Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi won't launch from nexon launcher

aylumosaylumos
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Technical Support
I've had this same exact issue previously with other nexon games on the nexon launcher, but i haven't found an issue for the mabinogi game.
Basically no matter what I do, whenever I press play it'll show it's loading for a second and then nothing will happen. The game won't even begin to open.
It just shows something is loading on my cursor and does nothing, then when I go back to the page on the nexon launcher, it says I'm already in-game and I have to wait for a while before it registers that I'm not actually in-game. Sometimes I even end up needing to close the nexon launcher altogether for it to realize I'm not in-game.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this issue! I'm a new player and have not been able to open the game even once.

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Add exceptions to your anti-virus, firewall and DEP (add for the launcher and any exe's for games). One of those is preventing the game from launching.
    aylumos
  • aylumosaylumos
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited September 7, 2018
    Ktty wrote: »
    Add exceptions to your anti-virus, firewall and DEP (add for the launcher and any exe's for games). One of those is preventing the game from launching.

Ah, it's still not working. I'm not quite sure if I'm doing anything incorrectly though.
    Also, maplestory 2 seems to be running just fine, it's only mabinogi that won't run.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    edited September 8, 2018
    aylumos wrote: »
    ... Also, maplestory 2 seems to be running just fine, ...

Doesn't mean a thing. Mabi is its own beast and has its own eccentricities.

There are 3 exe's for the launcher alone and I forget how many for Mabi. The easy way is to list the entire directory where the launcher and Mabi are kept as an exception in the firewall and anti-virus. DEP is its own thing and you can just use google for that.

Also if your anti-virus was active during the download/install it's possible it 'cleaned' it and the install it messed up. If this is the case the option in the launcher to repair the installation should correct it (but may take some time).

Are you on an Admin account on your PC? If not it will never run until you have full Admin privileges. You should also set Mabi to 'Always run as Admin' to ensure it can do what it needs to do. If you have UAC active it will prevent Mabi from running too. Honestly it's best just to turn it off.

If you definitely have done all of the above (and correctly) and it still won't run you'll need to provide detailed info. We cant see/access your PC so you need to be our eyes.
    aylumosVoodooV