Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

G21 Part 2 Face to Face

Comments

• AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    As an elf, I cheesed the initial spawn of doppelgangers with Hydra+Hide. Also had to use a nao stone because the main doppelganger and some of its friends murdiddllyurdered me at the start.
    After that, I am mostly dealing wound damage with chainblades. I summoned a pet at all times to pummel the doppleganger and keep it distracted. When the darkness glowy orbs happen, ignore the doppelganger, keep a pet on it, and knock out all four of the orbs. Then resume attacking. The doppelganger's attacks aren't that strong (maybe because all the clones are gone?). I was able to defeat it on my first try.

If you don't have a wounding weapon type, keeping a pet attacking the doppelganger will very briefly stop its hp regeneration with each hit. Rotate using pets that revives after being summoned like nimbus or party balloon horse to keep the attacks on it.
  • AlwaysShamoAlwaysShamo
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Stuck on the same part. Weak doppelgangers are easy enough to take out but I can't get the boss past 99.85% health. Hit the four orbs and no more copies spawn but you still can't damage the boss.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited July 17, 2018
    I just thought of some things that may or may not help but since I cannot run this mission again maybe someone here could try it out?
    -Ragdolls- if you have a bunch of these things attacking the doppelganger, it would stop its regeneration for even a small moment.
    -Mercenary Scrolls- this is a Shadow Mission so maybe we could bring 5 Elite Lion Mercenary Scrolls to maul the doppelganger to death? Again, constant attacking will cause the health regeneration to stop for a moment. They only last 3 minutes so bring several (or a few just to test it out).
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    the doppleganger does fairly low damage even with all the clones. taking out all the clones mostly just lowers the doppleganger's defense. chain crush appeared to be the most effective chainblade skill for doing wounding damage. is a rank 1 Hydra skill strong enough to kill all the clones with one use?
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    A Very Easy Way To Defeat This Boss Is To Do This Bash Out Its HP Enough And Do Enough Wounding Damage To Mitigate The Regen,
    When It Tries To Use Shadow Spirit On You, You Can Glitch The Skill Mount Up Your Pet BEFORE It Hits And Then De-Summon The Pet Right Away When It Hits Your Pet It Locks On The Pet Not You Riding It To Stay Alive Keep Using Lifedrain/Clouds And You Cant Die To The Boss

Still Working On Final Boss Strategy

Johnsparta-Alexina My Total Is 8k But If Your Pure Melee This Is Easy To Kill Your Doppelganger
  • ShadowsFox3ShadowsFox3
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I can't seem to deal any lasting damage and since I'm usually a pure mage I can't seem to get anywhere. I tried using dual wielded sword and combining final hit, battle overture, and way of the gun after 20 minutes i couldn't get past the 5% mark what do I do?
  • LoomieLoomie
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Literally just killed it by when I walked into the mission I had linked with my pet and insta-fireballed the extra doppels. Them deads, then I went in on the boss with cc firebolt. I had my pet attack and distract it like you guys suggested. Worked like a charm. Very important to kill the doppelgangers if any spawn because you do waaaaaay less dmg to the main one if even one is alive i think. So you have your pet distract the main boi for a sec while you kill the doppels (its faster to just let them appear and kill them, imo instead of hitting those orbs tbh) then you go back in on the main one again. Repeat this and it will bow to you >8D!
  • YorozuyaYorozuya
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Applies to any race:
    - divine link
    - get your pet to auto attack the doppel to 'stun' the regen, since it cant regen when it's being dmg'd
    - kill the clones, they buff the main doppel with def and prot and thus lower both your wounding rate and dps

- you need high dps and/maybe high wound rate. use whatever method that may be. Just note that they do give you over an hour

If you want more ideas, there are a LOT of threads talking about G21S2 already floating around.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Yorozuya wrote: »

If you want more ideas, there are a LOT of threads talking about G21S2 already floating around.

My thread was one of the first.
  • lostheavenlostheaven
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    I'm stuck at this part as well. Even with everything I've got the most I've gotten it down is 99.85%, even when I killed the copies.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    If you have the Catering skill, try eating a combination of foods that may boost your stats.
    Super Sticky Mochi from R1 Catering (that's STR/INT/DEX/WILL/LUCK +50[x10 = 500] for 20 minutes) helped me immensely with this fight.
This discussion has been closed.