Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Town Master

Animelove89Animelove89
Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
edited June 4, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
Become the master of a town Tir Dunby bangor Tara

Becoming the master of a town or whatever you want to call it.

Gain benefits? Choose benefits? add random decors?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yeah? What are the benefits besides useless bragging?
    CrimsọnGremm
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Making the game a bit livier if anything o-o If you are only into fights then I don't know what to tell you lol
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 4, 2018
    Making the game a bit livier if anything o-o If you are only into fights then I don't know what to tell you lol

How being a Town Master can make a game more alive? People won't go swarming the game to worship these "Masters". Your suggestion makes zero sense in my opinion. You didn't tell any actual logical ideas or reasons as to why you want this to be in this game. All you said was:

Become the master of a town Tir Dunby bangor Tara

Becoming the master of a town or whatever you want to call it.

Gain benefits? Choose benefits? add random decors?

Nothing else. No wonder why half of your "suggestions" get moved to Incomplete category.
    Try to make some sense and add some details when bringing up these ideas next time. Or people won't take you seriously and just get rid of your threads or just ignore them forever.

• Animelove89Animelove89
    the entire concept is become "master of town" as for the possibilities can be presented to the thread. I do not see any problems with it
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    They actually already have that... but only Japan and Korea got the update so far. Guild Battle was revamped, and the winning guilds get to be the guardians of Tir Chonail or Dunbarton... some of the perks include repair discounts at Ferghus along with 100% repair ability at Ferghus, more combat EXP from dungeons in Tir, dungeon gold and item drop increase for Rabbie and Math, personal shop limits increased for dunbarton, life talent exp 1.2x in Dunbarton, combat talent EXP increased by 1.x in Tir

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 4, 2018
    the entire concept is become "master of town" as for the possibilities can be presented to the thread. I do not see any problems with it

It is a half baked thread filled with a vague suggestion. Don't rely on us, expecting for to do what your opening post should have done. At least put more effort into the thread's idea, not simply post it because "it sounds cool".
    GretaAsuriel
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    what would you do to make the game more fun then o-o I think it is good to build on ideas
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    what would you do to make the game more fun then o-o I think it is good to build on ideas

Indeed, build on ideas that clearly exist in the first place. To which your thread here has indeed violated a well regarded rule.
    YangKoeteAsuriel
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited June 5, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    They actually already have that... but only Japan and Korea got the update so far. Guild Battle was revamped, and the winning guilds get to be the guardians of Tir Chonail or Dunbarton... some of the perks include repair discounts at Ferghus along with 100% repair ability at Ferghus, more combat EXP from dungeons in Tir, dungeon gold and item drop increase for Rabbie and Math, personal shop limits increased for dunbarton, life talent exp 1.2x in Dunbarton, combat talent EXP increased by 1.x in Tir

Well doesn't that just sound dope. An actual reason to guild.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited June 5, 2018
    Meh, they will probably have the guild "Leash" the town in that case, It will probably look like this:
    20M Gold + 10M extra for every 10 people present in the guild and you can call yourselves master of Dunbarton for a week.
    (You can set up a shop free of charge and advertise through your friendslist with a message of max 50 characters.)

And if you want to keep leashing the town then you need to pay another 10M + 5M for every 10 people in the guild every Sunday or your guild will lose the rights and another Guild can take your place. :P
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 5, 2018
    Gremm wrote: »
    Meh, they will probably have the guild "Leash" the town in that case, It will probably look like this:
    20M Gold + 10M extra for every 10 people present in the guild and you can call yourselves master of Dunbarton for a week.
    (You can set up a shop free of charge and advertise through your friendslist with a message of max 50 characters.)

And if you want to keep leashing the town then you need to pay another 10M + 5M for every 10 people in the guild every Sunday or your guild will lose the rights and another Guild can take your place. :P

^^^^^ Take example from this guy, Animelove89. This guy actually says some reasonable ideas/suggestions. This is a great way to gold sink rich people LOL.
    Asuriel
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I could see some potential for this, if only to make the other desolate towns more active. We could even make it a journal achievement.
    Gremm
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    edited September 8, 2018
    Hey my suggestion was added :D well close to it

[Edit]

Actually this was already implemented from JP and KR
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You could be a "Town Master" if they implemented this; just sayin'. Well maybe not. :)
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    what if become a mayor and get set rules of the town that affect things like what kinda decorations exist, maybe increase or decrease the amount of gold lost when selling stuff

so instead of 5% loss could be 50% loss or 0% loss

change the colour of how buildings are painted

maybe give exp bonuses to combat/life skills and negatives to others

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wouldn't being the mayor alienate the roles of NPCs like Duncan, Eavan, etc as if their roles weren't already low enough?
    Other than that, it would be fun to manage a town, but there can be easily abuse of power.

And also note that, most of Mabi is a kingdom(s) not a republic. Tir, Filia, and Cor may be the only places where there's an electoral system... but looks like they're are not due for any leadership changes.

Maybe the Hobgoblins of Lappa may be more open minded.
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 11, 2018

[Edit]

They didn't add it because you suggested it. It was pretty much expected anyway since KR had this ages ago.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Greta wrote: »

[Edit]

They didn't add it because you suggested it. It was pretty much expected anyway since KR had this ages ago.

I mean as someone who been a mabinogi forum for a long time now. You shot down an idea that was already expected ages ago. "useless and bragging"

My suggestion is to give the game more things to do while having fun. You on the other hand if you don't think its good at all toss it in the trash bin.

Now do the forum a favor and put your negativity in the trash bin and try being positive. While at it suggest ideas you think should be implemented to give the players more things to do.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta's sarcasm packs a punch umph.

On the other hand, the only way I see this working is that there should be an election every week and there needs to be a good amount of time before an individual can run for another term to prevent abuse of power.

But we also need a way to account for how to deal with bots and alts. To prevent alts of an account to manipulate voting, maybe set it like events, where only 1 character per account can be a candidate and a voter. And only characters who have reached a certain level count can vote (it won't clean up all bots, but it will help).
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Another way of helping is just have a level limit. For example above 1000, 1 vote per account,