Check out the patch notes for the October 15th update: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23838/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Snowflower Tree Festival

Comments

  • seccomseccom
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    Posts: 7
    Member
    so is the non-music part of the event essentially impossible to do? i havent even tried because i know how it is with drop rates from monsters. you guys HAVE to make it higher, it's the holidays, most people want to only be ON for an hour or two because of all other holiday obligations. if grinding for pages takes so much longer it'll be impossible.
    Caterex
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    Posts: 6,831
    Member
    edited December 17, 2019
    seccom wrote: »
    so is the non-music part of the event essentially impossible to do? i havent even tried because i know how it is with drop rates from monsters. you guys HAVE to make it higher, it's the holidays, most people want to only be ON for an hour or two because of all other holiday obligations. if grinding for pages takes so much longer it'll be impossible.

    You can get needed amount of Mysterious Pages for quest in 10-15 minutes at Tara's Kitchen Dungeon...
    Yoriden
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 17,535
    Posts: 2,620
    Member
    edited December 17, 2019
    Caterex wrote: »
    Caterex wrote: »
    The higher ranked monsters have a higher drop rate.
    Can someone give examples of a higher ranked monster

    I always thought it meant the higher compared to you, eg strong-Boss when viewed w alt; using that theory though I am getting very few pages and am having same issue on both pages and melodies where eent announcement says 10 but they are requireing 50 or 250, and the wishes turned in right next to tree do not show up on the wishing tree count. T.T

    Im barely receiving pages. I go to food dungeon and i receive nada. I guess Im just gonna stop doing that quest

    Nowhere to Run gave me them but there is that stupid Lv. 60+ thing to worry about..
    Crims wrote: »
    Just going to buy the cancan gesture because I don't want to reset my skills or rebirth to lower my cp. Before you say anything yeah I was using bombs and wearing cp gear in nowhere to run. It's not enough and is too grindy.

    Please rerelease raccoon cub accessories. I don't have the time or patience for this. Thanks.

    Oh.. oh no.. when will we get events that don't screw us over by how much CP we have?
    Caterex
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,065
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited December 19, 2019
    How come I can't pick up pages at Baltane? Even if I have the quest, I can only pick up one page and after that it always tells me the item doesn't belong to me. No idea how I'm supposed to gather 10.

    The droprate is also way too low, I'm busy with other things and might as well buy all the rewards later. In 30mins two pages dropped, that means it's 2-3+ hours of grinding.
  • FairyvoiceFairyvoice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,600
    Posts: 113
    Member
    How come I can't pick up pages at Baltane? Even if I have the quest, I can only pick up one page and after that it always tells me the item doesn't belong to me. No idea how I'm supposed to gather 10.

    The droprate is also way too low, I'm busy with other things and might as well buy all the rewards later. In 30mins two pages dropped, that means it's 2-3+ hours of grinding.

    If an NPC is the one who finishes off the mob, any untradeable dropped items will belong to the NPC. The same thing happens in the kitchen dungeon if Glewyas kills the ingredients.
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,580
    Posts: 67
    Member
    How come I can't pick up pages at Baltane? Even if I have the quest, I can only pick up one page and after that it always tells me the item doesn't belong to me. No idea how I'm supposed to gather 10.

    The droprate is also way too low, I'm busy with other things and might as well buy all the rewards later. In 30mins two pages dropped, that means it's 2-3+ hours of grinding.

    I've been having excellent luck getting pages in a short amount of time just doing kitchen dungeons. Final Hit the room and there's usually three sitting on the floor with plenty of time to wait for it to cooldown or for a bachram boost to do it again. And even without that, I've managed to get eight from just one dungeon (might've burnt my sponge cake that time but y'know- priorities).
  • tchnkotchnko
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    Posts: 12
    Member
    try to random mobs in filia = 0 pages
    try in hard shadow misions = 0 pages
    give it a try in the cooking dungeon (rank F skill)= in 10min drop 2 pages and can´t pick one of them

    i give up with this thing. its a sheme, i want that whistle
  • SorrowwolfeSorrowwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    Posts: 13
    Member
    tchnko wrote: »
    try to random mobs in filia = 0 pages
    try in hard shadow misions = 0 pages
    give it a try in the cooking dungeon (rank F skill)= in 10min drop 2 pages and can´t pick one of them

    i give up with this thing. its a sheme, i want that whistle

    Do you have Dance of Death? Because that will shred through everything in the Kitchen Dungeon. And you'll be able to use it several times during the run.
    I just spammed that skill with Encore to get all my pages in one run.
    Habimaru
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,875
    Posts: 2,838
    Member
    So now that I've done both the Nelche and Garon quests 8 times each, does that mean there's no daily quest to give the 2nd snowflake you need for the Wish quest?

    Because if so, the only option at that point is to trade in either 50 Pages or 50 Melodies for the one you need.
    And even after completing the Nelche/Garon quests, you still need 4 more Wish quest competions, so that's a bunch of pages or melodies needed overall.

    Phew...
    I'mma just do Melodies, at least auto-playing gets that done easily Just takes 50 minutes of that and nothing else.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,045
    Posts: 6,831
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    So now that I've done both the Nelche and Garon quests 8 times each, does that mean there's no daily quest to give the 2nd snowflake you need for the Wish quest?

    Because if so, the only option at that point is to trade in either 50 Pages or 50 Melodies for the one you need.
    And even after completing the Nelche/Garon quests, you still need 4 more Wish quest competions, so that's a bunch of pages or melodies needed overall.

    Phew...
    I'mma just do Melodies, at least auto-playing gets that done easily Just takes 50 minutes of that and nothing else.

    Yup. Did same thing. Kinda poorly made event i say.
    TwistedxFateSherriCaterex
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,660
    Posts: 626
    Member
    Saga Episode 5. That first mission. Spam-repeat it and always exit when the Red Shadow-Warrior spawns. Re-start over from the beginning until all 10 pages have been collected. For me it does take less than 10m (one time it even only took like 3-5m) if I rapidly spam fire-ball (which I have at r1 along with a fast-cast-speed wand). Maybe I'll video-record it later then upload the example to BitChute or something.

    If you're very new and starting out in Mabinogi, lacking the DPS to AoE-OHKO everything, don't worry too much, for Events are a near-constant in Mabinogi. 97% of the time there will be an Event running so you can still look forward to get future rewards (often-times even just for going AFK or merely logging on). Meanwhile, it's possible to use the gold that you've gained from this mission to buy strong(er) equipment that will let you knock out the spawns before the NPCs do it for you.

    Hope you find an option that works for you.
    tchnko wrote: »
    try to random mobs in filia = 0 pages
    try in hard shadow misions = 0 pages
    give it a try in the cooking dungeon (rank F skill)= in 10min drop 2 pages and can´t pick one of them

    i give up with this thing. its a sheme, i want that whistle
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Posts: 81
    Member
    Just out of curiosity .....Was everyone able to finish the Wishes Come True quest? I couldn't complete the last 4 requirements after helping Nelche and Garon.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,875
    Posts: 2,838
    Member
    orcabluewa wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity .....Was everyone able to finish the Wishes Come True quest? I couldn't complete the last 4 requirements after helping Nelche and Garon.

    Yeah, I was.

    While the 16 Nelche/Garon quests helped you get the 2nd Wishing Snow Crystal needed for the daily quest, it wasn't the only way.
    There was always the option to either trade in 50 extra pages to Nelche or trade in 50 extra melodies to Garon for an extra Snow Crystal.

    Once you finish the Nelche/Garon quests and can no longer take them, that option becomes the ONLY way to get the 2nd Snow Crystal you need for the daily two wishes.