Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dinner (& Dessert) with Mabinogi

Comments

• KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    i microwaved eggs and survived
    JazmynKensamaofmari
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    KelpSoda wrote: »

Microwaving eggs... that's one thing I really have trouble convincing myself to try and do.... xD

I'll update with a recipe I'm going to try/modify/make my own, for dinner tonight! :)
    DANIartsKensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Jazmyn wrote: »

Microwaving eggs... that's one thing I really have trouble convincing myself to try and do.... xD

I'll update with a recipe I'm going to try/modify/make my own, for dinner tonight! :)

They say not to microwave hard boiled eggs, but I haven't had one blow up on me yet. Well, they only need some seconds to heat up.
    Jazmyn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 1, 2018

I have a friend who microwaves up and scrambles the eggs all the time o:
    Jazmyn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Sherri wrote: »

I have a friend who microwaves up and scrambles the eggs all the time o:

if the yolk is broken it's usually fine. Microwave a whole egg with shell and that's a different story.
    JazmynSherri
    Here is the experimental cheesecake
    IMG_20180928_215537.jpg
    IMG_20180929_210719.jpg
    The issue was that the pumpkin puree had too much water content. After baking, the middle could not solidify. Although it formed up after being dumped in the freezer, it became too frozen because of the water.
    After thawing for about 15-30 min, it can be cut, but can feel the ice crystals in.

Taste wise it's ok. I'll probably add a photo of the more solidified slice tomorrow.

I think adding more cheese will help get rid of the excess moisture or less pumpkin..
    JazmynDANIarts
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 2, 2018
    So, last night I made..... "Upside Down Chicken Pot Pie" is what I'll call it, I even took a picture! Lol.
    vr1ATM4.jpg

You need:

1 lb Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed
    2 tablespoons of butter
    2 1/2 cups of Frozen Mixed Veggies
    1 cup of Chicken Broth
    1 8 oz can of Cream of Chicken Soup
    2 large Russet Potatoes
    1 can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

First, I cut up the raw chicken breast into cubs, put them in a pan, sprinkled pepper on them and added water until it was covered in my 10 inch saute pan. This is my go-to method for cooking chicken, but honestly, you could use a rotisserie chicken, bake it, grill it, use a can of chicken. Just be sure the chicken is fully cooked before you add it to the dish.

While the chicken was cooking I washed, peeled, cubed, and soaked my potatoes then put them in a pot and covered them with water. I turned the stove on high and once the cold water boiled, I turned it down to about half way and it was about 15 minutes cook time for the potatoes to be "fork-done".

Preheat the oven according to the cooking instructions on your biscuits. I used Grands Flaky Layers for my husband, and Grands Buttermilk Biscuits for me.

In the mean-time while the potatoes were cooking, I took the chicken out of the saute pan and drained it in a strainer and set it aside until a later step. Using the same saute pan, I melted the butter on medium temperature and then added the frozen vegetables. Mine were carrots, corn, peas, and green beans. It's really a preference at this point, you could use whichever frozen veggies you want. (Except maybe brussels sprouts, there would probably be a little too much water content in those...)

I stirred them around in the melted butter and let those cook while watching them just so they didn't burn. It was probably about 5 - 10 minutes.

I'm kind of going on the idea with this recipe based on you guys all understand what cooked veggies and chicken and potatoes look like. D; I'm not very good with timing especially since I didn't' follow a recipe myself.

I strained the potatoes in the sink once those were cooked and the veggies were cooked I added the chicken, the chicken broth (I used organic great value brand), the can of cream of chicken soup, and the cubed potatoes to the saute pan.

(The starch from the potatoes help to thicken the "gravy" for the dish, so I don't recommend adding any flour.)

While that is in the saute pan I put the biscuits in the oven and by the time the biscuits were done it was all ready to eat!

I split a biscuit in half and scooped the chicken pot pie filling on top of the biscuits.

I thought it was reallly good. Much easier then making a pie crust and baking it. It's also super filling and we have wayyy too many leftovers, so you could probably split this recipe in half, and you could probably freeze the "filling" in small serving sizes if you just wanted to re-heat it in a meal-prep kind of way so you can keep playing Mabi with ease.

