Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 1 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75193/great-era-of-commerce-part-1-patch-notes-june-30th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why is it so hard...

Comments

  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited May 12, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    You think being ignored in trade is the rudest you've been exposed to? Just yesterday someone in the runescape community exposed an exploit that lures people into the wilderness (full loot pvp zone) AKA scamming. This is what he's greeted with daily now (and outside of game too)

    -removed- Please do not post inappropriate content to the forum.

    Being ignored is probably the least rude thing that happens in MMOs.

    That is not considered trading. Scamming is not trading, it is stealing. Something any real trader would know.

    So yes, ignoring someone IS one of the most rude things you can do in trading.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 64,205
    Posts: 8,867
    Member
    edited May 12, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »
    I will ignore people if I want. If I don't like your offer then I don't have to dignify a response. Sure it may be rude but I am not obligated to respond or talk to anyone.

    I don't find myself surprised to know that's your take on this. lol

    That's fine though. You're certainly not obligated to reply, so you do you.

    It still baffles me though why typing out a short response is so hard that you, and everyone else who said they deliberately don't respond, have to take that stance.

    I understand not wanting to waste your time on a jokester intentionally making a stupid offer, but some people don't keep up with the market very well and genuinely don't know a solid price- especially if the item has faded out of the market to a point of obscurity.

    And beyond that, people should not have to worry about getting a hostile response. If you tell them no and they don't handle it appropriately, then by all means, feel free to ignore them at that point. Ignoring them before then doesn't give them a chance to get the item they desire and only gives them a reason to get angry at you anyway.

    Because I am not amused by some people's offers, whether they are meant to be a joke or not. It's best for me not to reply or communication will get ugly. It always does. Because I will tell them one thing and they tell me another thing and that thing is bs and I will call them out on it and...blah blah blah...ignore. So I have basically have skipped that bs and simply have patience and wait for a satisfactory buyer.

    You do the research on the item you want and gauge the price of the item before pinging anyone. (Even I do this. I don't bs anyone with a low price if it's something I really want).

    Now I don't ignore everyone. If you're on my friends list or I know you, then it's a different situation. I may respond with a "go F off lol". ;)
    MizukiHayama
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    You think being ignored in trade is the rudest you've been exposed to? Just yesterday someone in the runescape community exposed an exploit that lures people into the wilderness (full loot pvp zone) AKA scamming. This is what he's greeted with daily now (and outside of game too)

    -removed- Please do not post inappropriate content to the forum.

    Being ignored is probably the least rude thing that happens in MMOs.

    That is not considered trading. Scamming is not trading, it is stealing. Something any real trader would know.

    So yes, ignoring someone IS one of the most rude things you can do in trading.

    And that's a very flimsy argument. Scamming is a part of trading so is theft (to an extent). It's not a good part but if there wasn't a trade to begin with scamming couldn't even happen.

    And what is your definition of "real trader" I make most of my gold in game buying and selling things, and you bet I take advantage of people in a rush to sell and lowball them, does that make me a real trader?

    Getting ignored from a note is hardly rude at all, note them again maybe they missed it which is what 90% of the times I've been ignored have been.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,740
    Posts: 489
    Member
    From a not-too-serious point of view, the first offer is normally made by the 'weaker' in a conversation, because although the agreed upon amount is normally closer to that value than not, it sets the tone of the conversation for how 'serious' they are. Generally the first offer isn't at/above price of the item. Once the first offer is made, it is up to the other party to determine if the conversation is worth pursuing, or if the deal will even be in their benefit.

    If people are just making inquiries, placing an offer or evaluation may put them in a 'I'm trying to buy this' situation, and/or make them feel like they are committing to the purchase.

    Otherwise, people are rude and if they don't hear what they want off the hop they ignore you and move on to the next person.

    GAWDDAMIT I JUST NOTICED SPELLING ERRORS.

    I just found out what I was referring to in the first section; it's called anchoring bias.
  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Posts: 61
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

    And that's a very flimsy argument. Scamming is a part of trading so is theft (to an extent). It's not a good part but if there wasn't a trade to begin with scamming couldn't even happen.

    And what is your definition of "real trader" I make most of my gold in game buying and selling things, and you bet I take advantage of people in a rush to sell and lowball them, does that make me a real trader?

    Getting ignored from a note is hardly rude at all, note them again maybe they missed it which is what 90% of the times I've been ignored have been.

    My definition of a real trader is someone who trades on multiple platforms with at least one or more of them involving real money, not video game currency.

    Also, I don't think you understand what scamming is. There are many who don't, so don't feel too bad. A lot of people will even mistake it for other things like lowballing or sharking which are completely different.

    As for the whole "maybe they missed it" thing, I make sure to send messages at least once every 24 hours if they stopped responding. After 3-5 days with no response, I just assume the person is either a scumbag or got into an accident in the real world and they can't play anymore. Either way I move on.

    Regardless, I'm not debating this any further. It's not worth it and you seem like one of the people we're talking about so naturally you wouldn't want to listen to someone calling it out. If not, my apologies. Regardless of what you think, it is still very rude to ignore someone and any trader with respect will respond even if it's just to decline.

    Keep one thing in mind if you want people to take you seriously though. Never compare scammers to traders ever again. Scammers are con artists, not traders. If a surgeon and a serial killer both use a knife, that does not make them the same.
    Bronzebreak
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

    And that's a very flimsy argument. Scamming is a part of trading so is theft (to an extent). It's not a good part but if there wasn't a trade to begin with scamming couldn't even happen.

    And what is your definition of "real trader" I make most of my gold in game buying and selling things, and you bet I take advantage of people in a rush to sell and lowball them, does that make me a real trader?

    Getting ignored from a note is hardly rude at all, note them again maybe they missed it which is what 90% of the times I've been ignored have been.

    My definition of a real trader is someone who trades on multiple platforms with at least one or more of them involving real money, not video game currency.

    Also, I don't think you understand what scamming is. There are many who don't, so don't feel too bad. A lot of people will even mistake it for other things like lowballing or sharking which are completely different.

    As for the whole "maybe they missed it" thing, I make sure to send messages at least once every 24 hours if they stopped responding. After 3-5 days with no response, I just assume the person is either a scumbag or got into an accident in the real world and they can't play anymore. Either way I move on.

    Regardless, I'm not debating this any further. It's not worth it and you seem like one of the people we're talking about so naturally you wouldn't want to listen to someone calling it out. If not, my apologies. Regardless of what you think, it is still very rude to ignore someone and any trader with respect will respond even if it's just to decline.

    Keep one thing in mind if you want people to take you seriously though. Never compare scammers to traders ever again. Scammers are con artists, not traders. If a surgeon and a serial killer both use a knife, that does not make them the same.

    Yeah, there's no point continuing it because instead of keeping to the topic of a debate you've decided to personally insult me and be incredibly condescending. And you say people that ignore lowballs are rude...

    You should also probably read what I said. I said scamming is a part of trading, not that scammers are traders. Just like there's doping in professional sports, or cheating in board games.

    Keep one thing in mind if you want people to take you seriously though, never start throwing out insults and talking to the other person like they're an imbecile because you can't come up with a better argument.
    THICCthighssavelives