Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon been Re-skinning alot of Assets...

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
edited September 8, 2018 in General Chat
& selling em lately. Isn't this just basically...
Selling us Hardcoded Visual Mods?

I.E[Rem-Morning star=Cuthroat.]

Can we just remove all same variations and make non-collabs appearance scroll an accessible in-game shop thing? Or mini-games incentives? But Any collab re-skins in da future shuld just be appearance scrolls unless they're a unique item w/gimmicks?

i72b82H.gif?noredirect

/Discuss
Bronzebreak

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    It just wouldn't be Mabinogi without reskins c:
  • TtheHeroTtheHero
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    What about title reskins? We can at least get behind that, right? For those that missed the SAO Nishida, we eventually had the Shenon title, Ice Fishing, and now Anastasia.

...Although those three weren't really sold,but easy to obtain for free, especially the lattermost one. And that one's the easiest to get by far.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I honestly don't mind reskins of in-game weapons, so long as the are far from the being reskins of the best weapon of that class. It's nice thing (and perfect thing) to put in a gacha since its there as a fashion item and people should only do the gacha or pay the premium to make a fashion statement.
    Cho
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    I honestly don't mind reskins of in-game weapons, so long as the are far from the being reskins of the best weapon of that class. It's nice thing (and perfect thing) to put in a gacha since its there as a fashion item and people should only do the gacha or pay the premium to make a fashion statement.

I'd like the other Weapon stats to be Upgrade paths & Allow Appearance skins to be the visual mods. Imo much cooler and innovative. :)
    Twelie
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Rhey wrote: »
    GTCvActium wrote: »

I'd like the other Weapon stats to be Upgrade paths & Allow Appearance skins to be the visual mods. Imo much cooler and innovative. :)

Well I'm on the camp where having the stats tied to a weapon look gives me an idea on what the stats is. The merit is that it lets you identify something quickly from visual reference. Skin scrolls have kinda messed that up for me especially when people have them AND lock out their equip views. One thing I really liked in the old days was that seeing a person with a specific weapon, even those within the same class, can offer clues and ques on their fighting style and preferences. Most of that is lost today.
    Jazmyn
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Rhey wrote: »
    & selling em lately. Isn't this just basically...
    Selling us Hardcoded Visual Mods?

I.E[Rem-Morning star=Cuthroat.]

Can we just remove all same variations and make non-collabs appearance scroll an accessible in-game shop thing? Or mini-games incentives? But Any collab re-skins in da future shuld just be appearance scrolls unless they're a unique item w/gimmicks?

i72b82H.gif?noredirect

/Discuss

I actually really prefer the weapons to the appearance scrolls. Scrolled items you can't store in pets, nor can you trade with another player without destroying the scroll first. And also, I like being able to play on other char on my account, and scrolled items aren't bank transferrable. :(

Maybe we can keep having both item and scroll versions? ^ ^;