Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Renovation Season 3 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74541/renovation-season-3-patch-notes-may-26th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Free VIP Month

RingabelRingabel
Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
Posts: 126
Member
edited May 30, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
As the title suggests - a free VIP event would be great.
It'd be nice in general, but even nicer for everyone stuck in expired guilds because that doesn't look like it'll be fixed anytime soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> inb4 contact support though
support is unable to remove characters from guilds manually so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comments

  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,015
    Posts: 2,433
    Member
    They did something like that a little over four years ago, but haven't done it since. Would be nice, I agree.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 166
    Member
    Ringabel wrote: »
    As the title suggests - a free VIP event would be great.
    It'd be nice in general, but even nicer for everyone stuck in expired guilds because that doesn't look like it'll be fixed anytime soon. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    > inb4 contact support though
    support is unable to remove characters from guilds manually so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I'm actively posting in the discussion for the expired guilds, and as I've mentioned there, it's been over a month since Nexon told us they're "looking into it" and when I submitted a ticket (shortly after creating this account), they told me they had no estimation as to when it might be fixed. While this wouldn't be actually fixing the issue, it would at least help all of the players who are complaining about it.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Posts: 319
    Member
    edited May 31, 2017
    Leinei wrote: »
    They did something like that a little over four years ago, but haven't done it since. Would be nice, I agree.

    I don't think our last one was 4 years ago. I'm sure we've had it multiple times, the last being maybe 2 years ago.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 166
    Member
    If VIP was free for a month, would that auto renew all expired guilds? I don't have money for VIP myself and I'm new to guilds in general.
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 93
    Member
    The last time was about four years ago or more, for the service revamp at the time.
    However before that it happened quite often as compensation for things that we've thankfully haven't had to experience in years.

    @Sylek If VIP or Premium was free, then all the guilds would be renewed for that time. So yes players would be able to leave their guilds.
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Posts: 319
    Member
    Dealer wrote: »
    The last time was about four years ago or more, for the service revamp at the time.
    However before that it happened quite often as compensation for things that we've thankfully haven't had to experience in years.

    @Sylek If VIP or Premium was free, then all the guilds would be renewed for that time. So yes players would be able to leave their guilds.

    Actually, the last time was when we had the MMOBomb Ultimate F2P Showdown. And it wasn't always tied to compensation, it was available during the introduction of the Puppetry talent. But yes, it has been awhile since we've had it.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    edited June 1, 2017
    Dealer wrote: »
    @Sylek If VIP or Premium was free, then all the guilds would be renewed for that time. So yes players would be able to leave their guilds.

    Then perhaps they should just give a month of free VIP or Premium to all players as a sort of temporary fix for this ongoing unable to leave expired guilds issue already. That or they could maybe actually give us some sort of update on the current situation to show they're actually working on it. Given that since the issue was acknowledged a month ago the only thing they've given players has been complete utter silence on the issue.

  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 166
    Member
    Namiri wrote: »
    Dealer wrote: »
    @Sylek If VIP or Premium was free, then all the guilds would be renewed for that time. So yes players would be able to leave their guilds.

    Then perhaps they should just give a month of free VIP or Premium to all players as a sort of temporary fix for this ongoing unable to leave expired guilds issue already. That or they could maybe actually give us some sort of update on the current situation to show they're actually working on it. Given that since the issue was acknowledged a month ago the only thing they've given players has been complete utter silence on the issue.

    The silence was briefly broken when I submitted a ticket over it. They told me they have no idea when it's going to be fixed. Give out a free month or even a week of VIP/Premium, then people can fix their guild stuff until the real fix. Just send a heads up in advance if doing a week or so.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Sylek wrote: »
    The silence was briefly broken when I submitted a ticket over it. They told me they have no idea when it's going to be fixed. Give out a free month or even a week of VIP/Premium, then people can fix their guild stuff until the real fix. Just send a heads up in advance if doing a week or so.

    Well I was referring more so towards breaking the silence with an announcement regarding it that everyone can see rather than telling a single person who submitted a ticket. But yes given they outright admitted to you they have no idea when it's going to be fixed they really should just give out a month of free VIP/Premium until they can figure out a fix.

  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Posts: 93
    Member
    edited June 1, 2017
    Raishii wrote: »
    Dealer wrote: »
    The last time was about four years ago or more, for the service revamp at the time.
    However before that it happened quite often as compensation for things that we've thankfully haven't had to experience in years.

