Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

More ways to complete Dan testing

rabbitwarrabbitwar
Mabinogi Rep: 580
edited September 14, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Make it possible to rank up Dan levels by getting lower ranks on the test, but require more completions to do so. Ex: the test for Dan 3 would give 50 points for SS rank, 25 points for S rank, 12.5 points for A rank, each rank can complete 100 points and then at 100 points you get the option to level up the skill. This would make it easier for players who lag to gain ranks by spending more time instead and would allow players to make regular progress on the test even when a moment of bad luck causes them to miss getting a higher score
BronzebreakGremm

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I have the opposite opinion. Dans represent the very highest levels of a skill. I think players should pass ONE very difficult test, not many moderately difficult tests. What I do agree with is removing as much chance and luck from the tests as possible, as well as limiting the effect of lag on the outcome of the tests.
    Gremm
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited September 16, 2018
    I have the opposite opinion. Dans represent the very highest levels of a skill. I think players should pass ONE very difficult test, not many moderately difficult tests. What I do agree with is removing as much chance and luck from the tests as possible, as well as limiting the effect of lag on the outcome of the tests.

I agree that player skills should play a vital role during the Dan tests but there are so many factors that depend on luck that i would rather have a system like rabbitwar suggest than continue as it is now.

+1 Support
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Gremm makes a good point about luck. It would be much more fair to eliminate the uncontrollable randomness within the test. That said, critical hits and deadly should be removed during dan test, and of course, the points adjusted to compensate for this. This would leave only the players skill to be the deciding factor in the test.
  • rabbitwarrabbitwar
    Mabinogi Rep: 580
    I would also like to see it become a test of actual skill, but I don't actually expect that to happen. Balancing on any game would be very difficult when the playerbase is spread out so far, for example, a skill like magnum shot, the rate of attack will differ greatly between players because they need to balance aim % vs attack speed. Balancing is also harder because a lot (possibly all?) of the work is done on the KR side where latency isn't much of an issue. I made this suggestion because I felt it was a more doable solution.