Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

why can we only have NPC avatars?

LynetteLynette
Mabinogi Rep: 685
in Town Square
is there a reason or dose mabi just hate us? cause tbh i find it really annoying and confusing. i dont look at peoples names, i use to just look at there avatar and remember them. now i have no idea who anyone is.

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited January 20, 2017
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17/forum-features-walkthrough

The very last part says that the ability to link custom avatars to your profile is being worked on.

I believe all the other game's forums also have default avatars as well.
  • LynetteLynette
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    edited January 20, 2017
    Korore
    Korore said:

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/17/forum-features-walkthrough

The very last part says that the ability to link custom avatars to your profile is being worked on.
    ooh alright, thank you. i cant stand default things
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    A little uncalled for there.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    And here I thought I was being nice with just saying that.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Look they work hard, eventually we will get avatars back. But right now it's not a priority. Server stability and updates are more important.
    Berryswirl
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    As much as I miss personal avatars these NPC ones are varied and cute enough for me not to care...
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    should've just used xenforo xD
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Gaea wrote: »
    :Look they work hard, eventually we will get avatars back. But right now it's not a priority. Server stability and updates are more important.

You do know server, and stability updates are handled by Korea, and only installed by the workers in the US right? Also generally people in charge of settings on things like forums, and the ones in charge of maintenance of hardware, and servers are usually 2 different jobs handled by different people. I'm basing this on the various places I've worked in the past btw so I guess Nexon might be backwards, and have the same exact people in charge of everything (which would explain a lot actually)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 27, 2017
    lidiya wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    :Look they work hard, eventually we will get avatars back. But right now it's not a priority. Server stability and updates are more important.

You do know server, and stability updates are handled by Korea, and only installed by the workers in the US right? Also generally people in charge of settings on things like forums, and the ones in charge of maintenance of hardware, and servers are usually 2 different jobs handled by different people. I'm basing this on the various places I've worked in the past btw so I guess Nexon might be backwards, and have the same exact people in charge of everything (which would explain a lot actually)

Maintenance is handled by by our NA staff and while they are unable to alter the coding they do have to implement the debugging Korea provides. They also do troubleshooting not only on the servers but for the 1000's of customers with issues on their accounts. Among a number of other responsibilities around here. Forums are on the end of their list. Deal with it.

Anyway...we got images back. So they do work on these forums when they can. :|