Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Graphics

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wasn't this photo from a long time ago?
    [Deleted User]
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Whoa...didn't this thread have a lot more replies? I remember commenting about how it would be better for there to be Zelda breath of the wild graphics than Skyrim realistic graphics because it would work better with an Anime based game...

What happened?
    [Deleted User]
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yes new servers please. Getting real sick of the displacement and click lag.

click, click, CLICK? NOTHING, CLICK CLICK CLICK!!! DEAD! QQ!!!!!!!! :|

99.999999999999% of the time.... displacement lag is a client-side issue .... which means ... no amount of new servers will correct it.

I'm 99.999999999999% sure thats not the case..displacement lag can be caused by a desync between server and client..from what i understand, I'm not a genius or anything, but I'm pretty sure that means it can be coming from either side..and either way mabi needs new servers anyways. The one's we have now are extremely unstable. That being said there are steps you can take on the clients end to attempt to fix these issues but I'm not entirely sure I'm able to mention them here so i won't.

He is most likely correct this game seems to have no algorithm at all for predictions as to what will happen next like most multiplayer games do. A lot of games will predict where something will be in x seconds(based on your latency), and put them the object there. The sort of tell tale sign is sort of obvious with mob locations not synching up on screen, and where they are on the server. Most Korean made games I've played suffer from this kind of lack of foresight as they just make them for Korea (which is physically really tiny when compared to California alone), and Koreas infrastructure(which is way better then the US's cobbled together pile of crap)
    [Deleted User]Kensamaofmari
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    if we ever get a graphical overhaul like this it'll probably be living hell for people without supercomputers. Korean games are so badly optimized it's not even a joke anymore. Before I got my new computer, I was running the largest maps in Warframe with a shitty unmodified 2012 MacBook on a virtual machine and it was still smooth, while black desert struggles to run on the lowest possible settings on a mid-tier gaming laptop. A lot of KR gamers play at PC Bang centers, though, so KR devs don't put a lot of effort into optimization, pretty just enough to make the thing run, which is a nightmare for western players who use personal machines.

I remember having to play on the lowest settings and being capped at 20fps for black desert.
    Then the "updated" their settings. Now when i try to run the game im capped at 10 fps and my screen is littered with blue and red dots fight a grand ol war of pixels.
  • TheYouTheYou
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    can we have the same game with better graphic (and the battle system maybe) like the secret world move to secret world legend?
    because this game is awesome!