular basis for items not even worth 10M.

You do realize I could price any item at 15m and it probably wont sell right? Just by having higher prices doesn't mean people actually buy from you.

and you do realise people have bought items at 50-100 mil which caused a domino effect on the market which made people as a result price thing at said prices and they absolutely refuse to haggle or even lower the price. you may not realise it but your prices can have a very destructive side effect on the rest of the market by making many thing completely unobtainable by many in the community just to quench your greed.

Can you name a single item that went for 50-100m that wasn't a pair of wings? The argenta(sp?) dress and demigod F are the only things that I can think of that come close to 50m. That "domino" effect didn't do much, if anything because anyone pricing that high didn't sell it. The people who refused to go lower are still stuck with those items, no one saw a pair of wings sell for 70m and go "Hey I bet my outfit is worth that much too!" Items are only worth as much as the buyer is offering. As for my prices the most I've ever been offered on a fashion item is my mortello's set, which I've had 2 offers of 30m, and one of 33m, anything I've sold over 50m has been end game gear.
    Leilicia wrote: »
    Examples of that is Demigod ..Magic academy...Eiren normal and special...Possessed eiren wings on Tarlach goes for 100m+...my question? why.

Demigod F is ~40m M is ~20m, Magic academy is under 20 for both genders, Eiren normal is under 10m for both genders, the special male is ~15m, female is ~20m+. The possessed wings are fully colour customizable which is uncommon on wings, and it also gives movement speed 10, and attack delay 10. For new fashion items they're not that pricey and have been pretty steadily going down too.

The tails most notably the fox tails.

sorry but im 100% in support of the developers stepping in and making a system and makes it so you can't sell a item over its max price. you can but their are risks such as being scammed.

another thing. ya items are only sold at the buyers amount. doesn't help that such a minority with a billion gold control the entire markets prices with their desperation. and offers up up to 100m thus setting the standard. and when 90% of sellers are just so stubborn that they arent even willing to lower the price a tad. theirs a big problem.

Forcing a max price leads to even shadier things happening, or the market being really messed up. Take a look at black desert, max prices are forced there which means no one sells anything unless someone offers them real cash to post it, so they have a CHANCE to buy it through a bid. You can put a preorder price so it skips auction but guess what? The items that have a preorder tend to sell for upwards of 5 times the set price. You're willing to create a system that supports real world trading, and potential scamming just because you're salty you can't buy the latest wings? As for tails the only one I've seen go to 50m is the five tailed fox tail.

Do you know why a black dragon heart is 50m? Because that's what people are offering. Sure someone desperate might even pay up to 60m, but I'd be willing to bet that if I made a party right now S>BD heart 100m, I'd get troll offers, lowballs, or people telling me I'm handicapped.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited January 11, 2018
    I'd bet if half the gacha exclusive outfits came in CS (outfit)boxes...Divine suit wuld be 1-2m tops. Lel. :* :* :*

Supply and demand. Mabinomics101.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    im 100% in support of the developers stepping in and making a system and makes it so you can't sell a item over its max price.
    Those prices aren't the actual value of anything. Those prices are the result of hackers pouring hundreds of millions of illegal duped gold into the economy. Oh sure. Nexon did their best when it happened, to ban hundreds of players and remove what they could directly get their hands on, but the mess was just so great it's not entirely possible to remove it all without a complete reset of everything. You know it. I know it. The whole damn game knows it. So lets stop pretending everything needs to meet eye to eye with the monster they created and work instead to bring things back to reality. Back when playing the game legitimately for your entire life could lead you to something you want or look forward to, without having to step out on a limb and buy gold from the people who own it all.

oh i know about that. which is why i feel this may be the only logical solution.

say for example.

me and you.

im selling a pair of wings you want. i want 15M for em. but the game wont allow our trade for that item to exceed 10M because 10M is the preset max for that item by the devlopers. so i eaither agree to it or not. or the risk part comes in. we can agree to you giving me 10M i give you the item. then we can open the trade again after the previous trade for a "gift" option of the trade. where i dont need to offer something in return but you give me a check for 5M. that being the other part of the trade. however the risk being as it requires a separate trade. even if we "agreed" you can "scam" but i cant actually legitimately call you a scammer because its my fault for trying to circumvent the system. which brings with it risks.

but the other thing is. even tho that items max is 10M i can sell it to you for 1 gold if i wanted to. it essential is that i can sell said item from 1 gold all the way to its set max. being 10M in this case. this would bring the market prices down if people want a guaranteed sale. otherwise they risk possible "scams"

get what im saying?

Buying the tradeable RnG skill guds was quite easy since 15-20m is pocket change. I just hired a bunch of farming drones & also sniping a few of em off the market as well.

ya. 15-20m is pocket change to people who price gouge the living hell out of others on a regular basis for items not even worth 10M.

You do realize I could price any item at 15m and it probably wont sell right? Just by having higher prices doesn't mean people actually buy from you.

and you do realise people have bought items at 50-100 mil which caused a domino effect on the market which made people as a result price thing at said prices and they absolutely refuse to haggle or even lower the price. you may not realise it but your prices can have a very destructive side effect on the rest of the market by making many thing completely unobtainable by many in the community just to quench your greed.

