Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What does everyone think of "Ice Spear"

EndstimeEndstime
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in General Chat
Its come to my knowledge that apparently ice spear reduces the damage of all forms of attacks (maybe not fixed damaging skills) by -50%. when you look at the ice spear description for the skill itself, it doesn't say anything about it reducing the damage of anything other than its own. while there is 2 other skills that have a sort of freezing effect similar to ice spear, such as Frozen Blast and Shattering Windmill... nobody uses ice spear anymore to their advantage in content mission themselves, since it reduces their damage. which makes me think will just be forgotten, since it never gets used in harder contents.

Comments

• OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Because you dont know how icespear works.

Icespear is best in solo play where nobody can steal your finishes
    the 50% damage reduction only applies when things are actually frozen, if deflector triggers the 50% reduction doesnt apply.

For enemies with deflector, it is possible to stack multiple ice spears on a single enemy for example
    20 enemies explode, and there is some enemies with mana defelctor
    the mana deflector enemy will now have 20x stacks of icespear and in best case and will all explode doing massive damage.

This is why icespear is god of alban heroic and some other contents
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited August 30, 2023
    More useful now that we can actually ATTACK FROZEN VICTIMS :)

Although I do agree. I haven't used magic since I only ever used it alongside puppetry and I barely use puppets anymore.

Mostly though: when I did use it, I always used it to just spam-detonate enemies that were immune to being frozen(torture for fun, basically).
    Arciellia
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Can't you keep a mob perma-stunned by spamming single-charge ice spear?