Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Change Rest Skill

LastSaturdayLastSaturday
Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
edited October 15, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
So with leveling being really simple and more items now then at launch for instant recovery.... is there any reason to leave rest as is?

Can rest be changed to provide buffs instead of increased hp/mp regen while resting? I actually can't remember the last time I saw someone rest or make a campfire actually though that could still have it's uses for other things.

1. Should Rest be Revamped6 votes
    1. Yes
       33% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (2 votes)
    3. Yes and this is how (comment below)
       33% (2 votes)

Comments

• MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    This is already a thing coming out in the future with the campfire skill.
    LastSaturday
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Maia wrote: »
    This is already a thing coming out in the future with the campfire skill.

Oh alright I'm on top of the game then. Any idea how it works?
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I think I posted this already: Use Rest skill many times in succession to bring you into deeper states of relaxation and rejuvenation, starting with simple sitting and ending with a full blown ascension into nirvana.

Stages of Ascension

- Relaxation: Some stamina regen, minor HP regen. You just sit or lie down.
    - Meditation: Noticable stamina regen, some HP and MP regen. Camera zooms in and faces you, like in the dressing room.
    - Detachment: Improved stamina regen, noticable HP and MP regen, quicker negative status effect removal. Camera zooms out slowly, only your meditating form is visible now, without any gear. Background is removed and replaced by nothingness or astral imagery.
    - Enlightenment: ??? Since enlightenment is a singular event which leads into a state of nirvana, should it just be a full recover?

Other thoughts, maybe we can customize this skill like we customize dance of death. I can imagine changing our meditation poses (stereotypical one leg balance, one-finger handstand, praise-the-sun stance, etc) as well as our deep meditation background imagery (im sure some people would pay to replace the astral imagery with floating cats). We can get crazy with our concepts for this, especially near the final stages of Rest. I'd like to see astral projection or out-of-body experiences, truesight and third eye stuff, merging consciousness with another enlightened player, even shedding your physical form and inducing rebirth, whatever you can imagine.