Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Remove the Festia Instant prize event(s)

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited January 24, 2019 in General Chat
They are doing no one any favors, the moment any server opens they are cleaned out by gold sellers using hundreds of alts and bots. This has happened with the Chainblade prize, and the following aniversary event after that.

What needs to happen is that it needs to be replaced with something that can distribute prizes equally. We need a raffel ticket system, where each hour you can buy a ticket with a random generated number in the item description, and is exchanged for a box, or a primary prize each hour via mail.

Let it be something that picks players out of a pool like Tara's bank part time job.

The way the festia prize events are set up now, it's just funding real world trade, and more cheating.
GretaImaizumiZeoBlissfulkillKensamaofmariSakura2503LeineiSheenaRadiant DawnHarukariand 5 others.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 24, 2019
    Just cancel this hot pile of garbage which "somehow" got broken and made this whole event even worse.
    ZeoKensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited January 24, 2019
    I agree that we shouldn't do anymore of the Festia Instant event and to make it worse.. the 100m golds are handed out to players most likely abusing the multi-client and alts

That event basically just encourage people to break the ToS by using multi-client and abusing the alts to get the prizes while it feels like Nexon isn't doing anything to actively ban the multi-client users because I still see lot of those players around in Alexina.

So in that sense, you can say that the event are basically rewarding players for breaking ToS.
    GretaKensamaofmariRadiant DawnVaughanAlgatesoffwithyourheads
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Just delete the event.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 25, 2019
    This might just be your server? If it's cleaned out the moment your server goes back up. I mean...I'd like to keep the event on Mari if you don't mind....

WcwyXwg.png

last week there were 4 of the 100m checks that went completely unclaimed (unless they got claimed at the last few hours after I went to sleep). Just because other servers are full of cheating losers doesn't mean the event should be taken down :/ That's my opinion though. I mean maybe they just give too few prizes for your server's population and they need to re-balance it for your server in particular, I don't know

screenshot shows the prizes so far this week
    AlexLight
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Arjune wrote: »
    This might just be your server? If it's cleaned out the moment your server goes back up. I mean...I'd like to keep the event on Mari if you don't mind....

WcwyXwg.png

last week there were 4 of the 100m checks that went completely unclaimed (unless they got claimed at the last few hours after I went to sleep). Just because other servers are full of cheating losers doesn't mean the event should be taken down :/ That's my opinion though.

screenshot shows the prizes so far this week

Yet if one or two servers suffers due to the event being implemented, would it not be wise and fair to remove it from the game from all the servers?
    GretaZeoVaughan
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited January 25, 2019
    Yet if one or two servers suffers due to the event being implemented, would it not be wise and fair to remove it from the game from all the servers?

Some servers have way more players than other others and they didn't even balance the rewards for that. They've had to make community GM meet-up events for Alexina last twice as long or use 2 channels because of population. Why didn't they think to add more rewards for that server too? I mean it could be a mixture of both cheaters and just population size. I know people use alts on Mari too but we still don't run out of prizes until the week is over half done... and 4 of the biggest prizes went unclaimed last week. Alexina just has a huge population or a lot more cheaters. idk which is which but yes it is a tad unfair if they would close the event due to 1 or 2 servers. It's logical, but kinda unfair
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Arjune wrote: »
    Why didn't they think to add more rewards for that server too?
    Because the event designers in Korea are ridiculously out of touch with this region. If they had bothered to listen at all, I doubt they would have made a second one of these events after the chainslash one. Just make these an RNG box that doesn't have a hard limit on the rare stuff: each server is gonna pull about the same number of those items anyway with how skewed and unfair they tend to be.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This is why I said that Alexina needs more winning slots when Festia Event happened and i was hoping that Nexon learned, but nope.

17 winners each week for ~300 players versus 17 winners between ~600 players.

Who has more time and chances to get rewards? It's just obvious how bs unfair this event is.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    The biggest issue is that the lucky prizes are TOO good if you get them. Crazy amounts of in game value. You can't really stop the salt of people unless you either make the prizes more negligible or make it so that everyone can get it reasonably like an attendance event or something.

