Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make Spellbooks Repairable

ArchlunarisArchlunaris
Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
edited January 18, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Ok Guys,

So we just got an AWESOME new spell book added to the game for us wand users. Its reforgeable, enchantable, but theres one small problem. Its not repairable. I don't know about you guys, but im tired of carrying around a chicken's face that cant be enchanted as my "spell book" Also, given how accessible spell books are compared to holy eagle shields, why should they be nerfed? The not repairable mechanic was an old mechanic used to make wands more powerful for a limited time back in the old days when we had mana evaporation. Now staves vastly outshine wands unless your roll a chaincast firewand, you could even argue healing wands are outdated if you don't count the healing reforge thanks to the celtic guardian staff, and blaze wands (unless you exclusively do party blaze set ups, which LR vastly outshines now). Id love to see spell books help wand users be on par more with staff users. The bonus of a staff is burst damage and total spell utility, a wand users bonus should be faster regen and a larger mana pool as a cost for less spell accessibility and useage (especially for tribolt users who literally ONLY use chain/fusion bolts) Help me out guys, lets get a vote going. What do you think?

Sincerely,
Arch
  1. Should spell Books Be Repairable?26 votes
    1. Yes, this would make wands more viable!
       85% (22 votes)
    2. No, helping myself is a terrible idea.
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Just as a side note as well, this would help people train too for all those "abysmal" enchanted books that came out. A buff like this could help all players new and old, it would even help people train mana crystallization. Im sure it could help in even more ways if we all put our heads together. Lets show some team effort here guys! xD
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    To be honest, I thought Spell Books were a dead item. If Nexon is bringing them back, they should have at least done some proper planning on how it would function with wands compared to a staff in the modern Mabinogi and then revamp it.
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Darkpixie99

To be honest, I thought Spell Books were a dead item. If Nexon is bringing them back, they should have at least done some proper planning on how it would function with wands compared to a staff in the modern Mabinogi and then revamp it.
    I agree completely. Ive noticed a lot of good magic items recently were "temporary" bonuses. For example, the spooky eerie enchants that appear to be a one time release, with no way to obtain them in game. Im not sure why magic is viewed as OP by compared to all other classes, but I think if we get a bonus, it should be a perm one. Plus it would make people want to enchant them and reforge them, AND it comes from gacha. What more insentive is needed here for more profit? #NoticeMeNexonSempai
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited January 18, 2017
    There is an item called the Spell Book Repair Quill that exists that has a 50% chance of repairing all of the durability, but if it fails, it removes a point of durability.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Spell_Book_Repair_Quill

However, not a bad suggestion!
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    edited January 18, 2017
    Korore
    Korore said:

There is an item called the Spell Book Repair Quill that exists that has a 50% chance of repairing all of the durability, but if it fails, it removes a point of durability.

Which is a completely outdated item, and the books should be repairable at NPCs. Plus it does not work with this newest book from what ive heard. So, this does not help the situation, that's just a bandaid. I hate to admit, but a very faulty bandaid.
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Korore
    Korore said:

However, not a bad suggestion!
    Also sorry for multiple edits, wanted to make sure I had the right information myself. Thank you for your quick reply as well, did not fix the issue, but it was appreciated.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    wao I haven't used spellbooks since like 2011

I think I have the old ones hoarded on a pet (that I refused to use because they're non-repairable, ofc)
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Eralea
    Eralea said:

wao I haven't used spellbooks since like 2011

I think I have the old ones hoarded on a pet (that I refused to use because they're non-repairable, ofc)
    Look up some of the new spell books, and chain casting wand tactics. Bet you would probably wanna use one next time your packing a wand if they were repairable huh?. I know I would with the newest one, -20% mana cost, +300% mana regen, +400 mana, 30 dura. if it were only repairable, id be in fire wand heaven personally. Esepcially since the quill choice is no longer viable, as they come from ancient gachas.

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    My wand tactic is cc4 firebolt in one hand and guard cylinder in the other hand, then I hide behind a barrier and throw fire at whatever my ctrl+target lands on.

I'm not good at party play 8D
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Im surprised this has gotten so little traction. Do all all the mages out there really wanna settle on un-enchantable chicken shields? Comon guys, drop a vote or a comment! xD
  • TamisraTamisra
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    If you want a repairable one you should sacrifice the ability to enchant. It is a balance. Use a quill if you must have the slightly higher buff and enchants that come with Astro.
  • Guy who loves RiceGuy who loves Rice
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Its sad that the new book is so wonderful but I am scared to use it due to durability loss.
    While I do understand the non-repairable nature of the book is due to balancing its really sad whenever I see such useful items being quite physically dropped on the ground upon obtaining them,
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    I support, I love using a book with magic but I'm afraid to even afk with it because it'll break
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    I'm all for spellbooks being repairable by npcs, with the limited amount of quills being a prime factor. At least make them repairable by fleta or weiss.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Making Spellbooks repairable will probably drop the desire for the eagle mask quite a bit.. What they should do is release new spellbooks that are repairable.

Maybe some with different casting effects, making it seem like an actual spellbook. Not a cardboard that enhances your abilities.
    MediaKlepto
  • FrahaleahFrahaleah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    @XeekTheMighty

Or better yet, give the eweca, ladeca, palala and astro spellbooks defense and protection stats.

• MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,845
    I honestly love using my tribolt for fb chain casting and I do agree that newer spell books should be repairable. As Arch said, the new astro book stats are -20% mana cost, +300% mana regen, +400 mana, and 30 durability. The eagle mask has 5% Auto def for range/melee -15% mana cost, +300 Mp, and +300% mana recovery rate (30 dura). So if we disregard the 5% auto def range/melee, the astro book would be superior in stats by -5% mana cost and +100 more mana. These books have potential for newer players who cannot afford eagle masks (which tend to sell for 15-20m atm in Mari). The plus side to repairing the books is good for people who can't afford the eagle mask. The downside is that if these books were super easy to repair nobody would really aim for the eagle masks. We also have to consider that if these books were repairable we would need repair quills which tend to be like 300k-500k? (The demand of repair quills would probably go up if this happens) I honestly do like the idea of books being repairable since personally I don't like things that you cannot repair. XD