Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Golden Mushrooms

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Squee wrote: »
    How do you use partner to get more? Is it just them being there?

Also, not matter when you try, there will ALWAYS be someone there cleaning out the gold mushrooms. So you'll be lucky to get more than 8 patches before someone else has cleaned out the other channels of gold mushrooms.

You gather with them summoned. They don't need to hold any tools, even for gathering that requires tools. You have to build up their likeability first; that'll take something like two weeks to do. And then you have to maintain it. The easiest partner to build likeability for is the maid with clumsy personality, but it's not that hard to build any of them up. If you're only going to get ONE partner I'd recommend the commerce partner (the female one), because they are commerce partners and also because the female one has slightly better daily quests. The male commerce partner though can give you a permanent movement boost which, I believe, allows you to fight at the same time, so your choice.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

Also, not matter when you try, there will ALWAYS be someone there cleaning out the gold mushrooms. So you'll be lucky to get more than 8 patches before someone else has cleaned out the other channels of gold mushrooms.

You gather with them summoned. They don't need to hold any tools, even for gathering that requires tools. You have to build up their likeability first; that'll take something like two weeks to do. And then you have to maintain it. The easiest partner to build likeability for is the maid with clumsy personality, but it's not that hard to build any of them up. If you're only going to get ONE partner I'd recommend the commerce partner (the female one), because they are commerce partners and also because the female one has slightly better daily quests. The male commerce partner though can give you a permanent movement boost which, I believe, allows you to fight at the same time, so your choice.

I feel like there should be a guide for butlers, maids, and partners.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565

That explains why it didn't work when I tried it. I don't pay much attention to their likeability. I don't really use them except for more inventory space.
  • HelsaHelsa

That explains why it didn't work when I tried it. I don't pay much attention to their likeability. I don't really use them except for more inventory space.

You can give to them 5 times per day. It can all be the same category. So I just gave mine five single eggs per day. OH, and it goes without saying that you have to keep them fed; they eat raw eggs.
  • HelsaHelsa

I feel like there should be a guide for butlers, maids, and partners.

I have read your sentence.
  • BellKirbyBellKirby
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I agree there needs to be a change. I just sat here waiting for the gold ones to show up, and even being the 2nd person there, I couldn't get any. But at the same time, I feel they should continue being a rarity in some form. Make them show up in more places, in little mushroom patches or something. Spawning only two gold mushroom set between 4 hours, when people are just going to yoink them in 2 seconds is the dumbest thing.
  • SqueeSquee
    BellKirby wrote: »
    I agree there needs to be a change. I just sat here waiting for the gold ones to show up, and even being the 2nd person there, I couldn't get any. But at the same time, I feel they should continue being a rarity in some form. Make them show up in more places, in little mushroom patches or something. Spawning only two gold mushroom set between 4 hours, when people are just going to yoink them in 2 seconds is the dumbest thing.

Agreed. That's why this needs to be fixed. If you're needing them for mushroom training and someone is running through channels taking them all, it's a pain.
    BellKirby wrote: »

Agreed. That's why this needs to be fixed. If you're needing them for mushroom training and someone is running through channels taking them all, it's a pain.

There are plenty of maps with woodland, have them provide mushrooms as well.
  • SqueeSquee

That goes back to what I said in my initial post as a possible option for fixing this problem by adding more spots.

That goes back to what I said in my initial post as a possible option for fixing this problem by adding more spots.

Yup.
  • HelsaHelsa

Yup.

Apparently there are general areas for this.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    I can deal with the rarity of golden mushrooms, but I cannot deal with the fact that if i plant a patch in my homestead It still applies the same rules and I only get ONE? Not FIVE? or TEN?
  • HelsaHelsa
    What we've learned then is if you are going to have Golden Mushrooms on your homestead it only really servers a purpose as a trophy and not much more.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    What we've learned then is if you are going to have Golden Mushrooms on your homestead it only really servers a purpose as a trophy and not much more.

Worst trophy ever.
    6 and a half days out of the week it's just a barren tree stump.

But basically, yeah. Otherwise it'd take 30 weeks (base) to get back the mushrooms you spent making the Golden Mushroom homestead node.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Worst trophy ever.
    6 and a half days out of the week it's just a barren tree stump.

But basically, yeah. Otherwise it'd take 30 weeks (base) to get back the mushrooms you spent making the Golden Mushroom homestead node.

Yeah, no one wants a trophy with fungus growing on it.