Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Note/Message Notifications

SkaidrojumiSkaidrojumi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
in Feedback and Suggestions
I can't imagine it would be too difficult to have a notification added that alerts you that you have an unread note. The only time I open my note page is if I'm expecting to receive one. If I'm not, any notes sent to me that I didn't see come in aren't read for days.

All I'm suggesting is something similar to the envelope icon you get when you receive mail. Something that stays on the screen until your note is read. Thoughts?
PoyopoyoSherri
  1. Should there be an "unread note" icon?26 votes
    1. YES! I rarely know when a note comes in
       96% (25 votes)
    2. NO! There's enough clutter on my screen already
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• TsukoyomiTsukoyomi
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    edited October 6, 2018
    If there's a mental disorder for fearing you're not seeing a message, i have it. Please have this added!
    BronzebreakAsuriel
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Not only are notes are missed, but canceling chat threads after disconnect is also inconvenient.
    I think upgrading that will also help.
    BronzebreakIcedrakeAsuriel
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I'd like to add that when you read a note, that it have at least the previous note in the chain so you can reclaim context. Some times reply's come back so much later that you forget what was being talked about.
    KensamaofmariIcedrakeAsuriel
  • MinniieMinniie
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    Not only are notes are missed, but canceling chat threads after disconnect is also inconvenient.
    I think upgrading that will also help.

YES. My wireless can be really spotty sometimes due to renovations/construction happening in my apartment complex, so it's happened multiple times that I walk away from the computer to do something, get a pm from a friend, and then disconnect and never know. They've always just assumed I was AFK but I hate the possibility of someone thinking I ignored them
    Asuriel
  • AsurielAsuriel
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,960
    Helsa wrote: »
    I'd like to add that when you read a note, that it have at least the previous note in the chain so you can reclaim context. Some times reply's come back so much later that you forget what was being talked about.

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
    Plus this also adds context if you're reporting someone for harassment, say they're trying to start drama and you claim you're the victim. This would probably reduce tickets sent in to mods if they had the previous notes from you as well. Shows both sides of the story then.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Miruha wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.
    Plus this also adds context if you're reporting someone for harassment, say they're trying to start drama and you claim you're the victim. This would probably reduce tickets sent in to mods if they had the previous notes from you as well. Shows both sides of the story then.

If it just worked like an e-mail system...
    Kensamaofmari