Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Doki Dye event

Comments

• LepeltjeLepeltje
    Mabinogi Rep: 895
    Just a heads up, merged another thread and its comments asking the same question into this thread.
    Crimsọn
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Eralea wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    The RGB model is additive, meaning that when you add colours together, they become lighter. (This is the opposite from subtractive colours, like inks and paints. It actually makes zero sense for a natural dye mixture to be additive, but that's Mabi for you, I guess.)

What's funnier is that homestead paint mixing kettle seems to be additive.

(Cut for length)

My best guess is that they've hacked together a mixing formula using either HSB or HSL, averaging out the brightness of the input paints (so that they don't get much lighter or darker if you only add colours), forcing you to use black/white paint. Maybe someone who's dug deeper into this knows the details.

I like unnatural edgy colours so it's been just reds and neon purples for me. 8) Having a stockpile of metals for future weapons/gear is great too.

Whoops. I think I got mixed up and meant to say subtractive. Because the more paints you seem to throw in the pot (HS paint mixing kettle), the closer you get to pure black, it seems. Which is honestly how paint/dye SHOULD be.

So it's kind of odd how dying clothes deals with one (additive) while mixing paints deals with the other (subtractive)
    Is that how it worked in your experiments with the mixing? :o
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I've started using my blood red dyes again..And I will be so heartbroken whenever this event is gone.
    I will be going back to light blue.
    Cause I am not spending 600-700k(Price on Ruairi, ridiculous..) for reg dye amps for a 2/5 chance.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 24, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »
    I've started using my blood red dyes again..And I will be so heartbroken whenever this event is gone.
    I will be going back to light blue.
    Cause I am not spending 600-700k(Price on Ruairi, ridiculous..) for reg dye amps for a 2/5 chance.

Stock up. I can't elaborate on here. You still have time to make tons for future personal use which will save you tons of gold and $.
    Harukari