I want to try it with beef too; you'd have to probably use cream of mushroom soup for that or if there is a cream of beef soup..... I've never looked. xD
    KensamaofmariDANIartsSherriForeRunia
    So, last night I made..... "Upside Down Chicken Pot Pie" is what I'll call it, I even took a picture for you guys! Lol.
    vr1ATM4.jpg

You need:

1 lb Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed
    2 tablespoons of butter
    2 1/2 cups of Frozen Mixed Veggies
    1 cup of Chicken Broth
    1 8 oz can of Cream of Chicken Soup
    2 large Russet Potatoes
    1 can of Pillsbury Grands Biscuits

First, I cut up the raw chicken breast into cubs, put them in a pan, sprinkled pepper on them and added water until it was covered in my 10 inch saute pan. This is my go-to method for cooking chicken, but honestly, you could use a rotisserie chicken, bake it, grill it, use a can of chicken. Just be sure the chicken is fully cooked before you add it to the dish.

While the chicken was cooking I washed, peeled, cubed, and soaked my potatoes then put them in a pot and covered them with water. I turned the stove on high and once the cold water boiled, I turned it down to about half way and it was about 15 minutes cook time for the potatoes to be "fork-done".

Preheat the oven according to the cooking instructions on your biscuits. I used Grands Flaky Layers for my husband, and Grands Buttermilk Biscuits for me.

In the mean-time while the potatoes were cooking, I took the chicken out of the saute pan and drained it in a strainer and set it aside until a later step. Using the same saute pan, I melted the butter on medium temperature and then added the frozen vegetables. Mine were carrots, corn, peas, and green beans. It's really a preference at this point, you could use whichever frozen veggies you want. (Except maybe brussels sprouts, there would probably be a little too much water content in those...)

I stirred them around in the melted butter and let those cook while watching them just so they didn't burn. It was probably about 5 - 10 minutes.

I'm kind of going on the idea with this recipe based on you guys all understand what cooked veggies and chicken and potatoes look like. D; I'm not very good with timing especially since I didn't' follow a recipe myself.

I strained the potatoes in the sink once those were cooked and the veggies were cooked I added the chicken, the chicken broth (I used organic great value brand), the can of cream of chicken soup, and the cubed potatoes to the saute pan.

(The starch from the potatoes help to thicken the "gravy" for the dish, so I don't recommend adding any flour.)

While that is in the saute pan I put the biscuits in the oven and by the time the biscuits were done it was all ready to eat!

I split a biscuit in half and scooped the chicken pot pie filling on top of the biscuits.

I thought it was reallly good. Much easier then making a pie crust and baking it. It's also super filling and we have wayyy too many leftovers, so you could probably split this recipe in half, and you could probably freeze the "filling" in small serving sizes if you just wanted to re-heat it in a meal-prep kind of way so you can keep playing Mabi with ease.

I want to try it with beef too; you'd have to probably use cream of mushroom soup for that or if there is a cream of beef soup..... I've never looked. xD

Add some herbs and it will be a high class fancy meal! :D

On whether to use starch/flour or not, always check how wet it is. If it's wet, it's starch time.
    DANIartsJazmyn
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Here's an easy one for college people who can eat peanut butter.
    and bananas...

Peanut-banana sandwich.
    cut the banana into round slices(be sure to not make them TOO big)
    spread peanut butter on bread on both slices.
    add the cut banana on one slice and close it.

it's pretty good(though some might find the textures kinda weird).
    JazmynKensamaofmariForeRunia
    Here is the experimental cheesecake
    IMG_20180928_215537.jpg
    IMG_20180929_210719.jpg
    The issue was that the pumpkin puree had too much water content. After baking, the middle could not solidify. Although it formed up after being dumped in the freezer, it became too frozen because of the water.
    After thawing for about 15-30 min, it can be cut, but can feel the ice crystals in.

Taste wise it's ok. I'll probably add a photo of the more solidified slice tomorrow.

I think adding more cheese will help get rid of the excess moisture or less pumpkin..

Ok for this recipe: I CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SUCCESS AT THIS TIME

Ingredients
    An already made normal pie crust (the one's you can find at any grocery store)
    Philadelphia cream cheese: I think we used 1 8 oz block with about another 8-10 oz of the single tube ones for the filling.
    Pumpkin puree: We used about 10 oz from a 15 oz can, which was probably too much as the pumpkin has excessive water content.
    1 egg
    Heavy cream for the icing
    5-6 ounces of cream cheese for icing
    Honey
    Vanilla extract
    Pumpkin Spice
    (cinnamon optional)

1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese about 10 oz (more may be needed to thicken) and pumpkin puree about 10 oz (less if there is too much water content) with 1egg and 2/3rd cup of heavy cream until you get a nice thick batter. I think if it's not too solid and runs easily, some more cheese should help solidify. Add honey, enough for your own taste liking and about a cap or 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the mixture and mix until it forms up. Add spices of your preferences as well.