    @Sylek If VIP or Premium was free, then all the guilds would be renewed for that time. So yes players would be able to leave their guilds.

    Actually, the last time was when we had the MMOBomb Ultimate F2P Showdown. And it wasn't always tied to compensation, it was available during the introduction of the Puppetry talent. But yes, it has been awhile since we've had it.

    Ah I forgot the MMO showdown one, also I know it wasn't always tied down to compensation, just saying it happened often because of that. I actually thought(and said) the last time was because of an update that changed the service a bit (not compensation), but it seems like the MMO one was after that.
    Namiri wrote: »
    Sylek wrote: »
    The silence was briefly broken when I submitted a ticket over it. They told me they have no idea when it's going to be fixed. Give out a free month or even a week of VIP/Premium, then people can fix their guild stuff until the real fix. Just send a heads up in advance if doing a week or so.

    Well I was referring more so towards breaking the silence with an announcement regarding it that everyone can see rather than telling a single person who submitted a ticket. But yes given they outright admitted to you they have no idea when it's going to be fixed they really should just give out a month of free VIP/Premium until they can figure out a fix.

    While I understand the thinking, the problem with that is, they can't guarantee that every player in an expired guild will leave the guild during that time. A lot of players may come after the free event and before the fix, or many players that are stuck in an expired guild might forget to leave it before the event ends.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Dealer wrote: »
    While I understand the thinking, the problem with that is, they can't guarantee that every player in an expired guild will leave the guild during that time. A lot of players may come after the free event and before the fix, or many players that are stuck in an expired guild might forget to leave it before the event ends.

    It's still a better solution than doing absolutely nothing though. Given that at least the people currently around right now experiencing this problem would be able to leave their expired guilds. Which would of course greatly reduce the amount of people sending in tickets regarding this issue.

    As for people forgetting to leave their expired guild before the event ends. Couldn't that be kind of solved by just making an announcement stating that they've been unable to find a fix yet and are therefore giving out a month of free VIP/Premium in the meantime as a sort of temporary fix for the issue? That way many people would see the announcement and be more aware that if they're suffering from this issue they should leave during the event period.

  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 26
    Member
    If they can't fix the root problem with the website to let people leave expired guilds, they should at least do something that we know would let people currently stuck in dead guilds leave to be able to find a new one, ie free service event, rather than making us suffer for something they broke with no fix on the horizon. Heck, if they don't want to give it out to everyone, they could do something like letting people stuck in a dead guild ticket them and just grant the inactive leader a month of basic guild service to let people get out. At least do something for us players stuck in this situation, instead of being completely quiet about things.
    NamiriVolex53
  • Volex53Volex53
    Mabinogi Rep: 475
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Yes. Please. I'm tired of waiting to leave my inactive guild, and I'm 100% sure I'm not alone with this. I'm practically the only one online in my current guild and the leader refuses to even do me the favor and even install the game despite me willing to pay for the 1 day VIP. It's frustrating that the guild issue hasn't been fixed for over the past month. I've been waiting to join another guild since this whole thing started. I think this is the best solution if the problem cannot be immediately resolved internally.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 166
    Member
    We can no longer use inactive guilds as an excuse now. An hour ago, I got a private message from a Nexon employee saying that it was fixed, but I haven't found anything else saying that it has been. I checked it out myself when I got the message, and it is fixed.
  • MugenaiMugenai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,475
    Posts: 26
    Member
    Sylek wrote: »
    We can no longer use inactive guilds as an excuse now. An hour ago, I got a private message from a Nexon employee saying that it was fixed, but I haven't found anything else saying that it has been. I checked it out myself when I got the message, and it is fixed.

    No one was really using it as an excuse though? It was a legitimate problem, but I'm glad it's finally fixed after a month and a half of waiting
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Sylek wrote: »
    We can no longer use inactive guilds as an excuse now. An hour ago, I got a private message from a Nexon employee saying that it was fixed, but I haven't found anything else saying that it has been. I checked it out myself when I got the message, and it is fixed.

    I don't think the majority of people asking for a free VIP/Premium month were using inactive guilds as an excuse for free service. Many people just genuinely simply wanted a way to leave the expired guilds they were stuck in before Nexon finally got around to fixing it. Besides it's not like the current crappy VIP/Premium service our NA servers have is even all that worthwhile anyways.