Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rest

TotokeTotoke
Mabinogi Rep: 995
in General Chat
So this is rank 9: 5ee288f2a9.png

And this is Rank 1: 5ee288f2a9.png

I know what you're thinking, but I promise you that is not a mistake :). If you're planning on ranking for the sole purpose of a special pose then you're probably better off ranking up other things. The benefits of removing pot poison and mp recovery are pretty neat.
KensamaofmaripawcalypseBronzebreak

Comments

• EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    I am disappoint.
    pawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Boss lvl resting
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    i thought we lie down at R1?
  • CatareaCatarea
    Mabinogi Rep: 420
    edited November 9, 2018
    Totoke wrote: »

I know what you're thinking, but I promise you that is not a mistake :). If you're planning on ranking for the sole purpose of a special pose then you're probably better off ranking up other things. The benefits of removing pot poison and mp recovery are pretty neat.

The new pose is coming in the future, just so youre aware~
    TotokeAlshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Catarea wrote: »
    Totoke wrote: »

The new pose is coming in the future, just so youre aware~

Hope they make the rank1 rest animation dramatic for the comedy :3
    pawcalypse
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh?
    R1 Rest actually gets a different animation later? I hadn't heard that.
    Well that's nice to hear.

I wonder, though, on the topic of being disappointed after getting to r1 of a previously capped skill.
    I was disappointed after ranking Cooking, because I was expecting to be able to Master Tasting, due to all the new training methods.
    But so far, even Julienning doesn't fulfill the last training requirement of r1 Tasting.

I hope they change that, too.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited November 9, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh?
    R1 Rest actually gets a different animation later? I hadn't heard that.
    Well that's nice to hear.

I wonder, though, on the topic of being disappointed after getting to r1 of a previously capped skill.
    I was disappointed after ranking Cooking, because I was expecting to be able to Master Tasting, due to all the new training methods.
    But so far, even Julienning doesn't fulfill the last training requirement of r1 Tasting.

I hope they change that, too.

The wiki says "Obtain additional Royal Cuisine Invoices for clearing Kitchen Dungeons." to master Tasting. :(
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I need the master of rest title, so i can show off how lazy I am true to be :3

Lazy, in every Lazy afk events coming our way...
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Alshian wrote: »
    I need the master of rest title, so i can show off how lazy I am true to be :3

Lazy, in every Lazy afk events coming our way...

I want to get Dan 1 or even Grandmaster title; the Master of AFK...
  • ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    For the sake of asking and not wasting so much time, what's the deal with this Wine Vinegar you need for Lucas? I can't find any info on it and it's driving me bonkers.
  • TotokeTotoke
    Shogai wrote: »
    For the sake of asking and not wasting so much time, what's the deal with this Wine Vinegar you need for Lucas? I can't find any info on it and it's driving me bonkers.

You can either have someone with rank 3 cooking to make it via Fermenting, or if you have a maid/butler(including re:Zero partners) you can have them make it for you as well.
  • ShogaiShogai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,090
    Ah thanks, my assumption was r3 cooking was needed but since I didn't see it in the cooking journal, I wasn't sure.
  • TotokeTotoke
    I thought the same too lol
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Neroy wrote: »

Those were mods.
    pawcalypse
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Only humanoid monsters that turn into statues via being eaten by a pet mimic can rest fabulously.
    pawcalypse
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Neroy wrote: »

Those were mods.

Actually, Partners have an action, "Sit Down and Play", that includes all of the Rest poses, hence why that was anticipated with this update.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited November 10, 2018
    I kind of knew this beforehand.

Even before the update you could get to Rank 1 Rest in the Lorraine's Nightmare Festia Attraction, and that didn't have the lie-down pose either.

Still a bit disappointing, but at least we have increasingly fancier chairs to use with our beefed up Rest.
    pawcalypse
  • YoyokingYoyoking
    Mabinogi Rep: 620
    Anyone know when the update for the new rest pose will be coming?
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    f58f7d14a6.png

I assume this is what r1 rest should look like?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    No R1 should look like sitting sitting upside down with your head while having your legs crossed in the air.