Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Combat animations

JulieJulie
Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
edited February 11, 2018 in General Chat
there used to be a time when your "knockback meter" was filled, your character wasnt sent flying like if it was just uppercutted by Ryu, instead your character would often slide back, or get sent rolling backwards, if you had a one handed sword, your character would occasionally stab the ground to stop from sliding back, sadly thats not the thing that happens anymore ever since the combat update for some reason, it was pretty cool though.

I know that this can still be triggered through other means, but that means it barely is now. But now i started to notice something else that irks me, no longer do i see enemies that get smashed do that one animation before they get slent flying, instead they look like theyre just going on their day before they suddenly get sent flying. Why though? This troubles me :( , it looks odd seeing them get stabbed and look like nothing is happening to them.
ImaizumiMaiaTheNyanCat

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You can still see your character do the sword ground stab thing during some cutscenes.
    And, your character still does that cringing animation when you get smashed.

But yeah, since that one combat update a while back, a lot of knockbacks were changed to knockdowns.

Being too close to Girgashiy when it does its big jump attack will still knock you back, though it's just the animation, and doesn't actually do what a normal knockback used to do. (no skill cancelling, or losing spell charges).
    GretafoussiremixUnisex
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I really miss those animations from the past because they were what made the combat so exhilarating in the past for me. They were stabbing their sword into the ground to make sure they don't get knocked too far away!! It was awesome.
    treasurehuntyShadoeTheNyanCatUnisex
  • JulieJulie
    has anyone noticed how they removed the initial animation that you get when youre getting smashed though? (or smashing someone else)
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Julie wrote: »
    has anyone noticed how they removed the initial animation that you get when youre getting smashed though? (or smashing someone else)

Yep. I've noticed.
    Something that won't be noticed nor fixed for years probably.
  • JulieJulie
    Harukari wrote: »
    Julie wrote: »

Yep. I've noticed.
    Something that won't be noticed nor fixed for years probably.

pretty saddening :(
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited February 13, 2018
    I mean, all you really can do is post a thread about it in the bugs and glitches section, if there isn't one already, about the no getting smashed animation.
    ((And watch said thread collect dust))