Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Steam is now broken

Comments

• KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Oh, I'd never heard of it before so I was like "wuuut is that?" xD
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Kryo wrote: »
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    I imagine all this is an effort to stop crap like Pake, but honestly all this NGS stuff and Direct Launch-disabling is just massive collateral damage. Knock it off, you're not helping.
    What is Pake?

An evil that shall not be spoken of, far more terrifying than you could imagine.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I'm not sure exactly what errors everyone is getting through steam launcher but my client opened just fine from it. I've had the game downloaded to it for well over a year and was concerned it may not work after seeing this thread. It just took a little longer for the client to open than normal but it did eventually open.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Kryo wrote: »
    Genuisenie wrote: »
    I imagine all this is an effort to stop crap like Pake, but honestly all this NGS stuff and Direct Launch-disabling is just massive collateral damage. Knock it off, you're not helping.
    What is Pake?

A hacking tool that took Nexon nine years to effectively stop.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm somehow avoiding the NGS error, but all the background music isn't playing now... it's really creepy.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    nevyn25 wrote: »
    they broke the game in general, as I can't even use the nexon launcher to update -.-
    TI0HO52.png

well, the update button became a play button, so now let's test NGS :D
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Mind you I tried Mabinogi Steam like 5 minutes after the update went live. Either you're having a fluke or they actually fixed it rather quickly.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Shoog wrote: »
    I'm not sure exactly what errors everyone is getting through steam launcher but my client opened just fine from it. I've had the game downloaded to it for well over a year and was concerned it may not work after seeing this thread. It just took a little longer for the client to open than normal but it did eventually open.
    You might be the exception, then.

• KryoKryo
    @ all the replies, haha that's so odd that I'd never heard of it, and I've been a player since almost the beginning :P
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I'm gonna get on now to try Steam.
  • TheHDogTheHDog
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    My Steam client just updated, and it seems to be working for me now.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360

Looks like they just now gave steam a quick fix. Before, it would just launch the old launcher and would tell you to download the Nexon launcher.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535

I saw that another forumer posted in this thread a page or two back that they didn't have issues with loading their client from Steam either. I do feel for everyone who can't get theirs working atm. :(
  • MohawkGuyMohawkGuy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,440
    edited March 16, 2017
    Hello Peeps,

Thank you so much for sharing your errors and concerns you are experiencing. Trust me, we are looking into these errors. Hang in there dudes!

(:7
    nevyn25MirralChanKryoCrisis1NilremLiberatebadnewsbarrettGretaSherriCarlizeand 2 others.
  • SacredFlairSacredFlair
    Mabinogi Rep: 675
    Well I've been able to get in the game with Steam just to get killed by NGS again after 2mins
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited March 16, 2017
    @MohawkGuy Thanks! Please look into the No Background Music thing too! =D
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited March 16, 2017
    MohawkGuy wrote: »
    Hello Peeps,

Thank you so much for sharing your errors and concerns you are experiencing. Trust me, we are looking into these errors. Hang in there dudes!

(:7

You might want to reconsider Direct Launch.

Since, you know, everything was fine up until its removal.

I saw that another forumer posted in this thread a page or two back that they didn't have issues with loading their client from Steam either. I do feel for everyone who can't get theirs working atm. :(

Somehow works for me, too, now, although now I'm just waiting for NGS to kick me out.

AND it just did.
  • KryoKryo
    The Steam one seems to be working for me now, too. I'll try to see if this one gets me that weird security threat
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    so far, so good, haven't been kicked by NGS yet :D
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    still going strong. looks like I'm out of the danger zone for now :D