Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ask a Dev Thread

Comments

• AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    Will we ever get a full spectrum RGB option palette for eyes, hair and skin colors?

Will we ever get a new race?
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Will farming be buffed so we get a decent amount of gold that is balanced to the current economy?
    LastSaturday
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Can we get guild halls that we can decorate similar to a homestead? So we can have Christmas decorations, different types of seating ect ect.
    LastSaturdayDragoolfireJayy124TwelieCrimsọn
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Amaraz wrote: »
    Will farming be buffed so we get a decent amount of gold that is balanced to the current economy?

Or the hunting quests? Like hunting mimics for gold. The amounts they give now aren't keeping up with the gold rewards for new raids like Avalon raids.
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    okay....i read the other thread of the Chinese mobile version....still seemed like the issue was foggy as to it's legitimacy or not....regardless it's only in Chinese language so that leaves me out anyways....so i'd like to change my question to:

will the actual Nexon version of Mabinogi Mobile be available in English when it comes out, or at sometime afterwards ??
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    ookie wrote: »
    okay....i read the other thread of the Chinese mobile version....still seemed like the issue was foggy as to it's legitimacy or not....regardless it's only in Chinese language so that leaves me out anyways....so i'd like to change my question to:

will the actual Nexon version of Mabinogi Mobile be available in English when it comes out, or at sometime afterwards ??

I would say it will depend on how the market responds for the original mobile versions.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited November 1, 2018
    In light of the recent updates to Giants and Humans sucking beyond comprehension now, when will we get a race change option for those who were foolish enough to play Mabinogi before other races existed?
    DragoolfireZeo
    Maia wrote: »
    In light of the recent updates to Giants and Humans sucking beyond comprehension now, when will we get a race change option for those who were foolish enough to play Mabinogi before other races existed?

Time to make goblins playable race?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited November 1, 2018
    Time to make goblins playable race?

You mean Orcs

wjSFvKC.png

In all seriousness, why don't we have race-rebirths? We can rebirth which is a defining feature of the game, so let us rebirth into whatever race we want. Disable non-applicable skills when you change races. Slap a large pon fee for doing it and call it a day.
    DragoolfireKensamaofmariZeoJayy124
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    What is going to happen to the now ghost town/housing districts? Any plans to update castles/castle dungeons so that guilds are incentivized to start owning them again?

Raze them to the ground! (Grabs torches and pitchforks) Overthrow the nobles! :D

There is no one there to overthrow... Not many houses either.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590

Or the hunting quests? Like hunting mimics for gold. The amounts they give now aren't keeping up with the gold rewards for new raids like Avalon raids.

They just doubled it for mimic, is that not enough?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    So the one disappointment I've always had with elves is the inability to dual wield. While I realize it was set the way it was to balance the races, I've always loved the high fantasy stereotype of the elf ranger who pulls out a pair of knives when the fighting gets too close for a bow. Is there any chance for this in the future, and if not, as a compromise, maybe a pre-done set of blades that elves can use, similar to the Chef's Passion, that can be reforged and special upgraded?
    Zeo
    What is going to happen to the now ghost town/housing districts? Any plans to update castles/castle dungeons so that guilds are incentivized to start owning them again?

Raze them to the ground! (Grabs torches and pitchforks) Overthrow the nobles! :D

There is no one there to overthrow... Not many houses either.

That saddens me :(
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    Any plans to renew or revamp Mabinogi's image to bring in more players?
    [Deleted User]Jayy124
    edited November 2, 2018
    Will we ever be able to go on adventures on the seas?
    Do the seas even have names?
    LastSaturdayKingEphyAquasolJayy124
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Is it expected that two-way communication as far as Feedback and Suggestions will increase?
    Although it seems like new content releases are preferred over content revamps, are there plans to increase the latter in the future?
    Is it likely that we will have more community involvement from GMs in the future?
    Jazmyn
  • MysteriousForumToolMysteriousForumTool
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    edited November 4, 2018
    1. Why hasn't the mystery reforge tool, or "mysterious reforge tool" been added to the commerce shop for NA servers? It should be added.

2. Can the vector based font be officially changed to bitmap for player names to improve performance? You can keep vector text for the for the larger messages that appear.

3. There's a bot prevention farming penalty that makes skills like magic craft hard to train when gathering mob dropped materials. Can there be a total level requirement that removes this penalty; possibly 1k+.

