Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AP training... too grindy

Comments

• KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited May 22, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Kaga wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Kaga wrote: »
    I've finally got rank 1 of the harder skills I never touched before...
    lance charge, blaze, meteor, inspiration...

but... I'm bored now... this is boring :-o

You never touch blaze? that's just plain wrong.

I've barely touched blaze. I never found the skill to be that useful since it's more like a risky close proximity counter. It's annoying and I just don't like it. Eventually though I will have to rank it for the int and minor str points. Bleh...

It's more useful than Judgement blade + rage impact
    how bout dah

Yeah but the mob has to get too close to you (imo) for you to use it. I guess I'm just mainly a FH spamming dual gun wielder with fire magic on the side. We all have our niches. If it works it works. ^^;;;

Can't wait for that 3rd weapon slot. >_>;;;

Blaze does the job of 3 people in phantasm, and you can simply n+blaze any elite mobs with it (more reliable than FH in the long run)
    People just don't know how to use it properly or do weak damage.
    To each their own I guess.

Kids.. with great power comes great responsibility!
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited May 22, 2017
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    crying-laughing-emoji.jpg

To all the people complaining about ap training. You guys obviously don't trains hard skills that are far worse to train manually than to rank them up using ap.

Or you're salty because you did train them the hard way and now others don't have to.

Either way...if you don't like it..don't use it?

I personally have no issue with AP training because it actually make people use their extra APs up on some skills which compensate for it if you don't want to train it the hard way, I'm just glad that my extra APs are not wasted on stuffs like this ad I already capped everything several weeks ago.

Now... if AP training does actually help you with mastering r1 skills... THAT is something I would ACTUALLY spend my extra APs on.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    Plus obtaining shock without the pages won't cost you millions anymore...
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Berryswirl wrote: »
    crying-laughing-emoji.jpg

To all the people complaining about ap training. You guys obviously don't trains hard skills that are far worse to train manually than to rank them up using ap.

Or you're salty because you did train them the hard way and now others don't have to.

Either way...if you don't like it..don't use it?

Can Confirm. Training Blacksmithing the normal way was a utter Pain in the Tail. so glad for AP training.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    Greta wrote: »

Blaze is hard...?

U w0t m8.

don't judge me :C
    lol
    I never touched blaze because the skill was way too situational to be handy. so I knew i'd never touch it after I was done.
    (plus displacement-lag always made me upset when I tried to use it XD)

i'm weird I guess but, all the struggling I got from training skills to then feel that since of achievement at rank 1 is now gone because of ap training.

I see this update is being great for new players, but for vets who invested hours/months of time into 1 skill at a time. I understand why they would be upset.

also... would this mean raccoon cub enchant is less useful now? LOL
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Greta wrote: »

Blaze is hard...?

U w0t m8.

don't judge me :C
    lol
    I never touched blaze because the skill was way too situational to be handy. so I knew i'd never touch it after I was done.
    (plus displacement-lag always made me upset when I tried to use it XD)

i'm weird I guess but, all the struggling I got from training skills to then feel that since of achievement at rank 1 is now gone because of ap training.

I see this update is being great for new players, but for vets who invested hours/months of time into 1 skill at a time. I understand why they would be upset.

also... would this mean raccoon cub enchant is less useful now? LOL

Not really, you still need to make 30 exp in skill to be able to use AP training on them, so you still need -cp gear.
    justshowing