Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Error occurs while extracting

Comments

• ItzuItzu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    I can't even download the launcher properly because it "isnt complete" or something. I'm playing on windows 7. I've rebooted my laptop several times to now avail. I really don't want to have to go through the pain of reinstalling mabi....
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    @Itzu said:

I can't even download the launcher properly because it "isnt complete" or something. I'm playing on windows 7. I've rebooted my laptop several times to now avail. I really don't want to have to go through the pain of reinstalling mabi....
    Your problem sounds as if your security (anti-virus) is cleaning the download without notifying you (yes they do that). It's probably why you had the problem to begin with. Check its history and tell it to restore what it did and then either list all of the Mabi folder and launcher folder as an exception or turn it off while downloading and updating.
    Itzu
  • LunatoMercuryLunatoMercury
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    edited January 19, 2017
    Seems like it doesn't work for me ether, I tried refreshing pretty much everything and I still get the same result. And it ain't my anti virus ether, I checked it more than 6 times by now. It's a shame really. I guess I will have to play something else till the nexon crew fix their mistakes, again.
    https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16142925_1379795198761448_2145936237361995523_n.jpg?oh=d2c09d14cf3b990ec7c2a52367028f0a&oe=59086E2F
    Here's yo proof. Also, you should tell them to fix their loggin and log off issue, It keeps telling me the page hasn't been found or like it never existed. I don't know what the nexon crew did, if they hired new crew, give them the boot and get the old ones back. Cause this is by far as bad as the Black Dragon event. Only old users know how much of an insult this is.
    Edit: Which reminds me, great time to have a Log-in event when players can't even log in. Smooth move. So the crew probably has around 2 days to fix this issue before all the players start complaining and end up reducing the community by half, again. So GL & HF crew. Hopefully things won't get worse than they already are.
    Edit 2: Found a way to reconnect in the forums to type. Just log in exactly on the forum topic you want to send a comment on. Not outside the topic. Make sure to reload before logging in to make sure it logs you off when ya enter here for example.
    Itzu
  • FOXAssassinFOXAssassin
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    After some experimentation, I found that if you download steam's version of mabinogi,then copy all of the files from the "package" folder into the stand-alone launcher's "package" folder,it -should- work,and without having to use the steam version.
  • ItzuItzu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
    edited January 19, 2017
    @Ktty I only vaguely understand what you're saying. could you please be more specific about these things? I'm not the most tech savvy! ^^;

EDIT: idk what I did or what happened but I got it to work! :D
    I updated my virus scan and ran a scan and after that it was able to finish.
  • xBernkastelxxBernkastelx
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,405
    How has this not been addressed at all by nexon? I literally can't login without going through steam
  • TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    edited January 21, 2017
    xBernkastelx

How has this not been addressed at all by nexon? I literally can't login without going through steam
    Give them some Time, they need to finish counting all the Money they sheared off the Fashionogis again.
    This Problem and the fact the Team is not at all Vocal on the forums and seems to not care about the Game in any way other than it being a Money-Well for them is the reason i mostly gave up on it.

But this isn't meant to be a Rant post but rather trying to get help for my GF who i still couldn't convince to play something else with me.
    So yeah, She's running Win10 64-bit and has the error too.
    I'll tell her to try disabling her Firewall, but then i have to wonder what kind of Spyware Nexon installs on our systems.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I downloaded the game again using the Nexon launcher. Uninstalled the Nexon launcher afterwards because it is not needed.
    The new download is working fine except that there is squeaking in the silence of the login screen and at some other times too.