Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

PSA: It is now possible to tame a 5 star horse

WinglyMeruWinglyMeru
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
edited December 19, 2020 in General Chat
unknown.png

These previously untameable beings can now be tamed with the new minimum success rate, and this success rate finally grants us the long awaited 5 star horse. Now no one suddenly come out now and say that it was super secretly always possible. I tried many, many times before this with 500+ hot spring baits and all taming success titles and bonuses. Got it in about 6 tries now.

Now go my fellow animal tamers and get your 5 star horse!
ShinukitsuneWolfsinger

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited December 21, 2020
    Yeah I read about that in the patch log. I can finally complete the last taming quest now. Thank you Na. It wasn't possible to complete the quest after the dungeon revamp several years ago, but now it is! Going to get to work on that tonight.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 25, 2020
    Is it now possible to tame a banshee? I just tried in peaca basic and it didn't go well AT ALL.

Got kemono friends title, in adventurer talent, and even have a red scar life exploration taming cane - don't ask about that one, I know a lot of you would be like WHY WASTE ALL THAT GOLD YO? Shut up. LET ME LIVE MY FANTASY LIFE GOD DAMNIT!!! I play how the BLEEP I want to play!

So about that banshee?

:D
    Wolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Is it now possible to tame a banshee? I just tried in peaca basic and it didn't go well AT ALL.

Got kemono friends title, in adventurer talent, and even have a red scar life exploration taming cane - don't ask about that one, I know a lot of you would be like WHY WASTE ALL THAT GOLD YO? Shut up. LET ME LIVE MY FANTASY LIFE GOD DAMNIT!!! I play how the BLEEP I want to play!

So about that banshee?

Does "didn't go well at all" mean you didn't get it, or it just took like 1000+ tries to finally tame it.
    That minimum taming rate of 0.1% is still so low... why wouldn't it just be at least 5%.
    Especially if these titles like +40% taming success rate are 0.1% -> 0.14% and not 0.1% -> 40.1%.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 26, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »

So about that banshee?

Does "didn't go well at all" mean you didn't get it, or it just took like 1000+ tries to finally tame it.
    That minimum taming rate of 0.1% is still so low... why wouldn't it just be at least 5%.
    Especially if these titles like +40% taming success rate are 0.1% -> 0.14% and not 0.1% -> 40.1%.

I didn't get it. As tanky as I am getting smacked around over and over while TRYING to use the taming skill got real tedious real fast. With how much I tried, I actually DOUBT that percentage was applied to the banshee.

And I'm pretty tanky, that banshee was only doing 1 damage to me per hit. The problem is getting that taming in. I got fed up and killed her.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 3, 2021
    Managed to tame demonic lich in Saga I Episode 2. Took quite a few taitinn carp baits.

Edit: finally collected 90 five stars. Done with that stupid quest.