Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

500,000 gold for what exactly?

Comments

• YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    I really wish it was 100k or somethin'. It'd make sense.

Our economies don't really need to have as huge of a source to drain money in, given repairs are insanely priced for higher-tier stuff...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 6, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

I believe that's 200k, not 20k....?

You didn't read the other posts in the thread? I guess I better edit it before 500 people quote me and tell me I'm wrong

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited May 7, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »

I believe that's 200k, not 20k....?

You didn't read the other posts in the thread? I guess I better edit it before 500 people quote me and tell me I'm wrong

You do realize sarcasm wasn't necessary and you could have been less rude and just said something more along the lines of, "I did mention in another post that I made a typo, thanks so much for looking out for me when it comes to the last 7 days of the lease and I was possibly shocked by the fact that I had to pay 200k instead of 20k... Omg, I would have been SOOOO mad!!! You're my hero!" Or you could have just ignored it.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited May 7, 2018
    lol the thing you put in quotes sounds even more rude and sarcastic that what I typed !! XD I didn't consider what I typed as rude. I just assume people actually read the posts in the thread they're replying to... -shrug-
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 7, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    lol the thing you put in quotes sounds even more rude and sarcastic that what I typed !! XD I didn't consider what I typed as rude. I just assume people actually read the posts in the thread they're replying to... -shrug-

Lol, that's because I was trying to be more sarcastic towards the end, hun. ;)

And I was replying to two posts in this thread, not the thread itself.

Try not to make assumptions, some of us here actually do try and inform people of things so they aren't surprised. That being said, it's pretty depressing that "I did mention in another post that I made a typo, thanks so much for looking out for me when it comes to the last 7 days of the lease and I was possibly shocked by the fact that I had to pay 200k instead of 20k... Omg, I would have been SOOOO mad!!!" was instantly assumed to be rude and sarcastic. I didn't realize thanking someone these days was so unheard of. (And, that wasn't sarcasm...)
  • GoterxGoterx
    Mabinogi Rep: 480
    edited May 7, 2018
    Pay 500k for the house, that's a good joke, I prefer to buy upgrade hammers

https://ibb.co/kVbqOn
    Jazmyn
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840

Try not to make assumptions, some of us here actually do try and inform people of things so they aren't surprised. That being said, it's pretty depressing that "I did mention in another post that I made a typo, thanks so much for looking out for me when it comes to the last 7 days of the lease and I was possibly shocked by the fact that I had to pay 200k instead of 20k... Omg, I would have been SOOOO mad!!!" was instantly assumed to be rude and sarcastic. I didn't realize thanking someone these days was so unheard of. (And, that wasn't sarcasm...)

Depressing? Wait, you stated that you tried to be sarcastic towards the end yourself, so how is it depressing that that quote in particular is instantly assumed to be sarcastic (if not rude)? ?_?

Also, in that case the issue would not be that "thanking someone these days" is unheard of. It's possible to thank someone in a rude/sarcastic manner (ex: Thanks a lot for giving me the flu!) so if Arjune felt like the quote suggested sarcastically thanking you, then that's where their "what you put in quotes sounds even more rude and sarcastic than what I typed" stance came from. It's not always easy to tell what emotions are carried with a post since the text itself cannot express emotions, after all. It depends on how one interprets it. For example, when I first read Arjune's post I thought it did seem like they were trying to be rude, but when I re-read it I realized that they really could have been oblivious even with the exaggeration. The quote you brought up could be interpreted in such a manner as well.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 8, 2018
    Fluorette wrote: »

Depressing? Wait, you stated that you tried to be sarcastic towards the end yourself, so how is it depressing that that quote in particular is instantly assumed to be sarcastic (if not rude)? ?_?

Also, in that case the issue would not be that "thanking someone these days" is unheard of. It's possible to thank someone in a rude/sarcastic manner (ex: Thanks a lot for giving me the flu!) so if Arjune felt like the quote suggested sarcastically thanking you, then that's where their "what you put in quotes sounds even more rude and sarcastic than what I typed" stance came from. It's not always easy to tell what emotions are carried with a post since the text itself cannot express emotions, after all. It depends on how one interprets it. For example, when I first read Arjune's post I thought it did seem like they were trying to be rude, but when I re-read it I realized that they really could have been oblivious even with the exaggeration. The quote you brought up could be interpreted in such a manner as well.

"Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums." Read the rules please. Arjune already failed to do so when she baited me in the first place when I was simply trying to help by providing the correct price information.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wat.jpg

Did Nexon approve your price??? How can you say it's correct? Lmao....
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Fluorette wrote: »

"Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums." Read the rules please. Arjune already failed to do so when she baited me in the first place when I was simply trying to help by providing the correct price information.

You played yourself.
    MizukiHayamaCrimsọnKrissyPootel
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited May 8, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    Wat.jpg

Did Nexon approve your price??? How can you say it's correct? Lmao....

Er... because I read the Homestead Update.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited May 8, 2018
    So another benefit to the house is the ability to invite your alts to your homestead using the invitation item. Yeah, the alternative using guilds is free, but now we have a simpler method.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    So another benefit to the house is the ability to invite your alts to your homestead using the invitation item. Yeah, the alternative using guilds is free, but now we have a simpler method.

Speaking of methods of entering other people's homesteads other than directly right clicking their character/their name on the friend/guild list, I wonder about that... ranking(?) board that's coming later.

The one where you can rate a person's homestead in a few categories, like general Beauty, Gathering, Crafting, etc.

If that was a searchable board, then it'd be able to replace the guild method, too.

I wish we could still friend ourselves, though. :p
    That'd just make things even easier, if a bit silly/sad.
  • ArjuneArjune
    I wish there was another way to enter the homestead of a character on my own account without putting them in the same guild as me. it won't let me add her to my friend list either because she is on my same account. that's the only thing keeping me from making her homestead an herbland
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    @Arjune On your alt, lease the house. Give an invitation to your main char. Enter with your main character and favorite the homestead so you can return whenever you please (Alt homesteads are also great teleport points for travelling between continents using the Travelers Guide).
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Arjune On your alt, lease the house. Give an invitation to your main char. Enter with your main character and favorite the homestead so you can return whenever you please (Alt homesteads are also great teleport points for travelling between continents using the Travelers Guide).

This method is really only feasible if you have service, since that affects the whole account, and makes house leases free.
    Still have to build a proper house on the alt's homestead.

The alternative is paying 500k per alt's homestead house you want to visit, on top of having to build the house.
    Painful. :persevere:
  • ArjuneArjune

Ooooo :D See there was no option up until now to get into an alt's homestead on the same account besides sharing a guild so that's another great thing about this update. I never even thought about doing that! Thanks for the idea , I'm gonna go do that right now and get started on making herb farm <3