I was thinking they could remove the limit since I thought that was one of the big salt drivers since "you can't get it because someone else already did". And it's true the salt levels would go down a bit but alt spamming in order to get a better chance at the very rare jackpots would still be an issue and it'd just cause inflation with 100m checks instead.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited January 25, 2019
    I don't care much for this raffle event. I think what I would want is:

1. to remove the machine or make it so that it only gives out the last three prizes
    2. make a hot time event where everyone gets a Wolf Tail
    3. Keep Joe's shop so we have something to spend our leftover coins on

Optional (If removing the machine):
    4. Add the Festia boxes (last place prize) to Joe's shop buyable for 15 coins
    5. Add the Tia bag coupons to Joe's shop buyable for 35 coins
    6. Add the expirable Full Recovery Pots to Joe's shop buyable for 1 coin
    (in case we have an uneven number of coins and want to use them all up)
    Greta
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited January 25, 2019
    S
    Greta wrote: »
    This is why I said that Alexina needs more winning slots when Festia Event happened and i was hoping that Nexon learned, but nope.

17 winners each week for ~300 players versus 17 winners between ~600 players.

Who has more time and chances to get rewards? It's just obvious how bs unfair this event is.

It was discussed when we had the previous Festia Instsnt Prize event as well. I honestly have no idea how they didn’t even change the event to fit in better with NA Mabinogi.

Also... the good checks being given out SHOULDN’T be part of the event at all, especially if players breaking the TOS to abuse multi-client and alts are likely to get them. In fact... any gold prize shouldn’t be given out at all in those events.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    They can remove the event...once it ends, so the event runs the full duration. This problem isn't as bad on Mari server, so Mari shouldn't be punished. Also the 'extra' tails people saw were a simple visual glitch, nothing more.
    edited January 25, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    They can remove the event...once it ends, so the event runs the full duration. This problem isn't as bad on Mari server, so Mari shouldn't be punished. Also the 'extra' tails people saw were a simple visual glitch, nothing more.
    Punishment is a penalty of the default state of a game. This is merely a subtraction of an addition, which is not equal to actually penalizing a server, as I can't say there is entitlement to have this event or a necessity to do so.

However, for the end of preventing further damage, caused by inflation, it would be necessary to remove it from Alexina, and fairer to remove it overall.

Nexon ought to just fix exploitative features on the basis of the loophole argument, and not if it actually does get exploited.
    GretaImaizumiWolfandWolf
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Punishment is a penalty of the default state of a game. This is merely a subtraction of an addition, which is not equal to actually penalizing a server, as I can't say there is entitlement to have this event or a necessity to do so.

However, for the end of preventing further damage, caused by inflation, it would be necessary to remove it from Alexina, and fairer to remove it overall.

Nexon ought to just fix exploitative features on the basis of the loophole argument, and not if it actually does get exploited.

I want Nexon to stop giving out events like these that gives us a slim chance of 100 Million gold because WE ALL know bots will get a taste out of it.
    Nexon wants bots to stop and get players to stop buying gold but this action does NOTHING to fix it at all, they are merely throwing oil to the fire watching it all burn.

Id like to never see this type of event that gave out insane amount of gold like this again, but i know this WILL happen again because you know....Nexon.
    VaughanGretaBlissfulkillRadiant DawnImaizumioffwithyourheads
    Alshian wrote: »

I want Nexon to stop giving out events like these that gives us a slim chance of 100 Million gold because WE ALL know bots will get a taste out of it.
    Nexon wants bots to stop and get players to stop buying gold but this action does NOTHING to fix it at all, they are merely throwing oil to the fire watching it all burn.

Id like to never see this type of event that gave out insane amount of gold like this again, but i know this WILL happen again because you know....Nexon.

This. Tails just irk me due to the discomforting feeling that I am buying them from a person with a stranglehold on them (On Alexina, we have quite a number of individuals who charges exorbitant fees for even the most mundane and commonplace items, some of which are only possible due controlling the entire supply.) Gold is a serious issue no matter how I look at it.
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Why not just give the wing hearts and make a special dungeon with the machine at the end. Something not overly hard but something that an egg can't blast through on their own?

It would also deter people from blowing it all the second they get it and the shop might see some use
  • AlexisEUAlexisEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,520
    Event just doesn't work with current account terms, and would work with higher gold spin cost, no daily limit on spins, no gold rewards, and if wingheart coins were only from difficult content. however would leave out newer players.