Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Re:zero boardgame ticket box.

Comments

  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.

    yeah but I have 10 of those and haven't done the last 100 spins. I also doubt it's to prevent people from getting more than one, because of how common the ticket is in boxes (Seems to be about 1/30)
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    Posts: 53
    Member
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.
    So just though luck to those of us who are not even sure if we can login for 20 days to collect the tickets needed for the puppet. I'm sure they're smart enough to know that if they want to limit the permanent puppet, they just limit the exchange shop.
  • CallantheCallanthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 31
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    get an alt because its not against ToS.
    Mabinogi meta for gold:
    2015-ish - Saga 2 spam
    2016-ish - Conflict spam
    2018 - alt abuse

    Why am I still playing...
    GretaRadiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 49,985
    Posts: 7,611
    Member
    edited August 16, 2018
    Actually I think I know why there are extra boxes...

    I've actually had one of those days where my bad luck streak was on a serious roll. I ended up with no boxes for that day and I was glad I had those extras. rip.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Callanthe wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    get an alt because its not against ToS.
    Mabinogi meta for gold:
    2015-ish - Saga 2 spam
    2016-ish - Conflict spam
    2018 - alt abuse

    Why am I still playing...
    Uh... Sorry to burst your bubble but people have been multiclienting since well pretty much forever. As for the alt abuse, again it's been done since the start. Just before you were banned for even mentioning it.
    MizukiHayamaTheNyanCat
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,320
    Posts: 7,665
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't understand what's the issue here. People can't afford to keep a 2x2 space for a box? Or they are just greedy enough to want open it all? Have no idea...

    Hoarding issues says yes...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 33,320
    Posts: 7,665
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Callanthe wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    get an alt because its not against ToS.
    Mabinogi meta for gold:
    2015-ish - Saga 2 spam
    2016-ish - Conflict spam
    2018 - alt abuse

    Why am I still playing...
    Uh... Sorry to burst your bubble but people have been multiclienting since well pretty much forever. As for the alt abuse, again it's been done since the start. Just before you were banned for even mentioning it.

    Alts to me is equivalent to Public Storage
  • CallantheCallanthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 31
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Uh... Sorry to burst your bubble but people have been multiclienting since well pretty much forever. As for the alt abuse, again it's been done since the start. Just before you were banned for even mentioning it.

    That's the thing, it's used to be: one person - one account. Using multiple accounts was against the rules. Now it's "lol, just get alts'.
    I'm not saying people are literally Satan for doing it, but I don't like it and I don't agree it should be an answer for legit players to compete against bots for gold by farming alts.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but just because cheaters exist it doesn't mean limits hit them the most - because they don't.
    KingofrunesGretaTwelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Callanthe wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Uh... Sorry to burst your bubble but people have been multiclienting since well pretty much forever. As for the alt abuse, again it's been done since the start. Just before you were banned for even mentioning it.

    That's the thing, it's used to be: one person - one account. Using multiple accounts was against the rules. Now it's "lol, just get alts'.
    I'm not saying people are literally Satan for doing it, but I don't like it and I don't agree it should be an answer for legit players to compete against bots for gold by farming alts.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but just because cheaters exist it doesn't mean limits hit them the most - because they don't.

    I really don't remember it ever being against the rules to have more than one account, even if it was it wasn't enforced at all.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,745
    Posts: 1,226
    Member
    I still had like 9 boxes of tickets to use, and i gain 1~2 boxes a day....nexon.....WHY!?

    At least make me exchange them for gold to an npc if they will just stand there unable to be used more than once when i have more per day!
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,940
    Posts: 1,155
    Member
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.

    Having 500 spins is more space efficiency than having boxes laying around.

    In the end, you can only get as many boxes as your spins allows you to win, so it's really a better option for people who needs to save space.
  • NaxosNaxos
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    Posts: 31
    Member
    At the end of the day, I Won those boxes. I should be able to open them before the event ends. If I'm prevented from doing so, then the event artifically removes something I won, which doesn't sit right with me.

