Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the RE:Life Update!
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Spirit Tools

Mabinogi Rep: 3,535
Posts: 215
edited August 21, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Why should weapons be the only thing we can attach spirits to? It's not unheard of in mythology for ordinary tools to become inhabited by spirits, or even gain a soul of their own. To set them apart from spirit weapons, I suggest that they be given increased gathering/production abilities, rather than (or in addition to) straight stat boosts. For example:

Gathering Tools - Increased gathering speed & greater chance of obtaining an extra item.

Production Tools - Increased production speed & increased production success rate.

Musical Instruments - Better performance rate, increased effectiveness of music skills, & higher chance for magical effect.

Taming Canes - Increased success rate & reduced preparation time.
  1. Would you want to be able to ego noncombat tools?18 votes
    1. Yes
       94% (17 votes)
    2. No
       6% (1 vote)


  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    Posts: 664
    edited August 21, 2017

    Spirit gathering knife: 60% chance of lucky drop, 40% added to production success rate, 30% added to speed

    (I don't know much about spirited items but there goes a shot xD)
  • TheRocket35TheRocket35
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Posts: 18
    I don't know If I would be willing to drop millions of gold worth of items to ego a tool.
    Then again the whole reason I don't have a spirit weapon is because they arn't worth all the cost and trouble ether.
    It has been years since spirit weapons have been relevant. They cost too much are are far to weak.
    I think spirit tools would have the problem of costing too much while not providing a good enough reason to even bother.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Posts: 184
    Just fighting all the time could get really boring in a game with freedom like Mabinogi, you have my support. +1
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Posts: 154
    Yes please. This would be a godsend to those specializing in a life talent.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    Posts: 104
    Production Quality Bonus please.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,755
    Posts: 6,972
    Hoe Spirit Weapon anyone? :^)
  • XafnirXafnir
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Posts: 18
    +1 from me as well and while they are at it, they need a complete spirit weapon revamp. Like people stated, the weapons are way too weak and not worth using because of the "special repair". Spirit tools would not be that much better but the prod quality bonus would be attractive for anyone, especially the crafters
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Posts: 661
    One big issue is that they'd need something to make it so it's worth having a spirit tool. As it stands spirits weapons are already near useless with one or two being an exception. Basically, spirits need an edge, and spirit tools even more so.