Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pets : They really need to be scaled up~how much ?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Maia wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

(...) I chose to primary a Patrasche which has a 212 min default spawn time. (...)

Wow, that's a ton of summon time.
    I completely forgot about the crossover pets.

I've been lazy about leveling my pets.
    My highest level since the pet rebirth revamp is only just over 1k, pfft.
    It doesn't seem so long ago that that update came out, so getting a pet to 10k total is extra impressive!

(Now if only the Pet Perks were as impressive as the pets tankiness...)
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 7, 2019
    Hmm. Divine-Link, is it ? Well, I haven't really been using much Divine-Link, but I've seen others use it a lot. I guess I will have to start making more of a habit of Divine-Linking now. I did use it through my Barri Advanced run (had to solo it since the Dungeon-Pass was going to expire in 15m), and my pet did seem to become tankier, and a lot of stuff was suddenly getting «unlocked» as I rushed through the Dungeon, and my A.I. was finally working more closely to how I had it intended, but, when I see other people using their pets, the only «A.I.» that I see them use with it is to just have them literally run around in continuous infinite-circles.

You said «damage-sponge» but I am wondering if you mean «agro-sponge» or perhaps some combination thereof ? I guess it's easier to level up pets these days, but, back in the day, getting them to L60 took quite a bit of work, enough to make pets above L60 amongst the strongest of pets on the entire servers. I think probably most of the player-base still don't have Rank 1 Divine-Link (I only ranked it up to B during my dungeon-run). I guess I will have to make a habit of using it up until I get it to R1 then maybe I will have other ideas/feedback about the pets-system. Thanks for the insights by the way. I guess I'll change my Vote to Waging War on myself for now.

Edit/Addendum : There's actually still a slight issue of the Divine-Link skill not only being required to make pets more relevant, but, also, it's really primarily our «Mount-Able» pets that benefit us the most of all. When running Dungeons, Shadow-Missions, doing that quest that people refer to as «Sidhe» runs, etc., there's a lot of travel-distance to cover, and, given the one-minute re-summon-time-limit, it seems preferable to keep summoned out whatever mount-type pet we have on the battle-field, rather than switching from a mount-pet to battle-oriented pet (not that there's any such thing as a battle-oriented pet these days... that I am aware of anyway). That does now beg a good question though... would you bother to make use of the type of A.I. that I made with how your pets are now or do you consider it better to just have them run around in circles as an agro-sponge and not as a battle-partner ?

(Re-Edit : I changed my mind... I won't wage War on Myself unless my Personally Coded Pet-Sequences turn out to actually be useful)
    Maia wrote: »
    I don't know about you but I use a 10k total pet with maxed out divine link subskills and the thing is pretty tanky; 5000% recovery speed helps. Ignoring the fact I can already keep it out for 3-4 hours right now, the update that KR got increases their summon time and inventory capacity. Not to mention you'll be able to fuse them with any new meta pets that come out. The new pets also damage without knocking back and I'm pretty sure even just now my pet has like 700 max so that's free dps. Also I'm pretty sure you can summon AOE pets without desummong your divine link pet.

Pets and divine link are a huge game changer. Period. The annoyance comes in with enemies/content that disable your ability to use them, which only goes to show how useful they are already.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    @Habimaru The "run around in circles" AI is usually what people like to use in Sidhe.
    Its usually used because a linked pet will attract the final boss' aggro, and if it were up close smacking the boss, it'd open up every melee combatant to being blasted with the boss' explosive shot.
    Having the pet orbit the boss makes it so that an explosive shot aimed at the pet will usually miss not only the pet but every other party member.
    If they're using it in other cases... maybe they just forgot to switch the AI to something else since the last time they used it.

Also Divine Link is really handy for boosting a pet's effectiveness.
    I say it's fine that Link is required to make pets more relevant, because that's basically Divine Link's whole purpose.
    It's a real handy thing. Divine Link boosts a pets stats by a % of their base stats, and boosts their Physical Def/Prot by a % of their current level. (so a level 1 pet will still be squishy, but a level 200 pet will have a lot of def/prot)
    Also the owner's stats are boosted by the same amount that the pet's are while Linked. (i.e. If a pet gains +50 Strength, then the owner will also gain +50 Strength)
    So it benefits the owner as well as the pet. (though the owner won't share the pet's boosted Def/Prot)
    ALSO, a linked pet will receive 100% of the owner's combat EXP, rather than just a tiny portion, so linking up with a pet makes it level up much faster. (And there's also a Subskill for Divine Link that increases the owner's earned Combat EXP while linked)

It still leaves pets lacking in the Mdef/Mprot department, though.
    Blue Shield's measly Mdef/Mprot buff won't save a pet from a barrage of chaincasted Thunder.

I read Perks are getting a small buff when the Pihne Pet system comes out, but it didn't look like enough to make Pet Perks relevant or even less of a hassle to use.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    @Habimaru
    I literally mean damage sponge, not just aggro. The thing has stupid high HP/Def/Prot. Sure, it's magic def/prot aren't great but leveling it up does raise a few of its stats which buff that a little. Bottom line: D link makes a huge difference. You wanted stat boosts and divine link delivers. I've had my pet duel low-mid tier players and their divine linked pets on auto attack and they can't even damage it and end up losing while I eat popcorn lol

Definitely look into divine link sub-skills too. They're game changers. Maxed out, your pet gains 70 more max, 58% passive defense (all types I believe), 5000% hp regen (all the time it's linked), 45% combat exp boost for you/it, and 3 self revives (per link).

With regards to pet AI's, I typically just use a blank AI so that it doesn't react to any incoming attacks or skills. If I need it to stay away from me during a situation (due to splash) I just use sit/call commands. I'll probably fiddle with one moreso after the update (since having the pet actually attack will be useful due to no knockback).

I'll take a few screenshots but I'm only on my human atm which has slightly lower DL subskills (only really relevant for some max/min damage and like 9 def/prot or something)

NO link
    INfuvJ0.png

Divine link
    AiHIim7.png

Also shine of eweca is massively beneficial at 10k/r1

upXCpnN.png

IyasenuChaosShadow