Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

is bug catching bugged?

nevyn25nevyn25
Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
in General Chat
caravan joe says I'm already helping him on another character, but I haven't registered any character yet. I also logged into my main first, which I use to beat up the giant raccoon, so that can't be the issue here. anyone got any clue as to where this 'extra bug' came from?
MRQnjUs.jpg
pawcalypse

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I think this happened with another event. I've tagged Katherz in on my post regarding this one. Have you ever done events on an alternate character on your account?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 21, 2018
    Having this issue too. Most players didn't get the quest, but seems like there are some players who did get it.
    And no, I never do any events on alt characters unless the event is not restricted to one main character only.
    pawcalypse
  • SakajeweahSakajeweah
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    Same thing happening to me and I have never used any alt char to do events. Maybe because I didn't update the launcher after maintanence?
  • LeineiLeinei
    I sometimes alternate between my main Human and my main Elf, so I might have done this on the latter. Still, this is annoying. I know we can put pie pieces in the bank, but if we can withdraw them on other characters on the same account, I don't.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Leinei wrote: »
    I think this happened with another event. I've tagged Katherz in on my post regarding this one. Have you ever done events on an alternate character on your account?

yeah, saw yours after I posted mine approx at the same time. I only ever use my main (in the pic) for events that require you to register a char. I only started to use one of my alts earlier this year to play through the story again, but last time I logged on that alt was 2-3 months ago
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 21, 2018
    Apparently we will have unscheduled maintenance to fix this. Well... Time to chill and watch something. :D

I guess we can say...
    The Bug Catching Event was indeed bugged.
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Greta wrote: »
    Apparently we will have unscheduled maintenance to fix this. Well... Time to chill and watch something I guess. :D

tumblr_oxf2aw6NqU1tm0v69o1_1280.png
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited November 21, 2018
    I hope the maintenance or whatever they will do will fix it. People had to logout a few seconds ago.

EDIT: lol Greta posted before me.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    welp, guess I'll watch some more starnger things in the meantime
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    90c7ae14f0132e42e4a8e6f19a8c3ab5.gif
    Ebrithilnevyn25Alshianpawcalypseoffwithyourheadsstarkiller1286
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sheena wrote: »

why can't we get this to liberate us of bugs?
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    edited November 21, 2018
    Alshian wrote: »
    Sheena wrote: »

why can't we get this to liberate us of bugs?

Now here is the thing... bringing other species to get rid of a pest can end in a disaster.

For example: There was this case where bad weeds were damaging most of the crops and killing other plants and flowers, so people got bunnies to eat the bad weed... THEN the bunnies learned life maths and SURE, bunnies got rid of the bad weed but also got rid of the crops AND they became the new "pest"

So in this case the loli dragon girls will cause a huge impact not only on the insects "chain food balance" or any other name we can give to it, but also crabs and sweets i guess.

k0ueMCG.gif
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    tr4dxng.png
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    I can't even FIND the guy.

What's going on?
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited November 22, 2018
    TNinja wrote: »
    I can't even FIND the guy.

What's going on?

As I said in the other Bug Collection Event thread, they postponed the event because of the issue. He would be in front of the Admin Office by a lamppost in Dunbarton if the event was active.