Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Naowegian economy

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Nao Chat
I wanna track how the Naowegian economy is doing from the merge. If you can visit this thread often and post how you feel the prices are compared to your old server. Let us know what your old server was too. Then we can see how the economy evolves. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    The prices of things are erratic right now. The market is in chaos for the time being.
    SpareohDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Is it just personal shops, kiosks, mailbox, and person to person sales right now? No housing market?
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Ya. It's only day 2, everyone has 0 clue on what to price things right now, especially with the AH being disabled, unless it was fixed while I was sleeping, but doubt that.
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    So JUST AH is down? What about housing market? Although things maybe chaotic, at the moment how do you feel the prices overall are, the same, higher, or lower? Just the general feel.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Helsa wrote: »
    So JUST AH is down? What about housing market? Although things maybe chaotic, at the moment how do you feel the prices overall are, the same, higher, or lower? Just the general feel.

I haven't really had the chance to check prices, but someone did say someone was trying to sell a rebirth pot for 15m. So I'd say it's pretty bad right now lol.
    No idea if housing channel is busted too. Wouldn't surprise me though.
    Spareoh
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    edited June 5, 2019
    I'm not on Nao, but... I'd be wary of scalpers with RB pots and such atm. They are probably just trying to take advantage of people's desperation as the x10 ap event gets near. :(

edit: Yeah they are 20m+ on Alexina right now. It's just event prices. Dx
    Spareoh
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited June 5, 2019
    The combined gold of Tarlach, Mari, & Ruari has made stuff super inflated. Low end is around 25m as of now. Highest avg is around 80m atm. Back on Mari it was between 10m for low end and 50m for high end.
    Spareoh
  • HelsaHelsa
    Rhey wrote: »
    The combined gold of Tarlach, Mari, & Ruari has made stuff super inflated. Low end is around 20m as of now. Highest avg is around 80m atm.

What ere you used to seeing before? What was your old server?
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Rhey wrote: »
    The combined gold of Tarlach, Mari, & Ruari has made stuff super inflated. Low end is around 20m as of now. Highest avg is around 80m atm.

What ere you used to seeing before? What was your old server?

edited post abit. Updated the info abit based on what I'm noticing now and back on mari.
    Spareoh
  • purpleypurpley
    Mabinogi Rep: 905
    From what I've seen so far in shops and AH before it was taken down prices are way higher than they were on Mari.
    Tunii
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited June 5, 2019
    Naogian*?
    From Mari. From what I've seen, craft-able consumables such as potions and holy water are down, while other stuff such as gacha is up. I suspect the other stuff will go down over the next few days, for now people are pricing things high to avoid under-selling their goods.
    Interestingly, dyes seem to be scattered. Some are higher priced than normal while others are lower. I'm not certain, but I think most expensive dyes are up while cheaper dyes are down.
    It's only been 2 days, so it's hard to draw a conclusion from my charts. Especially since the AH was taken down after a few hours of Nao being released from prison and allowed to be a server again. I'm sure that people, myself included, are holding off buying/selling things until the AH is back up, so that will throw things off again when that happens.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Is the housing market available on Nao?
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Another thing ruined by the merge.

Nice going, Nexon.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Another thing ruined by the merge.

Nice going, Nexon.

Apparently the housing market is working but everyone's house bids have to clear first.

• ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    As an addicted, and poor, window shopper of Mari: The price rollercoaster is incredibly entertaining to watch but horrifying to think about trying to ride for any later purchases. Hopefully everything will even back out to fair and accurate prices, but even with the proportioned gold/person ratio of now 3 servers I doubt things will settle well.
    Tunii
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    @Helsa You might as well make a character on Nao to observe the economy because you have as much clue about it as the people currently on the server. Since it's 3 different economy dynamics being forced together, people are making assumptions on pricing and speculating on the average wealth of the meta player (which has changed wildly).
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited June 6, 2019
    Shogai wrote: »
    As an addicted, and poor, window shopper of Mari: The price rollercoaster is incredibly entertaining to watch but horrifying to think about trying to ride for any later purchases. Hopefully everything will even back out to fair and accurate prices, but even with the proportioned gold/person ratio of now 3 servers I doubt things will settle well.

An increase in population increases the money supply. Increase in money supply leads to inflation. That prices are going up is not surprising. The AH and HM being "off-line" is limiting the ability to conduct business. As a result this reduces what is called the velocity of money and, as a result of that, this lowers the marginal propensity to consume which cools off the economy. Cooling off the economy puts a check on inflation. So once AH and HM go online, you may be interested to see what happens to prices then.
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    @Helsa You might as well make a character on Nao to observe the economy because you have as much clue about it as the people currently on the server. Since it's 3 different economy dynamics being forced together, people are making assumptions on pricing and speculating on the average wealth of the meta player (which has changed wildly).

Good idea. Don't worry though; I have. Pre-merge I had a Tarlach, a Ruairi, and a Mari character. But I only went to visit non-Alexina friends and to joust for fun. So, I'm not familiar with the histories of those former servers economies. I'm asking folks, based on their "feelings" or what they know, if they are familiar with the old economies in more detail, and which server they are coming from. In real life one of the biggest factors in whether an economy is healthy or not is a result of whether enough people feel it is healthy or not.
  • TsunariTsunari
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Is it just personal shops, kiosks, mailbox, and person to person sales right now? No housing market?

You can bid on houses right now. Every house seems to be auctioned to end on June 11 at midnight PST.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I think it's in a coma rn O_O
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Gaea wrote: »
    The prices of things are erratic right now. The market is in chaos for the time being.

Welcome to the post apocalyptic merge Tarlachian mindset.
    As soon as everyone else floods the AH with high valued items, prices will deflate.