Can you name a single item that went for 50-100m that wasn't a pair of wings? The argenta(sp?) dress and demigod F are the only things that I can think of that come close to 50m. That "domino" effect didn't do much, if anything because anyone pricing that high didn't sell it. The people who refused to go lower are still stuck with those items, no one saw a pair of wings sell for 70m and go "Hey I bet my outfit is worth that much too!" Items are only worth as much as the buyer is offering. As for my prices the most I've ever been offered on a fashion item is my mortello's set, which I've had 2 offers of 30m, and one of 33m, anything I've sold over 50m has been end game gear.
    Examples of that is Demigod ..Magic academy...Eiren normal and special...Possessed eiren wings on Tarlach goes for 100m+...my question? why.

Demigod F is ~40m M is ~20m, Magic academy is under 20 for both genders, Eiren normal is under 10m for both genders, the special male is ~15m, female is ~20m+. The possessed wings are fully colour customizable which is uncommon on wings, and it also gives movement speed 10, and attack delay 10. For new fashion items they're not that pricey and have been pretty steadily going down too.

sorry but im 100% in support of the developers stepping in and making a system and makes it so you can't sell a item over its max price. you can but their are risks such as being scammed.

another thing. ya items are only sold at the buyers amount. doesn't help that such a minority with a billion gold control the entire markets prices with their desperation. and offers up up to 100m thus setting the standard. and when 90% of sellers are just so stubborn that they arent even willing to lower the price a tad. theirs a big problem.

Forcing a max price leads to even shadier things happening, or the market being really messed up. Take a look at black desert, max prices are forced there which means no one sells anything unless someone offers them real cash to post it, so they have a CHANCE to buy it through a bid. You can put a preorder price so it skips auction but guess what? The items that have a preorder tend to sell for upwards of 5 times the set price. You're willing to create a system that supports real world trading, and potential scamming just because you're salty you can't buy the latest wings? As for tails the only one I've seen go to 50m is the five tailed fox tail.

Do you know why a black dragon heart is 50m? Because that's what people are offering. Sure someone desperate might even pay up to 60m, but I'd be willing to bet that if I made a party right now S>BD heart 100m, I'd get troll offers, lowballs, or people telling me I'm handicapped.

just because BDO does it and it fails doesnt mean the system fails with it. remember nexon doesnt allow for real world trade for items ingame. so they can get away with this kind of system. the market as it is right now is far to screwed up and something needs to be done about it, and ya. 50m for a five tail fox tail is still unrealistic for that item. id be willing to say its maybe only worth 15m, at the most. i still say nothing in this game is worth more then 10m. someone brought up the problem of the dupes years ago and how the problem hasnt been fixed. we are still suffering from that issue today. but the issue is worse as the Elite of the game. the Mabi 1% controls the entire market. thats wrong.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

just because BDO does it and it fails doesnt mean the system fails with it. remember nexon doesnt allow for real world trade for items ingame. so they can get away with this kind of system. the market as it is right now is far to screwed up and something needs to be done about it, and ya. 50m for a five tail fox tail is still unrealistic for that item. id be willing to say its maybe only worth 15m, at the most. i still say nothing in this game is worth more then 10m. someone brought up the problem of the dupes years ago and how the problem hasnt been fixed. we are still suffering from that issue today. but the issue is worse as the Elite of the game. the Mabi 1% controls the entire market. thats wrong.

So let me get this straight. You support item scamming, and you don't think any item is worth over 10m. How slowly do you make gold to think this is realistic? Pretty much no mmo's support real world trading, yet I can't think of a single one that doesn't have it, hell even people in mabi right now are advertising it IN GAME. The duping issue happened so long ago that it's settled out or, at least it's not as drastic anymore. When the saga 2 mission was spewing out millions of gold and everyone was spaming it the market was painfully inflated. 150k stacks of holy water that were actually selling and other absurd things. 50m for the five tail fox tail is unrealistic because it's only 65% of what people are trying to buy it for. There's not a secret meeting of the rich players who all get together and scheme, most of the richest players collect gold itself instead of items. If you personally don't think any item is worth over 10m, then let me ask you this... Do you own any items over 10m? If so you're not only a hypocrite but also contributing to the "problem". The part that I find insane is that you actually support item scamming.
    UnisexNilrem

So let me get this straight. You support item scamming, and you don't think any item is worth over 10m. How slowly do you make gold to think this is realistic? Pretty much no mmo's support real world trading, yet I can't think of a single one that doesn't have it, hell even people in mabi right now are advertising it IN GAME. The duping issue happened so long ago that it's settled out or, at least it's not as drastic anymore. When the saga 2 mission was spewing out millions of gold and everyone was spaming it the market was painfully inflated. 150k stacks of holy water that were actually selling and other absurd things. 50m for the five tail fox tail is unrealistic because it's only 65% of what people are trying to buy it for. There's not a secret meeting of the rich players who all get together and scheme, most of the richest players collect gold itself instead of items. If you personally don't think any item is worth over 10m, then let me ask you this... Do you own any items over 10m? If so you're not only a hypocrite but also contributing to the "problem". The part that I find insane is that you actually support item scamming.