3. Spread the batter on your ready made pie crust until it fills evenly at the top. Don't try to fill more than capacity.

4. Place your filled pie crust in the oven and bake between 30-45 min. Keep an eye to watch out for burns and it should be done once the center sets. The center is the key since it will determine whether it forms and solidifies or come out goopy like what we got.

5. During this time, in a separate bowl, mix about 5-6 oz of cream cheese with about 1/4 cup of heavy cream with honey to taste and mix until you get a smooth icing.

6. Take your pie and let it cool and rest to room temp. Then spread your icing gently on top.

7. In in the fridge for about 2 hours minimum or up to 24 hrs to set. You can also freeze it although the water may solidify and make it hard. You will have to thaw 10-20 min before able to cut and serve if you freeze.
    JazmynForeRunia
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    DANNYdani wrote: »
    and bananas...

Peanut-banana sandwich.

To add to this:

Toast the bread, add nutella/chocolate spread of your choice to the other slice.

Makes for a great late night snack. :)
    JazmynKensamaofmariDANIartsForeRunia
  • JazmynJazmyn
    edited October 3, 2018
    Dreadhawk wrote: »
    and bananas...

Peanut-banana sandwich.

To add to this:

Toast the bread, add nutella/chocolate spread of your choice to the other slice.

Yum... I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches, DANNYdani; this modification of the nutella and toasting it by Dreadhawk really does sound good too.

That gel recipe; does that basically have a normal "Jello" texture, or is it a little heavier with the fiber and protein?

Root beer fudge, I may have to try that. xD We have the root beer drink mix for water at the stores here, I've just never heard of root beer marshmallows, so I'll have to see if I can find them; otherwise I'm sure it would still be really good with regular ones. I love making candy, and I've never made fudge and everyone I know enjoys it.

I can make really good caramels though. I need to get a nice copper pot for candy making only, but jeeze they're expensive.
    DANIartsKensamaofmari
    edited October 3, 2018
    and bananas...

Peanut-banana sandwich.

To add to this:

Add to this, put the sliced banana into a low/medium heat pan/skillet for a couple minutes as well.
    Add another slice of toast in between, use nutella/chocolate syrup on one side and peanut butter on the other side.

Also disclaimer: DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE ANY NUT ALLERGIES. Use fruit jams and jellies instead. Strawberry goes really well with banana.
    JazmynDANIarts
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    and bananas...

Peanut-banana sandwich.

To add to this:

Yum... I love peanut butter and banana sandwiches, DANNYdani; this modification of the nutella and toasting it by Dreadhawk really does sound good too.

That gel recipe; does that basically have a normal "Jello" texture, or is it a little heavier with the fiber and protein?

Root beer fudge, I may have to try that. xD We have the root beer drink mix for water at the stores here, I've just never heard of root beer marshmallows, so I'll have to see if I can find them; otherwise I'm sure it would still be really good with regular ones. I love making candy, and I've never made fudge and everyone I know enjoys it.

I can make really good caramels though. I need to get a nice copper pot for candy making only, but jeeze they're expensive.

The gel is a bit thicker than your typical jell-o, I think mostly because Knox is just thicker in general, but the fiber probably add some thickness as well. Doesn't make it harder to eat, it's just that it requires a little more actual bite. xD

Regular marshmallows for the root beer fudge should work fine, as I don't think the Smashmallows' flavor is strong enough to really make a difference, but I haven't actually made it with plain marshmallows yet so I can't say for certain.

JazmynKensamaofmari
    Dinner tonight
    IMG_20181004_203435.jpg
    IMG_20181004_203103.jpg
    JazmynDANIarts
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    A bit of rice and egg, and you got yourself fried rice.
    Even fried noodles works.

Fun.
    KensamaofmariJazmyn
    TNinja wrote: »

Fun.

Always use leftover rice for fried rice.
    Freshly cooked rice doesn't do well.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

Fun.

Do it properly >:V
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk

Fun.

Y'all need some rice vinegar.
    Are

Fun.

Y'all need some rice vinegar.

we making sushi or kimbap?