I guess these are more requests than questions, but worth shot
  • ForgottenSageForgottenSage
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited November 25, 2018
    These are some questions, ideas i came up with for the future of mabinogi
    1. Any plans to add open pvp areas
    2. Will there ever be a necromancer talent and will there be any new skills for older talents
    3. Will there ever be any new continents
    4. Will there be any new life talents/skills
    5. Any plans to add new races such as a dwarven race
    6. Will there ever be an addition of passive skills to talents
    7.will there ever be any new crusader skills or the addition of a crusader talent to implement these skills
    8. Any plans to make older or less populated areas of the games have a reason to go back to(like iria or belvast)
    9.what is going to be done with the now empty housing areas
    10. Any plans to update older skills and transformations
    11. Will there ever be a level system past r1 for skills that cant be danned, and more dan tests/ranks for skills that can be
    12. Will there ever be mastercrafting for life talents to make better items and mastercraft weapons and armor sets for talents
    13. Will there be any additions of raid bosses to the udlah contenant
    14. Any plans to add endless dungeons to the game
    15. Will there be reward updates for older dungeons, shadow missions and raids to make players feel inclined to play them more
    16. Will there be any new skills for hidden talents and quests/dungeons only available to those who have specific hidden talents unlocked
    17. Will there ever be the addition of new magic skills and maybe new elements
    18. Adding on to the element idea skills to imbue weapons with magical elements would be a great addition to the game
    19. The guardian update marked a new step in guilds, but i believe guilds would benefit from guild strongholds which the guild members have to build from the ground up, along with these guild strongholds there could be a new type of pvp, one where one guild sieges anothers stronghold to raid there coffer for gold and other rewards
    20. Along with strongholds another addition that would be great would be guild specific quests, dungeons and raids
    21. Any plans to make more quests/side quest lines hidden around the world and/or locked behind the player unlocking specific achievements/titles?
    22. There should be something either in game or in the cashshop that allows players to increase bank size and the max amount of gold that can be stored in the bank without having to create multiple characters
    23. There should be more in game achievements that reward the player for completing them (an example of this would be the ap achievements for talents or the festia achievements)
    24. Any plans to update commerce by allowing the players to travel to iria/any new continents added later. Also the addition of more and stronger enemies
    24 continued. Along with the update of commerce the ducat shop should be updated too to give players more reason to do commerce, maybe also allowing the conversion between ducats and gold.
    25. Any plans to add name change, race change, and pet name change tokens into the game?
    26. Some sort of trader(with a chance of carrying rare and valuable items) that appears once every week or couple weeks in a random location in the game would be a great addition to the game.
    27. Prices stock is very outdated and once you reach a certain point in the game he is useless, an update of his stock would be great
    28. Weekly events like the banquet are great ways for players to meet new people and recruit for their guilds, more weekly events like that would be great
    29. Will there ever be the ability to place npcs in your homestead or homestead house( for example npcs would be things like shop keepers or bank tellers)
    30. To update crafting will there ever be the addition of player designed weapons and armor (like mixing and matching specific parts to create something new like a blade from one sword and a hilt from another)
    31. Any plans to update part time jobs, collect quests and the iria quest board to make new and more challenging ones and also updating the rewards for the older ones?
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    edited November 5, 2018
    Are there any plans on increasing the overall stack limits for older usable items, such as hp 100/300's, full recovery potions and even feathers? Having a stack of 50 SE potions is nice, but having a higher limit on the normal items would allow for more space saving overall in this regard. Being able to carry even 20 full recovery potions would help a ton.

I see Pickaxe, Weeding Hoe, Blacksmith Hammer and Sickles in the blacksmith manuals available by Gilmore of Bangor, but there's never been one for the gathering knife. Could we get one made for that as well? Having the option of being able to make a gathering knife of higher quality would be wonderful.

We have Transparent items for Hat, Glove and Boots, is there plans for adding more? Transparent wings for instance. Something such as this would be really helpful actually. (A friend mentioned this, so their ideal while chatting about some topics.)

-Edit-
    Could we also get more spaces allowed in our mailbox system? 30 spaces is okay but a bit more space would be cool.
    That or the manual option of being able to delete specific timed titles so I can choose what to delete on my own time.
    I can't use my mailbox on my main because of this, so either would be greatly appreciated.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Actually... now that @Maia brought it up.. I'd like to see race-rebirth be a thing in Mabinogi, it is already shown in the Mabinogi lore that a Milletian can rebirth from one race into other race so why can't we do it? Just disable race-specific skills if you rebirth into a different race without losing anything and you'll get your race-specific skills enabled once you rebirth back to same race again!
    KageitoMaiaTropa