Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Remove pet inventory limitations

PectylPectyl
Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
edited December 31, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everyone, i know that this topic has been discussed in the past but i want to mention it again here,
Many people purchase pets for transportation, others do so for their designs, but i think we can all agree that a pets inventory space is just as important and a very attractive sales pitch for Nixon, however as we all know, pets costs money, and most people pay real money to acquire one or more pets, therefore making them a service, which then begs the question, why for example can i only put some of my full recovery potions in my pets inventory? why can't my pet hold all of them despite having more than enough space? because they are special or event full recovery potions? does that even matter? i think not,
So for whatever reason Nexon/Devcat decided to limit a pets inventory to our current ridiculous limitations i say this, we paid for your content, we bought it with our own money, and we should therefore be able to (excuse my wording here) shove whatever we wan't into our pets with nearly no limitations, as long as there is space to fill we should be able to put anything in there, i understand that quest items or items needed for something specific may be limited to our own personal inventory space, but our potions, clothing, weapons, and much more, regardless if it's an event or special version of an already existing item should be able to be put into our pets inventory space and i am surprised this has not been rectified yet.

Yes i am angry that we in almost 2019 after all the pets we have seen come and go, have yet to see this issue fixed despite being something we pay our money for,
and the issue has only gotten worse overtime.

Thanks for reading.
KensamaofmariSherri

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    If the items you're attempting to put in a pet's inventory has an event tag on it (Usually (Event)) and/or is labelled cannot be traded, these cannot be put on pets. It's not an issue, it's to keep players from spamming them to basically get more than what's fair. In the case of those Full Recovery Potions you mentioned, you can actually put those in your bank and use that as a means to transfer them between characters.

Clothing and Weapons shouldn't be restricted unless they've been upgraded to the point where they say, for example, "Pectyl-Only Item". This means it is bound to that character and cannot be moved off it that player.
    WolfsingerTheNyanCat
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 1, 2019
    @Leinei some items with (Event) can actually still be stored on pets.

A noteable example is Nao's Soul Stone (Event), like from the current Attendance event.
    You're already limited on the amount of items you can get through other means, (like events where you choose a main character) so I wouldn't say this helps keep players from spamming events items.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited January 1, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

A noteable example is Nao's Soul Stone (Event), like from the current Attendance event.
    You're already limited on the amount of items you can get through other means, (like events where you choose a main character) so I wouldn't say this helps keep players from spamming events items.

Well, yeah, I know that the character selecting aspect limits it, but there are those that make a number of accounts to farm said rewards. That character selection does nothing for that. The items that have the Event tag like Upgrade Stones usually cannot be traded between other accounts and absolutely cannot if they're tagged untradeable. I say usually in regard to the Event tag here and previously because I know that normally you can't trade them or pet them if they have the Event tag (again, normally). They say 'this item cannot be stored in the inventory of a summoned creature'.

What I was largely referring to for restrictions was for stuff (mind, this is when we DON'T get pet medals thrown at us in the same event) like free Pets. =T
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Leinei wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Well, yeah, I know that the character selecting aspect limits it, but there are those that make a number of accounts to farm said rewards. That character selection does nothing for that. The items that have the Event tag like Upgrade Stones usually cannot be traded between other accounts and absolutely cannot if they're tagged untradeable. I say usually in regard to the Event tag here and previously because I know that normally you can't trade them or pet them if they have the Event tag (again, normally). They say 'this item cannot be stored in the inventory of a summoned creature'.

What I was largely referring to for restrictions was for stuff (mind, this is when we DON'T get pet medals thrown at us in the same event) like free Pets. =T

I mean, if they're already limited to being untradeable between accounts, why not still make them tradeable between the same account, via pets?
    Especially if they're bank-tradeable, like these Full Recovery Potion (Event)s.
  • LeineiLeinei
    It's probably tied to the coding that makes them unable to be traded. So if they can do that, power to them.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Leinei wrote: »
    It's probably tied to the coding that makes them unable to be traded. So if they can do that, power to them.

They sure can.
    There's other non-tradeable (between accounts) items that can still be put on pets.
    So it can be done.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    At the minimum, remove limits on music scores.
    THICCthighssavelivesWolfsingerLeineiTheNyanCat
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Not to mansion some things can't even be placed in the bank! I mean, what's up with that? On the other hand, I have a cat that is currently carrying TWO piano's . . . . . somehow!