Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Housing Update

Comments

• YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    edited May 6, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Yoriden wrote: »
    Katherz wrote: »
    Everyone's most anticipated Homestead update is finally here!
    Kind of a cruel move to announce the "most anticipated" Homestead update with a 500k fee... I get that that's not hard to come by if you play this game all the time, but spending that kind of money when you only casually play every so often is just not worth it. So, kinda sucks if you're a casual player who was really anticipating ever being able to enter your house anytime in your Mabi lifetime. I'd rather have entering be free and have decorating cost Pon or reasonable amounts of gold, and then have the 'using it as a shop' feature cost the huge 500k/200k fee or be a Premium service.

Jesus Christ, why remove fee then later add it AGAIN? 10/10 logic. What if the second part of Housing update comes this same month? All these people will experience either:
    1. Paying for leasing TWICE or be left scammed because they payed for Housing, but fee's will disappear or appear suddenly.
    2. Some kind of terrible glitches might happen during that and everyone panics and screams "HAXORS ARE BACK!".

If you hate the fact that you need to pay 500k to enter the house then don't buy it and say nothing. Some people are even saying that in later updates we will get our Housing in there. SMH....You guys should be happy that we are at least getting some updates, Nexon could have abandoned it fully ages ago, but they didn't.
    Don't try to change system before it's not even fully implemented.

My point was that, for people who would just like to enter the house without using it as a shop, free entry and the ability to decorate it like a homestead would have been preferable. I'm not saying that they have to make this change or that I expect this change, just voicing that I would very much have liked the ability to enter my house without paying a quarter of my savings. It's an opinion, not a demand, and no one is being hurt by it.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Kind of a cruel move to announce the "most anticipated" Homestead update with a 500k fee... I get that that's not hard to come by if you play this game all the time, but spending that kind of money when you only casually play every so often is just not worth it. So, kinda sucks if you're a casual player who was really anticipating ever being able to enter your house anytime in your Mabi lifetime. I'd rather have entering be free and have decorating cost Pon or reasonable amounts of gold, and then have the 'using it as a shop' feature cost the huge 500k/200k fee or be a Premium service.

i think people are intimidated or so relatively new that they dont know how to make 500k in a few hours. I think this issue only effects people who dont play at all lol. you only need to play 2 hours of the game within 30 days. If you cant play 2 hours of the game per month, then thats not "casual" thats afk, or logged off.

You guys do realize although its not "free" that it does not cost money, and only in game currency, something i think most ppl should be super supportive of. - probably why i keep commenting so much on this.

For those who DO actually play more then 2 hours A MONTH, heres some helpful tips:
    -Sell holy water,or herbs,or ores, or gems, or event items(afk shop/auction house)
    -doing dailies/adventure seal quests. (you can get a lot of gold out of this surprisingly, good for casual players)
    -doing shadow missions- 2 hours of tagging along in shadow missions should be enough
    -crystal defenders- each time you complete a wave you make 7k, each wave like 3 mins. You can make an easy 50k per round. And although vip tickets r limited, if your such a casual player with no time on your hands. logging in and doing this for a few minutes shouldn't be hard.
    -buy vip service. idk how the house works when vip is activated.... but if my hunch is right... you only need to buy the 1 day option of vip when the rent is due. eue"
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    TheDumbOne wrote: »

i think people are intimidated or so relatively new that they dont know how to make 500k in a few hours. I think this issue only effects people who dont play at all lol. you only need to play 2 hours of the game within 30 days. If you cant play 2 hours of the game per month, then thats not "casual" thats afk, or logged off.

You guys do realize although its not "free" that it does not cost money, and only in game currency, something i think most ppl should be super supportive of. - probably why i keep commenting so much on this.

For those who DO actually play more then 2 hours A MONTH, heres some helpful tips:
    -Sell holy water,or herbs,or ores, or gems, or event items(afk shop/auction house)
    -doing dailies/adventure seal quests. (you can get a lot of gold out of this surprisingly, good for casual players)
    -doing shadow missions- 2 hours of tagging along in shadow missions should be enough
    -crystal defenders- each time you complete a wave you make 7k, each wave like 3 mins. You can make an easy 50k per round. And although vip tickets r limited, if your such a casual player with no time on your hands. logging in and doing this for a few minutes shouldn't be hard.
    -buy vip service. idk how the house works when vip is activated.... but if my hunch is right... you only need to buy the 1 day option of vip when the rent is due. eue"

Yeah, I only play maybe every couple of months, really? Depending on the event that's going on or whatever else I'm busy doing, like playing some other game or dealing with real life things. And when I am on, I'm not usually grinding for gold, I'm trying to get quests done. So dropping 500k every so often just to see the interior of my house isn't really realistic to me, especially if all I really want to do is get in to decorate for fun.

I really wanted to be able to enter my house! But sadly, the way it's set up just isn't worth me ever trying to see the inside. =/
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    All these people that don't even play the game
  • TwistedKittenTwistedKitten
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    Has anyone else had the issue were they have to change channel in order to enter their Homestead?
    Even if permissions are set for only the owner to be there and you haven't been on the other channel all day?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited May 8, 2018
    Has anyone else had the issue were they have to change channel in order to enter their Homestead?
    Even if permissions are set for only the owner to be there and you haven't been on the other channel all day?

Did someone request permission to enter?
    That might've been enough to lock it onto a specific channel.

Other than that, you could just chalk it up to general homestead weirdness.
    TwistedKittenBronzebreak
  • Treeson790Treeson790
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Can you sell stuff in your own house?
  • DueFussDueFuss
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    As winter is over and I'll have less time to play Mabinogi, I'm very likely to go a couple months at a time without plying. So even if i have the gold, I still will lose the house access. Does that mean I'll also lose all the stuff I decorate it with? When they implement the shop feature, will i lose all the stuff i put in the house to sell? How 'bout instead of a 7 day window to extend the lease, a 365 day window? Or better still, just let us extend the lease as much as we want with no time window required.

Anyway, paid the 500k. Found I couldn't leave anything in my house. So where do I apply for a refund?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    edited May 15, 2018
    DueFuss wrote: »
    (May 15th)

Anyway, paid the 500k. Found I couldn't leave anything in my house. So where do I apply for a refund?
    May 3rd,
    [*] NOTE: The shop description of these services will be updated soon!

ZHmHih5.png

Also, you can make a suggestion thread about your... well, suggestions.
    DueFuss
  • DueFussDueFuss
    edited May 15, 2018
    YES!!!!

Now this is worth the 500k, I can finally get all my Alts to my homestead and they can bookmark it. :D

... argh, but i can't see my alts in my visitors log.... D:
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    YES!!!!

Now this is worth the 500k, I can finally get all my Alts to my homestead and they can bookmark it. :D

visitors log doesnt work. - i had over 5 ppl visit in and out of my homestead. even kicked one off as a joke. and non of them showed in the log
  • DueFussDueFuss
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    YES!!!!

visitors log doesnt work. - i had over 5 ppl visit in and out of my homestead. even kicked one off as a joke. and non of them showed in the log

So, how do i grant permissions to visitors...
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I do hope they don't sit on this initial homestead update and go "yeah that's enough to tide them over for three months".

Of course that's also because I'm really looking forward to the other parts of the homestead update.

I believe KR released part two nice and real quick, probably not even two months apart.
    So hopefully we'll get to see the same steady stream of content updates as they do.