Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What does this mean?

Comments

• Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited March 9, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Clovis15 wrote: »
    The crow can't return because Nexon has a policy wherein an item declared "Retired" is permanently banned from later-sales.

That's your assumption and never say never. :)

Actually, it is not. Back on the old forums - when Sabina was still here - she explicitly declared this, it was done in regards to me inquiring-endlessly about the Bengal Cat. The Bengal Cat is another officially-discontinued pet, which also had a discontinuation-sale. As such I'm not assuming, and it's never coming back (even though I don't like it). The reasons for why they do this may be related to the fact there are laws in the US that make it illegal to have a going out of business-sale, except for when you actually do so afterwards.

Hoping will only cause you to never get the Crow, ergo - as such - trying to buy it from another player on your server is sadly the only-method at this juncture. I would advise starting sooner in this hunt, rather than later, because the passage of time causes fewer-players owning one to still be active. My hunt for a Bengal Cat itself was painfully uphill, and isn't something I would wish on anyone. I'm sorry this isn't the news you wanted, but you deserve to hear the truth rather than a lie that - while certainly encouraging - would actively get in the way of achieving one's goals.

(NOTE: You are right that virtually everything-else can potentially come back, and this was also stated by Sabina in the same post, so long as a license isn't involved. Very few things have been explicitly-discontinued in the US, and most of what has are pets that - at this juncture - most players would consider as worthless.)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited March 9, 2017
    She explicitly declared a lot of stuff I noticed. To this day there are some things that I wonder if they are actually true or if she just said stuff like that to make people stop. Because ultimately all she can do was send a message and potentially be ignored. If that happened to me with a customer, I would have to make up something final about it too.

Perhaps that was how it was back in the day. -shrugs-

Anyway there is no reason for really old classic pets to not be re-released. The problem for these pets is not the licensing, it's profitability. Always has been. Those pets were not making sales for a very long time and thus that is why they were taken down. No point in something being available if it's not making any money.

But seeing as it has been quite a few years since they were taken down and with all the newer players...perhaps NA should consider bringing them back. They could even put them up for just a couple bucks each and probably make some half decent profit.

But again there is nothing final about anything. They can re-release pets like that, they just choose not to for whatever reasons.

Funny story about the crow though. I deleted mine when I returned. XD
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    To be clear, I hope you're right.