Me supporting scamming? HA your stretching and clawing for a excuse to highlight me as the baddy. i dont do as much combat anymore so i dont have much money left over. people make so little money in the game that its unrealistic to be paying out 20-50 mil on a regular basis for items that if were actually given value by people who knew what they were doing. would value many of them only at 5m on average.

and the saga 2 mission exploit was held as a well guarded secret by people who found it knowing if word got out it would become a problem and get patched. it only sements my point how out of hand the economy has gotten. your right their arent secret meetings but the fact only at best 3% of the community has such a massive stockpile of gold that they have such a massive say on the market prices as made the economy the mess it is today.

and nice fail on trying to paint me as a hyprocrite and bad person with this line as its telling of your character
    "then let me ask you this... Do you own any items over 10m? If so you're not only a hypocrite but also contributing to the "problem". The part that I find insane is that you actually support item scamming."

blindly ignoring the fact that owning items that in the market may go over 10m does not make me a hypocrite as all the items i do own i farmed to own. my 2 RK swords i own. my guardian staff and my celtic tribolt. i farmed Alby ADV HM repeatedly til i got the necessary items to have someone craft for me. since at the time i was not the necessary rank to make em myself. the only substantially expensive item i own is my fox tail. that i own because a friend of mine was very grateful and sympathetic to my situation and went out of her way to get for me knowing the theme of my char. and my love for fox girl's. nothing i own i spent over 10m for. so sorry but calling me a hypocrite doesn't work,

as there is nothing i baught that cost me over 10m i made/farmed it all myself or was given to as a gift.

so no i do not support scamming. where you get that ludicrous idea i cannot fathom.
  • JulieJulie
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    sorry, i still say no to communism.
    Hellkaizer
  • RheyRhey
    item to exceed 10M

Why not 1g?:trollface:
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Me supporting scamming? HA your stretching and clawing for a excuse to highlight me as the baddy.

Hmm...

im selling a pair of wings you want. i want 15M for em. but the game wont allow our trade for that item to exceed 10M because 10M is the preset max for that item by the devlopers. so i eaither agree to it or not. or the risk part comes in. we can agree to you giving me 10M i give you the item. then we can open the trade again after the previous trade for a "gift" option of the trade. where i dont need to offer something in return but you give me a check for 5M.

Right you don't support item scamming... Maybe you're ignorant of how things work as you don't seem to buy or sell anything but we have an option to increase the trade window size now to prevent this. KR has larger cheques now, again to prevent that situation and due to inflation.
    as there is nothing i baught that cost me over 10m i made/farmed it all myself or was given to as a gift.
    Using anecdotal evidence to support your claim doesn't help you. And let me ask you something else then, if you had an extra fox tail you'd be entirely willing to part with it for under 10m? Don't dodge the question by saying you'd gift it to someone either.

The system you're proposing has failed in every MMO that's had it. sohascommunismintherealworld
    i dont do as much combat anymore so i dont have much money left over. people make so little money in the game

Lastly, you can't really have a say in items being over priced if you don't understand how people even get the gold in the first place. Nearly anyone can make at least 1m/hr doing shadow wizard with a group.
    UnisexNilrem
    Julie wrote: »
    sorry, i still say no to communism.

where did you get communism from?
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    i dont do as much combat anymore so i dont have much money left over. people make so little money in the game that its unrealistic to be paying out 20-50 mil on a regular basis for items that if were actually given value by people who knew what they were doing. would value many of them only at 5m on average.

If I managed to afford Incubus Wings by doing nothing but selling cheap event items then you can too.

The only thing keeping someone from decent to amazing gold gains is laziness, incompetence, idiocy, or the mindset of only being able to get gold from drops.

Most event HS props? 400-800k. Rare ones? Could be a few mil.
    Event outfits? Could be anywhere from 200k to 5mil depending on effort needed.
    Event chairs? Easy mil in most cases.
    Mini gems? Always worth something.
    Even those "junk" prizes people always throw away are worth something.

Heck you can even go after bachram crystals right now and make a fortune.

The only person making yourself unable to afford things is yourself.
  • RheyRhey
    Nilrem wrote: »
    i dont do as much combat anymore so i dont have much money left over. people make so little money in the game that its unrealistic to be paying out 20-50 mil on a regular basis for items that if were actually given value by people who knew what they were doing. would value many of them only at 5m on average.

If I managed to afford Incubus Wings by doing nothing but selling cheap event items then you can too.

The only thing keeping someone from decent to amazing gold gains is laziness, incompetence, idiocy, or the mindset of only being able to get gold from drops.

Most event HS props? 400-800k. Rare ones? Could be a few mil.
    Event outfits? Could be anywhere from 200k to 5mil depending on effort needed.
    Event chairs? Easy mil in most cases.
    Mini gems? Always worth something.
    Even those "junk" prizes people always throw away are worth something.

Heck you can even go after bachram crystals right now and make a fortune.

The only person making yourself unable to afford things is yourself.

commerce is a thang 2. :* Bare minimal combat at best. ;)
    Nilrem