Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Languhiris Chaser Frostbite effect

ArbiterArbiter
Mabinogi Rep: 530
edited August 20, 2018 in Bugs and Glitches
Hello Dev team,

I recently crafted a pair of Languhiris Knuckles, which say they have the Frostbite effect: "Has a 3% chance of inflicting frostbite when attacking, slowing the enemy down while dealing 12.5% of the original damage every second for 8 seconds."

https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Languhiris_Chaser

When I was testing the damage out, with a damage range of 357-616, I hit 18,000 damage with a skill and the Frostbite effect activated, doing ~70 damage a tick. This totaled to around 12.5% of my [DAMAGE RANGE] and not my [DAMAGE DEALT] ultimately leading to an extremely disappointing and irrelevant effect. I've tried again with Drop Kick boots and crit ~50,000 damage, for a similar effect from the damage over time.

Is this the intentional functionality of the Frostbite effect, or is the item mislabeled? IF this is actually how they are supposed to work, is it possible to have this addressed in-game so it is no longer misleading? If this is a glitch, will it ever be fixed?

Thank you.

PS: I haven't been able to get a satisfactory answer from players, but why does a Very Fast weapon need attack speed enhancement set bonus? This is more of a curiosity, but if you could answer that as well it would be incredibly appreciated.

EDIT: This was meant to be posted in [Bugs and Glitches], if a GM sees this, please move the thread. Also please respond. A white dragon heart for a 3% chance to do a total of 8 damage over 8 seconds is absurdly and embarrassingly pointless on top of another questionable attack speed enhancement effect on an already Very Fast weapon.

I want someone from the Dev team to explain to me if these effects are the intended functionality (because even in G1, it still wouldn't make sense) and if so, why.

IGN: Arbiter
Server: Ruairi

EDIT 2: 8/20/2018
For some reason I am not able to add replies to the thread directly, so I will edit the original message. Please do not allow this glitch to go unexamined. This weapon has been out for years, and glitched for years. It is about time some of these old, simple, glitches start to be fixed or at least addressed formally. If you will not review it, please just say so.
  1. Should Nexon be held accountable for unfixed glitches?6 votes
    1. Yes, of course.
       83% (5 votes)
    2. Nah
       17% (1 vote)

Comments

• FerghusTheBlacksmithFerghusTheBlacksmith
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,195
    I have a set of Languhiris Chasers also.

The Frostbite is 12.5% of your current damage non-skill modified damage that was dealt. If you have a 100 damage range and Frostbite hits from a Rank 1 Smash, which is 500% damage, it will DoT for roughly 12 to 13 damage per tick. It doesn't seem to be effected by Elemental Reforges but Max Attack Power reforges seem to help if you hit on the higher end of your min and max damage.

As for the Attack Speed Set...
    Might have to wait for someone with more knowledge to answer that because I have no idea.
    Arbiter
  • tetrarchtetrarch
    Mabinogi Rep: 340
    I don't know why they chose to put attack speed on the Languhiris Chaser in particular but attack speed still does increase your attack speed past Very Fast. It's harder to tell with latency and especially with melee weapons but when I use attack speed set with a Hagi Shuriken (which is also very fast) there is a noticeable difference when I attack.
  • ArbiterArbiter
    edited August 20, 2018
    Not sure why this is suddenly in General Chat instead of "Incomplete Bugs." This is the opposite direction that this thread should be moving.

This is a bug, please address it. Please forward it to game devs or say that you won't be doing anything about it.

I followed the protocol and filed a support ticket, in which I was told to report it in the forums instead. I have the screenshots from my ticket to share. Do not continue giving me the run around for months. Take responsibility for at least some of the aspects of your broken game that players are passionate about.
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    I'm not sure this is a bug. Many aspects of this game seem so poorly thought out that I have to assume they were implemented by someone who doesn't and has never played the game. For example, armour piercing. It's an entirely worthless stat, but it's not bugged. The same goes for the bleed effect when smashing with a sword; it's only really useful against Macha in sag ep10 but I don't think it's bugged.

That said, if the effect is working as intended, then the thread should have been marked as such rather than being moved to general. Heck, evene suggestions would make more sense.

P.S. add your ign and server to the bottom of this.
  • ArbiterArbiter
    edited August 20, 2018
    Orkane wrote: »
    I'm not sure this is a bug. Many aspects of this game seem so poorly thought out that I have to assume they were implemented by someone who doesn't and has never played the game. For example, armour piercing. It's an entirely worthless stat, but it's not bugged. The same goes for the bleed effect when smashing with a sword; it's only really useful against Macha in sag ep10 but I don't think it's bugged.

That said, if the effect is working as intended, then the thread should have been marked as such rather than being moved to general. Heck, evene suggestions would make more sense.

P.S. add your ign and server to the bottom of this.

I actually think the bleed from sword is pretty good and it also scales. Armor Piercing from dexterity is synonymous with +1 min/max. This is completely useless at all stages of the game and in virtually every scenario. There is literally no enemy in the game in which a 3% chance to do a 1 damage DoT that doesn't even finish and seems to be reduced by the enemy's current health (it'll tick for 0) would be necessary. I would be embarrassed to be the developer or playtester of this weapon.

I am embarrassed being roused and nex-owned by this poorly conceived piece of expensive gear. In any other game I've played, if a player pointed out a glitch or even logical dissatisfaction with the irrelevance of an item or ability due to scaling or lack of utility, the dev team would add it to their list of glitches and resolve it in their maintenance patches. That's not the case with Nexon.

I want confirmation one way or the other because it seems so poorly thought out that it's basically a dev-troll. It doesn't make sense and has no application and I want to know why.