Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unable to do several things

Sphyra21Sphyra21
Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
edited October 25, 2018 in Help
Things that mabi won't let me do:
Use items - message pops up saying "Unable to use item."
- Affects items such as food, golden fruit of experience, Baltane Supply Boxes, Black Pendant Shard, Easily unfurling tissue, etc.
- Does NOT affect potions, tendering potions, bandages, dye ampoules.
Summon pets - "You cannot summon pets or partners while performing this action."
Moongate & Continent Warp "You cannot warp while preforming this action."
Exit Homestead - "Failed to exit homestead."

Things I've tried to fix these problems:
Switching channels
Logging off and on again
Restarting the client - this worked to get me out of my homestead at least

None of this worked. I did not log back on mabi last night after the servers went kaput.

IGN: Sphyra
Server: Mari
Date of incident: 10/25/2018
Time: 14:30 - PST

Edit: Forgot to mention, I was inside the event shadow mission (via Black pendant shard) when the server went down.

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    *UPDATE*

My other characters on the same account are unaffected by the above issues
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    I did not log back on mabi last night after the servers went kaput.

The servers were taken down for updates to the game. If you haven't tried since then you should since it resets many things that cause problems. If you still do have a problem then you should submit a support ticket (be detailed as possible) or try the live chat on the support page (during their hrs of operation, remember they're in Cali).
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Ktty wrote: »
    The servers were taken down for updates to the game. If you haven't tried since then you should since it resets many things that cause problems. If you still do have a problem then you should submit a support ticket (be detailed as possible) or try the live chat on the support page (during their hrs of operation, remember they're in Cali).

Ticket has been sent already and this all happened well after the maintenance was completed. If I come across problems like this I always check the forums first to see if anyone else is having the same problems. If I don't see any threads then I create one more so as a way to find out if there are others who are experiencing the same thing.
    Jazmyn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    *UPDATE*

Something must've happened when it went kaput so that it is treating your character as still in the event shadow mission although you're not.
    Sphyra21
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    *UPDATE*

Something must've happened when it went kaput so that it is treating your character as still in the event shadow mission although you're not.

I was thinking the same thing
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    edited November 1, 2018
    Same thing happened to my alt this morning. And the disconnection happened during a run where a lot of mimics spawned. When I logged back in my character was actually rolled back a bit, which reset a finished quest and took a few event items. I hope today's maintenance will fix it but I've sent a ticket anyway.

Edit: was your situation addressed/fixed since you last posted?
    I know back then these glitches were solved with cont warp, but seems like this is different with this event and the maint log out.
    Well,that's why you'd have to make sure to exit before the auto dc for maint hits.

Are you able to travel to different maps and try the functions there?
    Are you able to CC?
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    edited November 1, 2018
    In my case it was a 'regular' disconnection, not one due to maintenance. Speaking of maintenance, the one from today unfortunately didn't fix the problem.

I'm able to travel on foot and move to other areas via the regular passages and to change channels. Sphyra has already listed the things we can't do. Two warps that I've verified do still work are the one to and from Festia and the one from the Squad Party that moves you to Emain Macha.
    It seems likely to me there is some variable/toggle in the character's data that imposes these restrictions when turned on, that's supposed to be turned off when leaving the mission in any way but they forgot to consider a disconnection (or made an error in it).
    Are you able to do any other shadow mission or event shadow mission?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    For anyone having this issue have you guys tried to completely uninstall and reinstall?
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    yup, did that and the repair. the problem is server-side.

Yes I can enter "regular" shadow missions.
    This happened during the server disconnect not a maintenance one.

Found out I can't use my piano or harp but I can use other "chairs" including my music box. And balloons will not automatically revive or revive me at all.
    Also can't summon minigems and doll bags
    So it was a normal dc during the mission that led to this.
    It's probably something that players can't solve on their own.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Woot! They fixed my elf! omgosh it's so nice to be able to do stuff again!, Tyz Nx