Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hydra doesn't work on banshee?

AppleChanceryAppleChancery
Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
in Help
I tried using hydra on peaca basic banshee, but it didn't do ANY damage to it. I know banshee is supposed to be killed with ghost swords, but demi lich has the same invulnerability and I can kill that with hydra just fine. So, is there an exception to peaca basic banshee?

I also tried out all of these other attacks (besides spikes) that's supposed to bypass invulnerabilities, but they had no effect on banshee either.
1f623f9941f99a75fb9f9ddc846463d3.png

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Unless they changed it, or your character or the banshee was glitched in some way, you should be able to do this.

I don't know why they would have changed the banshee in that way, and not the Demi Lich too, but did you try all those methods, but also while holding ghost swords?
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    I couldn't test out ghost swords since I wasn't able to craft it at that time. I'm gonna assume my dungeon run just glitched in some way since a friend said these attacks and even celestial spike can do damage to banshee.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Demi Lich and Banshee can no longer be killed via Immunity ignoring skills such as Hydra, Wings of Rage, Dischord, Devil's Cry etc.
    This was changed quite a while ago!
    The only things that do damage now are Ghost Swords and the health-draining part of Life Drain.

Demi Lich, as far as I am aware, was also updated. However if you did a special version of demi lich (such as in a mainstream quest) he likely hasn't been fixed.
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Giegue wrote: »
    Demi Lich and Banshee can no longer be killed via Immunity ignoring skills such as Hydra, Wings of Rage, Dischord, Devil's Cry etc.
    This was changed quite a while ago!
    The only things that do damage now are Ghost Swords and the health-draining part of Life Drain.

Demi Lich, as far as I am aware, was also updated. However if you did a special version of demi lich (such as in a mainstream quest) he likely hasn't been fixed.

When was this changed? Can you send me a link of the patch note for this?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I don't think they listed it as a change, but I can confirm that hydra and other immunity ignoring skills no longer apply. So immunity mobs can no longer be damaged by means other than their original stated weaknesses.
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    This was included as part of the dungeon renewal update I believe.