    The items may be free, my time Isn't.
  • CallantheCallanthe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    Posts: 31
    Member
    edited August 17, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I really don't remember it ever being against the rules to have more than one account, even if it was it wasn't enforced at all.

    I remember it was a thing on EU.
    Since you say people were banned for mentioning alts I would assume it was in US too? But tbh I'm guessing here, so feel free to correct me if that was not the case.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    So much entitlement for something that doesn't even matter.

    Just delete them after you get 30.
    GretaAeolys
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,515
    Posts: 916
    Member
    edited August 18, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.

    yeah but I have 10 of those and haven't done the last 100 spins. I also doubt it's to prevent people from getting more than one, because of how common the ticket is in boxes (Seems to be about 1/30)

    I can see your point, but the non-ticket box is still a gamble; you may get a perm coupon, or you may get a gem. Letting people open as many ticket boxes as they can seems a bit overkill, especially if the coupon is as common as you say.
    TNinja wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.

    Having 500 spins is more space efficiency than having boxes laying around.

    In the end, you can only get as many boxes as your spins allows you to win, so it's really a better option for people who needs to save space.
    You do know you can stack the boxes, correct?

    2x2 is a very small space. Most bags take up that much space, as do Personal Shop Licenses (which may not be used as much now thanks to the AH, but they still are used)

    And this is coming from someone whose inventory is so cluttered with trash, that literally every item that isn't 1x1 forces me to play Mabi Tetris.
    Syaohart wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.
    So just though luck to those of us who are not even sure if we can login for 20 days to collect the tickets needed for the puppet. I'm sure they're smart enough to know that if they want to limit the permanent puppet, they just limit the exchange shop.
    Such a concept (only once a day) is not new. Most, if not all events, only give you a few days to miss while still being able to do it to full completion. Sure, the method of completion may be different this time (a ticket a day instead of a quest a day), but the idea is the same.

    Greta
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Posts: 457
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

    And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.

    Having 500 spins is more space efficiency than having boxes laying around.

    In the end, you can only get as many boxes as your spins allows you to win, so it's really a better option for people who needs to save space.

    But how 2 roll for free EXP/gold?
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 156
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    So much entitlement for something that doesn't even matter.

    Just delete them after you get 30.

    wow. You're seriously calling us entitled for wanting to be able to open the prize boxes that WE WON. how childish are you to do that?

    its not entitlement to want to be ale to open all the prize boxes that we won. this is common sense.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 49,985
    Posts: 7,611
    Member
    I now have 11 boxes...
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    edited August 19, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    So much entitlement for something that doesn't even matter.

    Just delete them after you get 30.

    wow. You're seriously calling us entitled for wanting to be able to open the prize boxes that WE WON. how childish are you to do that?

    its not entitlement to want to be ale to open all the prize boxes that we won. this is common sense.

    It is entitlement you're expecting the game to owe you something when in reality it's already giving you so much.
    You can get like 90% of the rewards list just for logging in. And if you get a Perm support Coupon from Rng boxes from playing the event.
    All of the rewards. Hell you could even get most of the titles from just doing the subaru event. Which can be done almost 48 times per day.
    At 4 hours a day thats 8 chances at coupons and at 30 days 240 chances.

    There is no reason for you to demanding to open up to 50 or more coupon boxes by the end of the event other than greed.
    Yet when I say that you all get defensive and just say something around the lines of "Its our right as winners to open the boxes"
    Which is literally entitlement.
    GretaPlatinaKokiHellkaizer
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,585
    Posts: 1,009
    Member
    edited August 19, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    It is entitlement you're expecting the game to owe you something when in reality it's already giving you so much.
    You can get like 90% of the rewards list just for logging in. And if you get a Perm support Coupon from Rng boxes from playing the event.
    All of the rewards. Hell you could even get most of the titles from just doing the subaru event. Which can be done almost 48 times per day.
    At 4 hours a day thats 8 chances at coupons and at 30 days 240 chances.

    There is no reason for you to demanding to open up to 50 or more coupon boxes by the end of the event other than greed.
    Yet when I say that you all get defensive and just say something around the lines of "Its our right as winners to open the boxes"
    Which is literally entitlement.

    BCZBvnF.png