Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thank you song - Mabi is more than Fantasies

CyCyCyCy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
in General Chat
Hello, just sharing this here. Mabinogi has been memorable for many people. Thank you all for contributing to this game's amazing community!

CrimsọnAquasol

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited April 29
    Wait did you make this? :open_mouth:
  • CyCyCyCy
    edited April 29
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Wait did you make this? :open_mouth:

Yup! I hope you've enjoyed it.

I came back to the game 2 months ago after being gone for 5 years. And this was actually me reflecting about my experience lol. I actually thought I was being crazy at first that I thought this way, but other people seem to appreciate it. So here we are with this song =P

Not sure why the video is stuck on 480p it seems. Makes it harder to read text. Not sure if it takes time or anyone knows how to fix it~
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    405e8c6962fec0eaadce2e2bc6dc0d7f.gif
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    Kew! Is that you singing too or some kind of computer voice?

May I suggest adding drums?
  • CyCyCyCy
    Helsa wrote: »

Can a computer generated voice really sound like that? I'll have to look into that lol. The voice on the video is genuine though, not a "computer voice".

Feel free to suggest drum ideas to the song. Maybe make a drum cover! I'm still learning to improve my music so any suggestion or idea would be appreciated. Thanks~
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    CyCy wrote: »

Can a computer generated voice really sound like that? I'll have to look into that lol. The voice on the video is genuine though, not a "computer voice".

Feel free to suggest drum ideas to the song. Maybe make a drum cover! I'm still learning to improve my music so any suggestion or idea would be appreciated. Thanks~

Learning music is a lifelong endeavour. If you are not confident yet to compose a drum line, it's like anything else, do "something" then keep going back and tweaking it better. Figuring out drums will help you to figure out rhythm. Rhythm is fully half of music, many folks forget that as they concentrate on melody and harmony. If you really don't know how to begin, maybe your tune makes you think of a drum line from some other tune. Make a separate identical project and, for now, just copy the drum line into the copy then start tweaking until you are happy with it and are sufficiently satisfied that it's different enough to be considered "yours".

Don't worry about "borrowing" a drum line as a starting point. You're doing it as a way to begin studying rhythm. Remember, ALL art is derivative. Good Luck!
  • CyCyCyCy
    CyCy wrote: »

Learning music is a lifelong endeavour. If you are not confident yet to compose a drum line, it's like anything else, do "something" then keep going back and tweaking it better. Figuring out drums will help you to figure out rhythm. Rhythm is fully half of music, many folks forget that as they concentrate on melody and harmony. If you really don't know how to begin, maybe your tune makes you think of a drum line from some other tune. Make a separate identical project and, for now, just copy the drum line into the copy then start tweaking until you are happy with it and are sufficiently satisfied that it's different enough to be considered "yours".

Don't worry about "borrowing" a drum line as a starting point. You're doing it as a way to begin studying rhythm. Remember, ALL art is derivative. Good Luck!

You make it sound like the music is missing rhythm. There's a lot of rhythm going on in the music! And there is percussion in the arrangement but it is minimal because the song is in orchestral style :tongue: