Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pets in Homestead #Probably1000000

Comments

• GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    The romantic farm eh? and a lot of research and training opportunities for collecting skills along with some unknown effects and reputations, sounds like a big one.
    Thank you for the text, it almost sounds like a different game altogether but some of the pictures on the Korean page now make sense thanks to this info.

But i still dont want to be forced to lease my house so that is a minus, i wonder if they're gonna put everything on that list inside the house or if they're gonna make something different...
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    edited September 12, 2018
    Allow players to summon pets in homesteads.

If this restriction was to prevent people from ferrying others, disallow mounting in homesteads and de-summon the pet upon clicking "Enter Homestead".

Reasons why this would be helpful:
    •Allow players to organize inventories while in their homestead.
    •Allow players to access materials on pets for constructing homestead objects, while in their homestead.
    •Access to pet inventories when doing Fishing, Carpentry, Herbalism, Tailoring, Weaving, Paint Mixing, Cooking, Handicraft, Refining, Blacksmithing, Fragmentation, Synthesis and Metal Conversion. These are all skills that can be done in homesteads.

It basically all comes down to convenience, and this change would be very convenient.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    This is already a planned feature coming later, with another homestead update.

Also, I'm not sure the restriction was to prevent ferrying, as you could do this with the Partner mounts.
    Not sure why pets weren't allowed when partners were, but it won't really matter since Pets (and doll bags) are going to be freely allowed on homesteads in a future update.
    Gremm
  • ErorservErorserv
    edited September 13, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    This is already a planned feature coming later, with another homestead update.

Also, I'm not sure the restriction was to prevent ferrying, as you could do this with the Partner mounts.
    Not sure why pets weren't allowed when partners were, but it won't really matter since Pets (and doll bags) are going to be freely allowed on homesteads in a future update.

Ah that's good to hear. Thanks for the info.
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Pets too? I know the KR Annoucement said something about Dolls, not pets.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Voted yes. Here's another reason for you to add to your list:
    - it takes away the only real argument against making repeat play only work on Homesteads, since you would then be able to summon your Tuan.
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    edited September 13, 2018
    I accidently voted No....
    Should've been yes... but i never knew it would be unlocked.

EDIT: Spoke with a KR-Friend, so yep it is a thing in the next HS-Update. Cool Beans :D
    KensamaofmariJazmyn
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Now, summoning pets isn't allowed in Homesteads, apparently to prevent abuse of things like pet inventory and mounting (or something like that). But how about, as an alternative, pets could simply be present in your Homestead when they aren't summoned (and since they technically wouldn't be summoned per se, you would still be prevented from using the previously mentioned features). In fact, there could even be buildable structures for pets to live in on our Homesteads (ex. doghouses for dogs, stables for horses, roosts for birds, cages for reptiles, etc.). That'd be neat, right?
  • ErorservErorserv
    I've heard rumors that pet summoning in homesteads is planned.
    As for your idea, I disagree with the pets being present in your Homestead. Imagine the mess with the players who have 30+ pets. And believe me, a lot of players have 30+ pets.
    As for the structures, definitely. There aren't enough structures that don't require pon. Perhaps you can assign a pet to a structure. It'd be purely cosmetic of course, but it'd make for a lot of interesting homesteads.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Erorserv wrote: »
    I've heard rumors that pet summoning in homesteads is planned.
    As for your idea, I disagree with the pets being present in your Homestead. Imagine the mess with the players who have 30+ pets. And believe me, a lot of players have 30+ pets.
    As for the structures, definitely. There aren't enough structures that don't require pon. Perhaps you can assign a pet to a structure. It'd be purely cosmetic of course, but it'd make for a lot of interesting homesteads.

We legit have a thread of people saying they've hit the pet/char cap of 200.

I'd like Take-Care-of-Your-Pets/Partner-Simulator, so long as it's not as tedious or worthless as NintenDogs. I've felt like there's always been a lack of real attachment to summons, and they're kind of just ~there~ until the next most kawaii/powerful/nostalgic thing comes out.
    Sherri
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Oh right, I forgot just how many pets people have.

Okay, well how about a system where we build a pet housing structure first, and then assign a pet to that structure, and from then on, they'll be in or on it anytime you or anyone visits the Homestead (unless you are elsewhere and have them summoned at the time).
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited September 28, 2018
    Maybe a homestead building that increases the maximum pets you can have with each upgrade?
    You know.. uh.. before they charge us an arm and a leg in NX after maxing out the buildings upgrades?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    That sounds neat, displaying your pets as cosmetic props/npcs in your homestead.