Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

About them special tools....

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited November 8, 2018 in Help
So...what are they? Better stats? Better gathering speed? Better gather amount? Nexon's lack of info is troubling :x

I like to make life skills heaven instead of hell and if these tools could help with that i first wanna know if its worth making :(

Edit* ALSO! would like a better repair fee C: because if they lack better stats id like it to have like 60% lesser repair fee from the original else its a big waste of my time and effort.
Jazmyn

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I saw that there's a pair of new accessories, both of them requiring Suntouched Shyllien Crystals (the ones from Treasure Hunter Dungeon?).
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited November 8, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    I saw that there's a pair of new accessories, both of them requiring Suntouched Shyllien Crystals (the ones from Treasure Hunter Dungeon?).

Ugh no pay wall pls, I do not wanna force someone or have them force me to pay a huge fee for something i can't get myself.

Edit* anyways those are accessories, not the tools i am talking about, i ment from the raccoon event that is happening now at the moment, nexon failed to give us key info on what we are fighting for. Id rather not waste effort on making something that is no better than the orginal, unless the tools look better then i guess that is fine.
    Jazmyn
  • _xthatguyx__xthatguyx_
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    the gathering knife has a set effect of gathering success rate boost 10
    JazmynIyasenuAlshianBronzebreak
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited November 9, 2018
    Here's the thread I was looking for. I'm also annoyed at Nexon's lack of info on almost everything ever. This is why people are constantly breast feeding off the wiki!!! Anyways, that sounds really lackluster when I can just upgrade a sturdy gathering knife to have faster collection (unless the new knife also has super high durability?).... anything else?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Arjune wrote: »
    Here's the thread I was looking for. I'm also annoyed at Nexon's lack of info on almost everything ever. This is why people are constantly breast feeding off the wiki!!! Anyways, that sounds really lackluster when I can just upgrade a sturdy gathering knife to have faster collection (unless the new knife also has super high durability?).... anything else?

Isn't the purpose to figure it out ourselves?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

That sounds like it might be helpful for gathering from Paper Sheep.
    Or sheeptuplets.

Not sure what else you can gather using a gathering knife that can fail, if whatever you're shearing isn't moving.
    JazmynAlshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Iyasenu wrote: »

That sounds like it might be helpful for gathering from Paper Sheep.
    Or sheeptuplets.

Not sure what else you can gather using a gathering knife that can fail, if whatever you're shearing isn't moving.

I rather they changed the buff to speed instead...

I noticed that having rank1 sheering gave some success chance increase or could be me just lucky, but I never failed sheering paper Sheep at all unless it moves.
  • AlshianAlshian

Thank you. :3 now we need to know if other tools share the same bonus. :x
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Is there any more information on the other tools yet?
  • AlexLightAlexLight
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,100
    the metallurgy sieve has gathering success rate boost 10 and 12 dura compared to the normal 5 dura
    JazmynYangKoete
  • AlexLightAlexLight
    and i agree that nexon should give us proper patch notes
  • AlshianAlshian
    So far it appears that all these special tools give a success rate bonus but now i want to know its repair costs.

If its below the cost of the original tools than these special tools are worth the effort for those who want trusty Life skill tools with low cost.
    Jazmyn
  • AlexLightAlexLight
    just made the lumber axe and it has the same set bonus so it is safe to say the all have the same set bonus
  • AlexLightAlexLight
    the lumber axe has the same repair cost as the normal version
    JazmynTHICCthighssavelivesAlshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Rip welp at least better success rate then but still somewhat costy to repair when you fully upgrade it.

Was hoping it be at least 500~1200 gold cheaper to repair to reduce the amount you have to pay when you add cost multipliers to your upgraded tools.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Alshian wrote: »
    Rip welp at least better success rate then but still somewhat costy to repair when you fully upgrade it.

Was hoping it be at least 500~1200 gold cheaper to repair to reduce the amount you have to pay when you add cost multipliers to your upgraded tools.

Just have a set of Beginner gear for cheap repairs, and then that set when you REALLY need successes, I guess.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    edited November 22, 2018
    I'm surprised the exact answer wasn't said in here yet, but...

All 4 tools have "Gathering Success Rate Boost 10" as set effect
    Additionally, they all have a roll for bonus durability (typical magic craft stuff)
    Knife: Base 10, Roll +1~15
    Axe: Base 12, Roll +1~15
    Pickaxe: Base 10, Roll +1~15
    Sieve: Base 5, Roll +1~10
    AlshianJazmynBronzebreak
  • AlshianAlshian
    very good to know :3
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    How much is the gathering success rate boost?
  • AlshianAlshian
    How much is the gathering success rate boost?

after testing it with the lumber axe i seem to fail alot less counting 78/100

When i was trying to get loads of wood before i seem to fail in rows of 6 times while this new axe seem to only make it fail once every average of 9 successes.

I am not to sure how much of a boost this set gives but it did show at least some of a difference.

I have production mastery rank1 and carpentry rank1 using none upgraded gathering tools of 2 different versions of the axe.

Hope this gives some info if useful.
    JazmynTHICCthighssavelives