Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

When might beauty coupons be re-released?

ZintackZintack
Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
in Item/Premium Shop
I know it was a bit over a couple months when the last one came out but there's still a lot of people looking for those rarer hairs, including me.

Last time this gacha came out.. I'm pretty sure a lot of people capped the buying limit and yet there was still not that many dropped.

So just curious if anyone thinks that we'll have to wait about a year (a bit more or less) just for hairs and such?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    If something like that is rereleased it could be anywhere from 6 months to a year, potentially longer. It depends on them.
    Helsa
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 18, 2017
    It's sad to look at players who waste their money/gold on something that is too rare and not permanent as well... You will be forced to stay with that hair forever... It would really suck if suddenly you see a new overpriced hair coupon that you like even more than previous one and it was overpriced too. They should make coupons permanently unlocked. That would really be more helpful and maybe even more players would spend money on it.
    KryoCrimsọnKageitoHyoukari
  • SinsAndFalseAlarmsSinsAndFalseAlarms
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,820
    I'm glad I got medium sideburns F, it's my second favorite hair. I don't think the wavy pigtails or whatever exist. Not the wavelet, those are ugly as sin.
  • TentacleTentacle
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,070
    Coupons are one one of the worst things that came to this game. Now we'll never have any new hairstyles and facial features without coupons and their limited rng-fueled availability.
    GretaDaktaroDarkpixie99
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    If only ppl were a bit smarter and never purchased the gotcha.....then maybe they would rethink the coupons and give it to us as a premium hairstyle. Much like everything else...if it's bad....shouldn't buy it. But alas, people still buy it and therefore things will never change.
    GretaDaktaroDarkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Yeah that permanent unlock suggestion has been screamed about since beauty coupons were released. C'mon Nexon, you can still charge us long for switching styles, just let us permanently have the option! You still make money. It's a win win for everyone. Plus we will still buy the gachas because everyone will want to collect all the styles.
    GretaHelsa
  • CarlizeCarlize
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,840
    @SinsAndFalseAlarms Do you mean wavy twin tails? That was released during an attendance event and was non-tradeable.

As for when the Erinn Box will come out, it took a year last time and since there's items like the Scathach set also in the gacha it seems to be linked to Halloween. However, I think the rerelease of it didn't get the attention it deserved, both due to the loot-o-lanturns coming out (and being urns nonetheless) as well as the fact that the reward pool was barely updated. All the new coupons were insanely rare to get and besides those there wasn't really anything new. Plus last year we had free Erinn boxes in a login event, which they didn't do this year. If anything they might put the coupons in a new gacha at some point, but unless the Erinn box actually has good drops next time I doubt it'll be much better than it was this time around.

I also support the permanent unlock idea, but if they did that I really hope they'd release your current hair off the bat. Otherwise it wouldn't help those who have a super expensive hair as we'd have to buy it twice, and I'd really rather not have to spend 50m on a hair because I doubt the universe will align itself twice for me.
  • ZintackZintack
    I do support the hair unlock ideas...
    But I don't plan on changing my hair a billion times so I guess it only effects people that switch genders or can't handle the same hairstyle for too long... still support it though.

And grrr, I really don't wanna wait forever. Tarlach is a small server so chances of me getting them are low... hopefully the rates get fixed if I do have to wait that long.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Unfortunately, all we can do is take our anti gambling complaints to the suggestion forums. It's 2017, and if Mabinogi can't change and improve, Peria Chronicles will end up killing it by 2019.
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    edited January 18, 2017
    This whole problem would be solved if they just added something similar to the "Salon" in Maplestory. Hair "gachapons" were just like this on that game, where you couldn't keep your old hairstyles (or face styles). Once they added a Salon window, you could save whatever style you currently had, and could switch to it at any time afterward for a small gold fee.
    Zintack
  • ZintackZintack
    @Darkpixie99 Agreed.

Question I asked =/= Suggestions

Even though nobody really knows when it would come out.. just hoping soon.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    @Zintack I'm being totally honest here by saying that I hope it doesn't come out soon, but if it does come out for Nexon to have it ready with the Save Face feature.