Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Buff Music broken..?

Comments

• whoooowhoooo
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    whoooo wrote: »
    I have a question and I want to hear all you rich people with 100s of pets that have summon effect going to say to this... What should someone who's getting attack by lets say 3 spiders or those ugly Ghast or anything with a instant aggro and 1 hit knockback what should they do? get raped cause the skill wont load when they need it, because its not like they'll have time to use windmill to defend themselves or anything they'll just stuck their getting their ass handed to them and probably rage quit. I think.... and I say I THINK SO THIS IS AN OPINION this "bug fix" will cause a lot of problem for people like those.

You are assuming people who pet spam are for this change or are fine, but I find that to be a generalization, as such people will likely just welcome any option such as this in the first place. That being said....

Why not teamwork a bit of planning, perhaps to give one time to use lullaby, or perhaps use a a quick damage technique or skill to blitz them in an instant? There is also crisis escape for the less aggroish monsters, and means of ranged attacks to pick them off one by one. One could try to use the Shock skill or an enhanced Frozen blast as well, or having everyone use pets with divine link to draw aggro. There is also sand burst and shadow bind. or the mage skill shockwave to buy time.

Most enemies do not aggro that quickly, and aggression time is something to be considered as a reasonable obstacle now as it was back then. That is what make Ghasts so difficult, and Peaca overall a team player dungeon, albeit not the end game it was before the Dungeon revamp. The options are there, but the dependency on Lullaby is incredibly broken with an instant cast as it pet spam itself.

The cast time is barely noticeable in the long run unless you run into Ghasts, or do Lord Missions, and those typically were meant to be more difficult, similar to monsters in Rabbie Phantasm are. In any case, lullaby can be a tactical move in itself, leading one to pick out specific opponents to defeat without the usage of aoe or splash skills.

Cannot say I disagree with this fix when it trivializes most dungeons.

Not all players like to mingle with other players and not all servers are active for a easy and quick dungeon run, people are tired of waiting for other players to get their A$$ to an altar just to do a dungeon then afk in the middle of it or something worse which cause most players to go solo. then you have your typical internet who does nothing else but name call or use harsh words or action to make a new player feel bad to make themselves feel better( yes there are people like that in Mabinogi) and if you ever get gang up by a pack of wolf, or spiders that 1 hit knocks you down with just basic combat skills you are out of luck and cant defend yourself with absolutely nothing. also I didn't say anything about its people who pet spam are fine even though now you mention it we are ok.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited May 21, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »
    Saygo is a dude. =P

Oops, my bad. I'm not really familiar with the nexon staff >.<
    I shouldn't be assuming gender xP
    Liyeta wrote: »
    whoooo wrote: »
    I have a question and I want to hear all you rich people with 100s of pets that have summon effect going to say to this... What should someone who's getting attack by lets say 3 spiders or those ugly Ghast or anything with a instant aggro and 1 hit knockback what should they do? get raped cause the skill wont load when they need it, because its not like they'll have time to use windmill to defend themselves or anything they'll just stuck their getting their ass handed to them and probably rage quit. I think.... and I say I THINK SO THIS IS AN OPINION this "bug fix" will cause a lot of problem for people like those.

Hmm, there is a few option to avoid this.
    1, use divine link on your pet
    2. Use crysis escape.
    3. Use a b bomb
    4. Take all the agro then play dead.
    5. Use demi then run away or tank it.
    6. Fh everything in sight
    7. Snap cast ice spear then thunder everything
    8. Shadow bind
    9. Get your raincast up all thd time then hydra
    10. Hydra then play dead
    11. Summon your puppet before entering the room, use crisis escape so your puppet will take the agro.

There is a lot of way to do this.

This. Lol. The only problem is that not everyone has those skills and playing dead doesn't always work.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    forget about lullaby and enduring song

harvest song takes too long to get the freaking buff!
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    So no one has the Enthralling Problem but me? Poopy. :U
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Xiokun wrote: »
    So no one has the Enthralling Problem but me? Poopy. :U

not really it just everyone rarely use them
    and yes, this often happens to me
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Things will just take a little longer. Get use to it, when a bug is identified and fixed, it's done and over with. There is no returning back. So you can QQ or adapt and persevere - if you love this world.

I'm "QQ'ing," as you put it, for a completely justified reason and adapting at the same time. Just because it was supposed to be a bug fix doesn't mean it has to be "done and over with," meaning that I am completely allowed to voice my opinion on the matter if it inconveniences me not only as a player of the game, but also as a customer. Unfortunately, however, given this game's history you are more than likely right that we won't be seeing the usefulness of Lullaby return.

