Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Eweca stones shuld be a pernament in cash shop

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    It's easy to make money off of people in these types of games because there are those who believe that they have to be up to date with everyone else in order to enjoy the game.

It's pretty much an open sandbox game, there are no set goals, just storylines and events to go with it to make it interesting. For some, p2w items makes it fun for them. But, think about this carefully, does everyone enjoy the game more buying all this stuff?
    I've played Mabi for 7 years, I've only spent a little more than $100 total ($60 spent this year has been the most). I very much enjoy playing almost always free and there are many ways to enjoy the game free.

If you're going to complain about how others who can buy these items to make themselves better, so what? That's how they enjoy the game, you must find your way of enjoying the game.

But as a business, especially for these types of games, it's best to keep these items for limited times.
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    looking at the list with the 80 dollar deal I saw something that I would have used to be against but now see fine.

the golden fruit being able to be bought now just tells me you can buy your way to level instead of grinding....

well here's why I'm not against this like I would have if I was younger. I DONT HAVE TIME!
    who has time to level grind to 100 to use vision/might of ladeca just to rebirth and do it again...

i'm not against this method for the older players, just sucks for free to play players.

more love for the TRUE content of mabi please, aka the community <3
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    If anything, there should only be some sort of protection potion for special upgrades.

Something that protects against the consequences of failure, but still makes you gather the stone you need to upgrade in the first place.

I'd be for the protection stones being available through gameplay though.
    Like being craftable from two normal step 7 stones and something else or something.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    If anything, there should only be some sort of protection potion for special upgrades.

Something that protects against the consequences of failure, but still makes you gather the stone you need to upgrade in the first place.

Like being craftable from two normal step 7 stones and something else or something.

b4 that we need the lucky and step 6 protect stones to be craft able first lel. ;)
    PolicromaIyasenuAichann
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Rhey wrote: »

b4 that we need the lucky and step 6 protect stones to be craft able first lel. ;)

There's an idea...
    Add some new crafting items, let's say Luck Essence and Safety Essence.

Combine Luck Essence with Stones to make Lucky Stones.
    Luck Essence could be made from 4 Leaf Clovers or Good Luck Potions and some Dungeon drops like the Pure White Dust and Catalysts or Distortion Powder.

Combine Safety Essence with Stones to make Protection Stones.
    Safety Essence could be made from Holy Water, Seal Scrolls (the kind that seal up items), and some Dungeon drops like Pure white dust/catalysts and Restorative Powder.

Or maybe those crafting recipes would be too annoying.
    I do like the idea of being able to craft Lucky/Protection stones, though.
    Rhey
  • RheyRhey

There's an idea...

Luck Essence could be made from 4 Leaf Clovers or Good Luck Potions and some Dungeon drops like the Pure White Dust and Catalysts or Distortion Powder.

Safety Essence could be made from Holy Water, Seal Scrolls (the kind that seal up items), and some Dungeon drops like Pure white dust/catalysts and Restorative Powder.

That'd be great actually...
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    this is why i dislike mabinogis ideas of choosing short term purchases over long term....
    what even effects mabi to just keep a majority of things in shop that they take out..... like old pets and item gemicks
    Zeo

There's an idea...

What makes you think they'd do that if they can't even make recipes for scallops?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    edited July 21, 2017

There's an idea...

What makes you think they'd do that if they can't even make recipes for scallops?

Or Fan Mussels. :/

There's an idea...

Or Fan Mussels. :/

And malt.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

And malt.

http://wiki.mabi.world/view/Taffy_Stick

It's got 1 unimpressive use.

And malt.

http://wiki.mabi.world/view/Taffy_Stick

It's got 1 unimpressive use.

There are so many things you can do with malt.
    Actually, I'm tempted to see what I can make with fan mussel and scallops.
    Going to do some trial and error experiment.
  • RheyRhey
    How did this thread devolved into a food thread...?

giphy.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    food food food food food food
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    I'm never ever going to complete rabbie phantasm most likely, but just selling protection stones like this is ridiculous to me. Stop breaking the damn game every time you implement something new. It kills all motivation. Just like the celtic weaponry. No. No. NO.
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I'm never ever going to complete rabbie phantasm most likely, but just selling protection stones like this is ridiculous to me. Stop breaking the damn game every time you implement something new. It kills all motivation. Just like the celtic weaponry. No. No. NO.

Injects dosage of motivation.

But what is the best business strategy to go about this? Add endgame items that everyone buys and get a load of money short term, or sell things that will allow players to continue enjoying the game but at a potentially slower rate of revenue? It's not easy for them either.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    To be honest... I can see Nexon throwing in Eweca/Ladeca Protection stones as one of the uncommon/rare prizes in the future gachapons now... it'd still get Nexon/DevCat some money for doing so.
  • RheyRhey
    Zeo wrote: »
    To be honest... I can see Nexon throwing in Eweca/Ladeca Protection stones as one of the uncommon/rare prizes in the future gachapons now... it'd still get Nexon/DevCat some money for doing so.

I wouldn't mind tbh...Since it'll be a worthy excess when gach hunting 4 the main featured item. :D
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited July 25, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »

So far they haven't released protection stone (to r7/s7) from any events or other gachas in kr