Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is is worth it?

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in General Chat
So I've got this Adventurer's Linen Cuirass (M) with 8 defense and 2 protection, which at first I thought was okay but could be better right? But looking into the light armor list on wiki Apparently there isn't any better pair outside of one-time only event sets. So Where do I go from here? I mean Do I have the best set I'm ever gonna need and play with this armor until I die? XD
As it is, I already have rank 1 in light armor mastery so preferably I'd wear light armor but is it worth resetting my skill and start wearing heavy armor and ranking heavy armor skill up? But even then all the armor I saw for heavy was still worse than what I have now XD With the exception of the royal knight armor with it's hefty 11/5 stats.
So my question is: Is it worth getting into heavy armor or anything if my set provides better protection/defense?

And on a side note, I don't really like the look of the Adventurer's Linen Cuirass at all and almost would rather wear no armor than look at it more >3>; Unless I can change the color at least

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 9, 2017
    If i were you i would choose heavy armor, especially in places where strong enemies appear. Cheapest/easiest and also best heavy armor to get? Royal Knight armor of course. And it has good stats too, even elves can wear them. Just grind dailies everyday and eventually you will be able to buy a whole set or you can buy it off from other players (If i'm not wrong in Alexina RK armor set is like 7m or so).
    Lainy
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    See and thats another thing I've noticed, do people got gold pouring out their ears? O_o;; I've looked at some of the NPC selling armor and especially players' kiosks and everything is like in the millions.... I only got like 110000 total T~T
    LainySherriImaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    See and thats another thing I've noticed, do people got gold pouring out their ears? O_o;; I've looked at some of the NPC selling armor and especially players' kiosks and everything is like in the millions.... I only got like 110000 total T~T

I guess your choice is to do dailies everyday then. I was in your shoes too and i needed a good heavy armor so i spammed dailies for about a month and got a free set of RK :D
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Greta wrote: »

I guess your choice is to do dailies everyday then. I was in your shoes too and i needed a good heavy armor so i spammed dailies for about a month and got a free set of RK :D

sigh... oh well then ^^; eventually I suppose. Though honestly at this point with my light armor mastery maxed out, I just want a set of armor that looks nice XD
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    The Adventurer's armour is good to begin with, but almost any other light armour is better in the long run since they can be upgraded to have higher stats than just 8/2. If you tailor them then they can get even higher too. Without enchants my light armour (which I focused on protection) has 9 def, 9 prot. A higher rank tailor with quality reforges can get better results.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    jjeremy wrote: »
    The Adventurer's armour is good to begin with, but almost any other light armour is better in the long run since they can be upgraded to have higher stats than just 8/2. If you tailor them then they can get even higher too. Without enchants my light armour (which I focused on protection) has 9 def, 9 prot. A higher rank tailor with quality reforges can get better results.

Fair enough. Currently I jsut got a couple enchantments on it for defense and honestly whatever useful scrolls i randomly get XD But I might look into other light armor to upgrade since i've got rank 1 mastery I dont wanna waste
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    The best light armor and also the most aesthetically pleasing light armor is the Languhiris Chaser Armor. So no, you won't be playing with your current armor till end game.

I think most people usually go heavy armor (except those that can afford Languhiris) if they main skillsets that don't have any negative effects from the dex penalties.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Yes not just coming from their ear, people are actually sweating gold XD.
    Jokes aside.
    Most people either run shadow mission or sell dungeon drop and event item for gold.
    If you are new i suggest synthesize dyes, selling holy water, and homestead seed at first.

Defense from armor doesn't really matter since after g20 your pet will take your agro and tank for you.

Personally i use gamyu since its the only light armor i can put encore enchant on.

Most people either use dark knight since its already enchanted and r1, royal knight armor for super tankiness, or languhiris chaser for attack speed boost. Giant usually use thames for extra smashing damage and assault slash damage.

For non armor clothing, people use bohemian for extra magnum damage, Cressida set for… alchemy hard, or trinity set for mana shield tanking.

Tldr, def prot don't matter use armor that increase your damage, r1 reforge, or the one that looks cool.

Oh yes what would I do without my trusty horse XD I'm a gunslinger so its mainly either poking from safe distance and running shot to get away over and over.
    Its those times where my horse is distracted by baddy and another one or 5 come at me and land a nasty hit.
    And speaking of which I've noticed that combat gets really derpy with horse. Like he attacks then I sometimes attack then he attacks then I...dont? like I have to spam click the baddy to make sure I shoot em while hes being attacked by horse idk
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    ShouK wrote: »
    The best light armor and also the most aesthetically pleasing light armor is the Languhiris Chaser Armor. So no, you won't be playing with your current armor till end game.

I think most people usually go heavy armor (except those that can afford Languhiris) if they main skillsets that don't have any negative effects from the dex penalties.

Makes sense and it does look neato. Though I'd have no patience to grind out magic craft when I'm already trying to grind out engineering XD|
    So I'll probably poke around kiosks and see what I can grab ^^
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Are U on mari? muh Wardrobe is loaded with HA. I can spare U one with special Pings.
  • SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    I was gonna say, if you're on Tarlach note SKAID. I have an extra Royal Knight armor I don't mind parting with if it helps.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    No worries XD I'll manage I just wanted to know tips on the process
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Remember adventurer seals can be moved through bank across alts, you can easily get RKA in days if your willing to do dailies on all your alts. (350 seals for just the armor, and you can get 31 seals a day on a single character, although some of the dailies like MA might be a bit harder to do)
  • justshowingjustshowing
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    edited August 11, 2017
    only two talents in the game use dex for damage calculation for now. archery and puppetry.....

if those talents don't interest you at all. go for heavy armor for sure
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    only two talents in the game use dex for damage calculation for now. archery and puppetry.....

if those talents don't interest you at all. go for heavy armor for sure

Doesn't DEX factor into how much you get through an enemy's Protection?
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Doesn't DEX factor into how much you get through an enemy's Protection?
    The stat actually ignores defense.

• AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Whoops, got mixed up for a sec there, either way it's beneficial for more than just Range and Puppets in regards to combat.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Dex is also balance?
    which determines how often you hit for full damage
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    RKA is good for when you're using it between now and if you want to upgrade to Lang.

I suggest doing that because most monsters can hit pretty hard.
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Aquasol wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »

Whoops, got mixed up for a sec there, either way it's beneficial for more than just Range and Puppets in regards to combat.

Since it hits defense and not protection, it's not as great. Plus, it's only a 20% drop. Hell, you won't even notice it hurt your balance later on. I wear it on my characters and still 80% easily, despite not focusing any dex stat.