That said, I can't see Rabbie Phantasm being anymore "fun" now than it was before thanks to this completely unnecessary change, but c'est la vie, I guess.

That's what sand burst is for.
    [Deleted User]ChaosShadow
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590

Oh. I completely forgot about Sand Burst! xD Well, I guess I have to work that into my mage setup now.

Thanks for the reminder!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited May 22, 2017

Oh. I completely forgot about Sand Burst! xD Well, I guess I have to work that into my mage setup now.

Thanks for the reminder!

You're welcome.

Listen up folks!

Sand Burst is now officially required for phantasm runs. Not just that one player in your party that has it maxed out -
    EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU is now required to have it.

Until they nerf/fix that too. :|

Hrrmm...

giphy.gif

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

Thanks for the reminder!

You're welcome.

Listen up folks!

Sand Burst is now officially required for phantasm runs. Not just that one player in your party that has it maxed out -
    EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU is now required to have it.

Until they nerf/fix that too. :|

Hrrmm...

giphy.gif

They can't nerf sand burst! Getting sand in your eyes is pretty painful and takes a long while to get out.
    Better yet, if they nerf sand burst, I'm making a skill where I can pour hot nacho cheese in their eyes. It'll be brutal. >:)
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    I doubt it would ever get nerfed. Even if it did, there's no way they could possibly make it worse than pre-Enlightenment Sand Burst.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Geez all they did was add a one second cast time to lullaby and now suddenly it's useless, a skill that can sedate 12 enemies for well over 60 seconds and doesn't even require an instrument to boot. Unless some doof sees the "perfect opportunity" and immediately windmills everything.
    [Deleted User]
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Saygo wrote: »
    We apologize for
    1: Not acknowledging the bug and letting everyone know
    2: Any inconvenience this might give players that have to now adjust to the cast time

I'm really late on this, but you guys should consider posting proper patch notes with maintenance notices again. System changes of any sort that affect the players really need to be included in those notices, and patch notes did wonders back when they were included with every maintenance notice.

RaishiiArjuneZeoHarukariCrimsọn[Deleted User]AlmostNotsuper
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Saygo wrote: »
    We apologize for
    1: Not acknowledging the bug and letting everyone know
    2: Any inconvenience this might give players that have to now adjust to the cast time

I'm really late on this, but you guys should consider posting proper patch notes with maintenance notices again. System changes of any sort that affect the players really need to be included in those notices, and patch notes did wonders back when they were included with every maintenance notice.

That would be nice BUT...they would have to be accurate though. We all know that isn't exactly always the case with updates and events communicated. Perhaps that's why they don't do it anymore...

tumblr_inline_nrtqldDD1l1qc8ajp_500.gif
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    edited May 22, 2017
    That would be nice BUT...they would have to be accurate though. We all know that isn't exactly always the case with updates and events communicated. Perhaps that's why they don't do it anymore...

Given that prior patch notes that were written listed literally every external change made in that patch, I'm pretty sure the notes were written by QA/internal testing rather than whoever writes event posts.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Given that prior patch notes that were written listed literally every external change made in that patch, I'm pretty sure the notes were written by QA/internal testing rather than whoever writes event posts.

Well perhaps they are just not provided that information anymore. (Tin foil hat time!) Maybe they are hoping no one notices certain changes to prevent rage from this community? (Obviously that failed this time).

Ultimately it would be nice, but question is why...and I use this term very lightly...why are they "withholding" this information from us?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Liyeta wrote: »

Well perhaps they are just not provided that information anymore. (Tin foil hat time!) Maybe they are hoping no one notices certain changes to prevent rage from this community? (Obviously that failed this time).

Ultimately it would be nice, but question is why...and I use this term very lightly...why are they "withholding" this information from us?

Lets do some speculation. I think the team got a lot smaller and they cant do that much in the given schedule.

Does it really take that long to update the front page with a news or event post? The patch notes can easily be pasted.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Zarric wrote: »
    In this day and age, the combat is sped up and various skills have been given buffs or changes to make them relate to the speed up. The current buff times are a thing of the G9 era, as these were the original timings then. We're almost to G21 now so having slow buff cast again is actually very horrible.

Pretty sure the bard skills came out after g16. In other words, the original timing was made with the current speed of the game in mind.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Does it really take that long to update the front page with a news or event post? The patch notes can easily be pasted.

Patch notes need to be made before they can be pasted into a notice.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240

Patch notes need to be made before they can be pasted into a notice.

You need to be made before you can be pasted into a notice.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!1111
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    You need to be made before you can be pasted into a notice.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!1111

You tried rolleyes.png