Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Please take another screenshot" Report fail

Comments

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    As others have implied; the in-game report feature isn't actually "broken".

If you'd like to report someone, go here: https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Also implied are a few of the reasons why it's come to this. (Frivolous reports make Nexon's job a lot harder).

I'm not saying your report is frivolous; just that frivolous reports played a major role in changing how reports are handled.

^ Yep.
    [Deleted User]Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Basically since mainly idiots file frivolous spiteful reports. Breaking the in-game report tool discourages this type of behavior. They would have to login to website (soooooo much effort for the pure free to player) and navigate to the ticket system (kys now) and then somehow file it correctly (HOLY****) and then provide proof (WOT???).

tenor.gif
    Ataraxiz[Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Gaea wrote: »
    Basically since mainly idiots file frivolous spiteful reports. Breaking the in-game report tool discourages this type of behavior. They would have to login to website (soooooo much effort for the pure free to player) and navigate to the ticket system (kys now) and then somehow file it correctly (HOLY****) and then provide proof (WOT???).

tenor.gif

Kek
    [Deleted User]
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Psylocin wrote: »
    Original post edited because "lol incomplete". i'm also not sure how this got moved to "general chat" from bugs.

When a B&G report does not have all required information needed according to that forum sections rules, then the report is placed into the Incomplete B&G section. Once it's complete, it will be moved back to the normal section. Also, when you made the edit to your thread earlier today, the category defaulted to the General forum section instead of staying in the B&G forum section. I wish there was a way to prevent it from defaulting like that but unfortunately there isn't currently.
    [Deleted User]
  • PsylocinPsylocin
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    So, here's a solution: Recode this feature to bring up a browser window (similar to how the shop is handled) similar to the aforementioned link. Add all the "make it hard to be a butt" features (multiple files/screenshots), a descriptive.. description, of issue (with sub-category dropdown for bugs, stupid bot accounts, abuse, etc), captcha, etc. Depending on the type of submission, will give verification dialog ("You are reporting this issue, if it's not a valid issue or in bad manner, your request will be denied or you may be blocked temporarily for malicious use of this tool, etc).

As far as the gold spam, (short of planting a hidden gm in the bushes), there needs to be a much quicker way to resolve this plague.
  • rjk10123rjk10123
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    edited February 21, 2018
    I wish they would get rid of the gold spammers though. My blacklist gets so full from them that I have to literally clean it out every month from just them.