Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Excessive Click

AmarazAmaraz
Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
edited August 27, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
We all feel the annoying time wasting sensation of excessive confirmation clicks in Mabinogi. It's everywhere. The Auction House especially.
~ Cancel an item for sale, ARE YOU SURE? *click*
~ Reposting an item on the Auction House, ARE YOU SURE? *click* YOU'RE GOING TO RECEIVE THE ITEM IN YOUR INVENTORY *click* YOU'RE POSTING THIS OVER/UNDER AVERAGE PRICE *click*

When you use a skill training seal (have to confirm to use it)
When you finish red/blue upgrading and it asks you to equip it or not (MAKE THE DEFAULT NO, AND IF PLAYERS WANT TO EQUIP IT THEY STILL CAN, WHY IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION?)
When you accept an elite shadow mission on the board (have to confirm to use it)
When you change channels (have to confirm it)

And tons more that I'm sure you guys can help me list.

Honestly I've never seen this in another game, and there's a reason why. It's annoying to your players. I'm sure some players actually like this system because (devil's advocate) this system actually saves them from misclicking or making a mistake. All I ask for, Nexon, is an option to turn this off. That is what's fair to everyone.
GretaLeineiAkiharuHishimaCrimsọnMaiaMairuSherri

Comments

• MairuMairu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    edited July 10, 2020
    Or maybe an option to use a bind, similar to the CTRL-clicking one for using items without opening the right-click item menu - like you CTRL-click a menu button or w/e and it treats it the same way and skips past confirmation text boxes
  • AmarazAmaraz
    We have an option to turn off the pop up that warns us we are dropping an expensive item, why not the rest of the game?
  • HishimaHishima
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    YES! This is needed. Nexon are you listening?
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Even getting out of a conversation with an NPC can take 3 or more clicks after you complete the action you want to complete. The conversation window needs an "x" box in the top right corner which will immediately dump me out of the conversation without having to listen to the NPC wishing me a good day and hoping that I'll come visit again real soon now.

I sometimes suspect the conversation authors don't play the game. So they design these lengthy conversation which give wonderful insight into the NPC's character but they don't realise how mind-numbingly tedious it becomes after you click through it 100 times. Maybe each unnecessary pane of NPC talk needs a button for "Do not show me this dialog ever again". Or maybe we need an option to switch individual NPCs to "Terse mode", like in the old text-based adventure games.
    Amaraz
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Amaraz wrote: »
    Honestly I've never seen this in another game, and there's a reason why. It's annoying to your players. I'm sure some players actually like this system because (devil's advocate) this system actually saves them from misclicking or making a mistake. All I ask for, Nexon, is an option to turn this off. That is what's fair to everyone.

Yeah those are the same people who wanted commas. :smirk:
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Another thing with excessive click, squires. Why do I have to click like 5 things to get them on a mission. Please no pop-ups, just send them.
    Atheist42
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Amaraz wrote: »
    Another thing with excessive click, squires. Why do I have to click like 5 things to get them on a mission. Please no pop-ups, just send them.

Yes - squires are so irritating. 5 clicks to assign a squire to a mission. 4 clicks to complete a mission. So tedious! And those irritating unnecessary conversations. Every time Dai tells me he hopes I'm getting enough sleep I consider dropping him from my unit. It might have been cute the first time, but after clicking through it over 100 times it's maddening. We really need a "terse mode" for squires.
    Amaraz
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Honestly the only time I actually appreciate an excessive click button, is when an event is going on and you have to select a main character. That has saved my butt from doom xD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I found an annoying box pertaining to this issue. The relist option on AH. It asks you if you want to relist the item. Obviously that's the reason why I clicked relist right?
    Amaraz
  • AmarazAmaraz
    I found an annoying box pertaining to this issue. The relist option on AH. It asks you if you want to relist the item. Obviously that's the reason why I clicked relist right?

Yes! That is the biggest offender in my opinion.